Fordmods Logo

Slotted Brake Discs 

Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 2:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

if they served no pupose would they be there?
not saying do em, but dont neglect them forever :wink:

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:16 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Ride: BA XR6T

VIC, Australia

lol, ok point taken. but its the front giving me troubles, coz they're all warped and need machineing again, and cant keep doing that forever. besdies, the standard ones suck anyways, more than once ive had em all hot and smokey. wouldnt even give enuf resistance to engage the abs on gravel... :?

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

QLD, Australia

Yeah, about a month ago i had hightek ship me up some DBA slotted for the front, RDA slotted for the rear, as well as EBC greenstuff pads for the front and their s**t cheapy pad (AXIS or something) for the rear

I also changed the fluid

Pedal was awesome straight up, but has anyone noticed the first couple of stops you do with the greenstuff pads are s**t? I was told they need a little heat to work at their best, but man, for the first 10min of driving they suck...its almost caught me out. After that, they are F**k brilliant (for what they are)

too many rabbits in china

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: V.W.

VIC, Australia

I put new Slotted Disc and new pads on my Car, and for the first day it was like driving with wet Brakes.

You are supposed to clean the Disc before you put them on, and obviously I didn't clean mine enough.

They came good and now there really good.

Posted: Mon Nov 08, 2004 10:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

I got my dba slotted/greenstuff setup installed this morn and gotta say its also like driving with wet brakes on std brakes - tho so was my other car, now once they bed in n give them a bit of time, 300-600kms, they will or should be working a treat..
They look shmick in the fbt rims tho :D

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:24 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: Futura

WA, Australia

when i first got my liscence i was cutting up in a carpark down at trigg beach on night, smokin the f**k outta both tyres, but had left my hand brake one. didnt notice till driving down the road and car felt lethargic.. haha got out to check the motor, !! smoke pouring from the back of the car. haha looked down thinkin somethings on fire. it was my pads, and the disks where bright red. haha such a d**k!.. warped the disk only a little bit though.

my mates got slotted DBA;s all round on his turbo TX5, and he pulls up from 180 in turn lanes at lights n s**t.. its rediculous.
we use lucas high temp pads. theyre good, no fade (bit dusty) but arent too bad on the disks

94 ED Futura, 5spd, RPM clutch,3.27 LSD, PH4480 pacemakers, 2.5'' Supercat, STG 2 Wade1004-112 advanced16degrees, XH intake K&N panel,pedders superlows, Expursuit puter. clearindicators, volvoTT thermofan
15.3@146kph
Alpine deck,splits,rears, clarion amp P1Crossfire subboofa, tint

Posted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

I got slotted brakes for the front of my EL about 10 months ago and I must say they are 100% better than the s**t stock ones. I have never had brake fade or brake problems since.
Just on the brake fluid, you have got to get it changed once every 2 years at least as the fluid itself starts to go all s**t etc and loses its braking properties.

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:43 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EF 5 speed

ACT, Australia

I've got a pair of DBA slotted rotors for the front of my EL, I'll let ya know how different they feel when I get around to putting them in.

Posted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

i also have dba cross drilled/slotted rotors for the front of my ef, with bendix advance pads, they're goin in tomorrow, i am giving the current brakes a real workout, they are so crap it's not funny.
i'll also post results on how much better they are

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BA

NSW, Australia

Mine are DBA slotted/Ferrodo pads and stopped me from buying the a*** end of a new Carrera 4S the other day. I'm very happy with them but I havn't done any track work yet :? [/img]

Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 6:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

got the crossdrilled/slotted on today, looks trick compared to the worn stocky ones i had before.
I also painted the calipers red, cause it goes faster, probably stops faster too :shock:

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2