Fordmods Logo

Raymond Terrace raceway 

Page 2 of 2 [ 30 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 9:49 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

NSW, Australia

discuss the matter with the mg car club of newy. they hold the reins of ya or na. Last i heard the debate was over medical,fire,towing,public liability,volunteer marshaling.scrutineering and all the technical stuff that goes with street racing.Many cars would b turned away due to lack of safety features ie tailshaft loop,decent tyres,helmet etc. Newy needs this sort of place,and unless we get behind them it aint gonna happen. The mg car club is located in elder st lambton opposite the library with monthly meetings. :

Posted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:19 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 36 images

Ride: Fairlane

NSW, Australia

found on www.ovaltrack.com

Quote:
"The proposed Raymond Terrace Speedway is now being held up in the land and enviroment court so any support that can be shown would be helpful.
Please either contact the dept of sport and recreation or your local member. I contacted the dept and this is their reply so the more people who contact them the more likely the facility can get goverment support.

Hello Andrew,
Thank you for your email and question regarding a proposed speedway in the Raymond Terrace area.
It is our understanding that in 2003 a $15 million proposal to build a racetrack at Port Stephens, north of Newcastle was put back on display by the local Council for community comment.
We also understand that the proposal was first raised back in 2002, but the developer was asked by Council to provide more information about the impact of the speedway.

A statement of environmental effect had been prepared for the speedway at Balikera, north of Raymond Terrace, and Port Stephens and Council was to place the development application back on public display and we are not sure if this actually happened or not

The track was to be known as Ringwood Park and was to include a racing circuit and drag strip, a driver training area and dirt speedway.

We are advised that a local resident organised community meetings against the proposal in 2002, said his views had not changed.

"Our opposition is firm against the proposal, on various grounds. One is that its in the catchment of Grahamstown Dam, and we're It is understood that in 2003 asalso opposed in terms of noise, there are over 300 residential properties within a six kilometre radius of the development," he said.

NSW Sport & Recreation has not received any documentation or plans of the proposal.

I hope this information is of assistance.

Regards,

Graham Coulton
Project Officer - Motor Sport
NSW Sport & Recreation
Tel. 02 9006 3844
Fax. 02 9006 3885
Mob. 0412 992418

I have been trying to get information on this, but its like trying to get blood from a stone.

If anyone has anymore info, please let us know.

cheers

BEN

The Lane Lives.... Finally!!!!

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:16 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Hopefully an email or a letter could be sent by you to the council stating your support for
the project. (Information to assist you to do this has been attached).

Before you type out your submission, click on “Forward”, delete old addresses at the top of
this email message, change my name at the bottom to yours and forward this on from you, to
all in your address book & ask them to do the same and so on.

We need this to be an overwhelming response to the council.

This needs to be done before the 20th April 2008.

Facts that may be mentioned, preferably in your own words:

 The revised plans seem to be designed to minimise the affects on all the threatened species populations, their habitats and the ecological communities. The proposed planting of additional flora and trees will significantly enhance the quality of all the Endangered Ecological Community areas.
 Venue for safe Senior & Junior driver development.
 Venue for awareness & defensive driving training.
• Police, Fire, Ambulance & Australia Post.
• High School driver education programs.
• Corrective Services (from the court system).
 Increased tourism, revenue and employment for the Raymond Terrace and surrounding areas.
 Venue for drivers from Central Coast, Newcastle, Upper & lower Hunter Mid North Coast as well as Port Stephens to compete in club level motorsport in a safe & controlled environment.
 Venue for Hunter region bicycle road race training & events (safe & off the roads).
 The land is already council approved and used for motorsport (including the drag strip in 1989)
 It would seem that Military Noise is more of a concern in the proposed Kings Hill development than any perceived noise problem from upgrading the Ringwood Park facility.

This may be your last chance to give your opinion to the council. Don’t let all our effort of the past seven years be in vain.

This effort has already cost over three quarters of a million dollars let alone the half million dollars plus, cost to the PSC. Much of this could have been used to upgrade the facility.

Also tell the council that you like to address the court about your concerns. (objectors, such as the C.R.A.B.S., group will be doing so). We must not be outnumbered.

Written letters or emails (submissions) must contain your name, address and phone number & have to be received by the council before the 20 April 2008.

Post letters to Emails send to

DA NO: 16-2002-42-1 council@portstephens .nsw.gov.au
Scott Anson Attention Scott Anson
P.O. BOX 42
Raymond Terrace NSW 2324 also cc to
Ringwood-park-submissions@hotmail.com
(this will allow us to monitor the submissions the
council receives)

Posted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 9:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

yeah this idea / proposal has been around / in the works for about 6 years (well i heard rumours) from my days on newcastlelaps and skylinedownunder... i hope it comes to ferishion (can't spell four shiite)

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:27 am 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

righto, here is the update from what i have heard.

This subject was heard in court last monday, it didnt go as good as what we all hoped, with another few hurdles we have run into. But we will have to wait to hear from the judge or whoever for thier 150 page report, due out in about 1 months time.

there's still no hiding the fact that there will be some issues to address as far as getting traffic in and out of Italia Rd/Pacific Highway intersection - we're talking about a non signalised intersection on a major 110kmh highway, imagine the potential problems/risks it can cause for hundreds or even thousands of people leaving the tiny Italia Road and wanting to turn right to head back toward Newcastle/Sydney.
You've got s**t of cars crossing the highway one after the other with some towing trailers which will make it VERY dangerous.
In an unbias opinion, that's one major hurdle to cross unless the developer can convince/fund perhaps a signals installation on the new stretch of 110kmh highway which then would have to drop to 80kmh (no signals intersection should have an approach speed of more than 80kmh unless in special circumstances). This kind of defeats the purpose of why the highway was built in the first place. Maybe another alternative could be an offramp type situation which costs even more money.
I know thats one of the obstacles to consider as I dont believe portable traffic lights on 'race days' used on the highway will be sufficient enough as you really need a major signals structure on the highway viewable from hundreds of metres away otherwise it increases risks of end queue collisions from highway users. I'm sure there's many other issues that need addressing and God knows the Council have a list of their own. I want the Motorplex to go ahead just as much as the next guy as its only 10 minutes away, but its just not plain black and white or us against them. There are some very complicated and real world issues that need solutions and commitment and funding to see them through.

Bu we will have to wait untill the report to be released, then we shall go from there.

many other issues still exist related to environmental issues mostly. (drainage, noise, contaminants etc). Apparently it is on water board land, and they are concerned about runoff into grahamstown dam.

i really dont see the residents group holding this back, as its sooner or later going to get up. Its a case of can the developer who's alreeady wasted so much money on court costs get the proposal up and still have the dollars to do it all...

wait a few more years guys for sure.......

Posted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

s**t, i know what you guys are going through.

when i was a part of the kart club in Cairns, the old boy was one of the guys at the head of trying to get a new track built. One which could do club sprints, motokhana, driver training etc.

got stopped every step of the way. damn local governments cant see past the end of their own noses. The club had been pushing for years before dad became involved, he pushed it for about 5 years before we left the sport and they are still pushing now about 3 years later.

good luck

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:14 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

Have a look at this fellas, this is the outcome from the hearing the other day.

In a word........ f**k!!!!!!!!

http://www.lawlink.nsw.gov.au/lecjudgme ... enDocument

Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: V8 Falcon, Nissan Patrol

QLD, Australia

For those of us who got bored just in the first page, (read ME) what was the outcome/conditions?

1993 Ford Fairmont EB II 5.0L V8 Wagon
1992 Nissan Patrol TI 4.2L Diesel 4x4 Wagon

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:30 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

f**k hell whats the closest place to newcastle to take your car!!!!!!!!!

i assume WSID....

ED Fairmont, Ghia mock DOHC-T 11.6 @ 118 Trying to get back to the 1/4!

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:19 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

You pretty much got it in one. WSID is def the closest.

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

Just out of interest, can you give those of us who don't know, an idea as to how far Newcastle is from WSID?

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:30 pm 
Technical Contributor

NSW, Australia

newy to WSID would be around 2 to 2 1/2 hours. roughly.

Posted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

anyone around here plan on going some time???

i wanna enter my car in burnouts and run it down the 1/4 fairly soon, be good to go with some other ford nuts there 2

Posted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: EL XR8, '08 Mondeo XR5t

Power: 205 rwkw

WA, Australia

castlegreyskull wrote:
newy to WSID would be around 2 to 2 1/2 hours. roughly.

That sucks! I can see why you guys were so desperate to get this one...

Trickflow Street Heat top end kit, 70mm BBK TB & EGR, 24lb injectors, Underdrives & 3.73s: 275rwhp - 13.15@105mph NA / 12.37@116mph N20

When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty

Posted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Ahhhh well, It doesnt matter anymore! im moving back to brisbane! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooo, And willowbank is a 40 minute FUN!!! drive :D

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2