Fordmods Logo

I know it's not a ford but can anyone help? 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: I know it's not a ford but can anyone help?
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:08 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 55

Joined: 16th Apr 2008

Ride: 4Runner

Location: Padbury/Armadale
WA, Australia

My step-sister has a 1986 toyota tarago van.

Me and my dad have spent all afternoon searching for the battery.

Does anyone know where the batter is????

Any help would be great

-brando

 

_________________

Toyota 4Runner Spirit V6
-The True Aussie Spirit (except bundy)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 436

Joined: 20th Jun 2005

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Gli

Location: melbourne
VIC, Australia

I don't know where it is as such buy i would reckon it will be at the rear of the vehicle under the floor
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:14 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 55

Joined: 16th Apr 2008

Ride: 4Runner

Location: Padbury/Armadale
WA, Australia

ELXR6lookalike wrote:
I don't know where it is as such buy i would reckon it will be at the rear of the vehicle under the floor


Nah, it didn't seem like sit was there, not enough room, and the floor is pretty low. nowhere to store it

 

_________________

Toyota 4Runner Spirit V6
-The True Aussie Spirit (except bundy)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:19 pm 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 4093

Joined: 20th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

Location: Seaford State:
VIC, Australia

usually under the drivers seat, or behind on the floor, lift the vinyl/carpet near the side panel

 

_________________

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:19 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11723

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

I think it's on the drivers side between the drivers seat and middle bench seats. Should be hidden under the carpet after the raised bit behind the drivers seat where the vent is.

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 632

Joined: 20th Jan 2007

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: el xr8

Location: bidwill
NSW, Australia

have a look behind the drivers seat ,under floor ,lift carpet,should be under there

 

_________________

i smell bad even when fm members drive past lol.

Last edited by fordebgt93 on Sun May 18, 2008 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:21 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 55

Joined: 16th Apr 2008

Ride: 4Runner

Location: Padbury/Armadale
WA, Australia

Under the driver's seat was the first place i looked.

The van at work is a mazda E2000. The battery in that is in the same location as the econovan, under the seat

I'm really stumped as to where it is

 

_________________

Toyota 4Runner Spirit V6
-The True Aussie Spirit (except bundy)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 32

Posts: 2282

Joined: 14th Jan 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia & EF XR8

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

follow the battery positive wire coming from the starter and see where it leads

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:23 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 55

Joined: 16th Apr 2008

Ride: 4Runner

Location: Padbury/Armadale
WA, Australia

phongus wrote:
I think it's on the drivers side between the drivers seat and middle bench seats. Should be hidden under the carpet after the raised bit behind the drivers seat where the vent is.

phong =P~


I opened that and there's just some box in there (not too sure what it was). It sure wasn't a battery

 

_________________

Toyota 4Runner Spirit V6
-The True Aussie Spirit (except bundy)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 632

Joined: 20th Jan 2007

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: el xr8

Location: bidwill
NSW, Australia

not under the seat but under floor ,behind driver

 

_________________

i smell bad even when fm members drive past lol.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 40

Posts: 1667

Joined: 23rd Dec 2004

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Boosted ED XR6, EBII Mont Wgn

Power: 252 rwkw

Location: Mildura
VIC, Australia

fordebgt93 wrote:
not under the seat but under floor ,behind driver


this is were it is..

 

_________________

Image
[SEXYR-6] ED XR6 T5 Turbo Build
[EBW-347] EB Wagon V8 Stroker Build
FordMods Member #1761

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:29 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11723

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

brandoando wrote:
phongus wrote:
I think it's on the drivers side between the drivers seat and middle bench seats. Should be hidden under the carpet after the raised bit behind the drivers seat where the vent is.

phong =P~


I opened that and there's just some box in there (not too sure what it was). It sure wasn't a battery


sexyr6 wrote:
fordebgt93 wrote:
not under the seat but under floor ,behind driver


this is were it is..


I think we're talking about the same area. I am sure when I replaced the battery in the old van it was there...not 100% though.

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:51 am 
Fordmods Newbie
Offline

Age: 63

Posts: 3

Joined: 8th Jul 2007

Location: henley brook
WA, Australia

the battery is in the floor on the drivers side in front of the first row of rear seats.lift the floor carpet in front of the first row of seats in the back behind drivers seat,you will find a cover with a turn knob at one end ,turn it and lift cover to see battery.If you climb under behind right front wheel and look up from underneath you can see it.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:00 pm 
Parts Gopher
Offline

Age: 28

Posts: 55

Joined: 16th Apr 2008

Ride: 4Runner

Location: Padbury/Armadale
WA, Australia

geoffxr6turbo wrote:
the battery is in the floor on the drivers side in front of the first row of rear seats.lift the floor carpet in front of the first row of seats in the back behind drivers seat,you will find a cover with a turn knob at one end ,turn it and lift cover to see battery.If you climb under behind right front wheel and look up from underneath you can see it.


I know where you're talking about and i looked in there. Is the battery stored within a plastic box once you open the cover behind the drivers seat?

 

_________________

Toyota 4Runner Spirit V6
-The True Aussie Spirit (except bundy)

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:28 pm 
Fordmods Junkie
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 11723

Joined: 17th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EL Fairmont, VFR400 racer

Power: 144 rwkw

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

brandoando wrote:
geoffxr6turbo wrote:
the battery is in the floor on the drivers side in front of the first row of rear seats.lift the floor carpet in front of the first row of seats in the back behind drivers seat,you will find a cover with a turn knob at one end ,turn it and lift cover to see battery.If you climb under behind right front wheel and look up from underneath you can see it.


I know where you're talking about and i looked in there. Is the battery stored within a plastic box once you open the cover behind the drivers seat?


It may have been. I don't recall a box but the battery may have a box around it for safety reasons as well as maybe collecting air somehow to cool it down as well since it is in an odd location.

phong =P~

 

_________________

phongus = Post whore 2006
EL XR6 motor, EL ECU + J3 chip, WADE 1673 Camshaft, 3" S/S intake, Pacy 4480, 2.5" Hi flow cat, 2.5" Lukey exhaust.
Max Power = 144.6 rwkw (03/05/2008)

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 15 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:36 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names