Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Reflections BA XT cruiser *Updated 24th Aug*
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:26 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: BA

VIC, Australia

Hey guys,

Thought I'd finally post a thread since I'm hopefully going to start doing some more work to the car. I'm not interested in doing any motor work. I want a car that's comfortable and fun to drive around at the speed limit. Not that I don't enjoy powerful cars ;).

Anyway, this is my still very stock baby. I apologise for the phone pics, don't have a digital camera.

Front

Back

First to go in was full Alpine type R sound system. 2 ported 12" subs, 1000w monoblock, head unit, 5x7's in the rear, splits up front. Build was for sound quality with a bit of kick. It was fun finding out you couldn't modify the BA's original head unit! Awesome job ford.

Head unit

Subs

Boot

Next me and my mate decided to put some interior neons, footwell and dome light. Went with blue, I know :P. Really enjoy the look of these. I used to think they were tacky but oh well.

NeonZ!! LoL

Then I decided to replace the mats, since they were almost tan in colour from the dirt.

Mats

I'm planning to spend a fair bit of time making the interior comfy and the outside clean and custom looking. But I don't have massive amounts of cash or time so :(.

For the exterior I'll be putting it on some wheels, still no idea what. Probably 19"s of some description and getting it lowered. Exhaust, something mild. Tail lights, removing the spoiler, thin number plates, colour coded mirrors and side stripes, removing the phone antenna, tinting and debadging.

Interior will be getting full ghia leather seats, cruise control, leather console lid, boot carpet with dynamat to reduce boot rattle, dynamat in some of the console, removing hands free kit and some other bits and peices, especially cleaning/replacing/painting parts that are pretty worn.

Just need some time!

Cheers,

Tyler

24th Aug:

Went down to the wreckers Friday to find some parts, but no luck! I've purchased some dynamat but need the time to do it. In the mean time I took off the aerial, rear badges and license plate surrounds!

Glue from the XT badge

Glue from the antenna

Glue from FALCON

No antenna!!

No badges!!

And this is chooks fully sick fairmont XT

Silver 2003 BA XT - 2 ported 12" Alpine type R subs, 5 by 7 Alpine type R rears, 5 and half inch Alpine splits up front, Alpine head unit.

Blue dome and footwell neons. Debadged and deaerialed. Custom front grill.

Wheels and lowering to come next, then exhaust.

Last edited by Reflections on Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:31 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: AUIII

NSW, Australia

great start, keep us posted :)

AUIII, PACEY 4499's, MAGNIFLOW CAT, 2.5" ZORST, 17X8" AUII XR RIMS....otherwise all factory!

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

QLD, Australia

good luck mate looks great so far... iv a ba xt aswell. i got rid of the wing also a cool mod for the boot would be shave out the rear ford badge and all other badges and get the chrome garnich above the no. plate. looks trick. i dropped mine 3 inches and put 20s on and i almost need a kidney belt cause she rides rough but looks tough.. good luck

if the bar aint bendin your just pretendin

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:34 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Thanks DV, will do.

Yeah I'm familiar with your car 1o4ord.The medusas were my original wheel choice but I think I'm going to go with something simpler. Still love the 20" meds though ;).

I was curious about the ford badge because it has an indentation I believe. I have no knowledge on how to fill/paint it :). But that would be cool. I was wondering if a fairlane boot would fit a BA. I think they're a different shape but they look a lot cleaner if I remember correctly.

Silver 2003 BA XT - 2 ported 12" Alpine type R subs, 5 by 7 Alpine type R rears, 5 and half inch Alpine splits up front, Alpine head unit.

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:35 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: BFII Fairmont Ghia, Silver

VIC, Australia

Reflections wrote:
I was wondering if a Fairlane boot would fit a BA. I think they're a different shape but they look a lot cleaner if I remember correctly.

A big difference with the BA/BF bootlid on Fairlane/LTD is that there is no provision for a number plate. These cars have the number plate recess in the rear bumper.
So you would have to consider changing out bootlid and bumper if they'll fit on the rest of the car, that is.
The Fairlane/LTD taillights have a heavy chrome strip under them, thicker than the short wheelbase models, which also runs along the base of the bootlid.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:48 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

The fairlanes don't look too much wider. Could be doable. With debadging it'd look a lot cleaner. Might consider checking it out. :)

Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:46 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: fairmont

VIC, Australia

Thats a nice ef fairmont in the second last photo lol.

Ive got a great camera man we need to do a photoshoot together

Posted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:48 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Picked up enough dynamat to do a full boot, sicaflex and started debadging today. Got called into work just after buying some glue remover so I'm driving it around with the poxy glue stains on it hahaha.

Will post pics once it's all complete, hopefully over the weekend!

Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Updated!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]