Fordmods Logo

UPC/Mr-Spares E-Series Big Brake Upgrade on eBay 

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Post subject: UPC/Mr-Spares E-Series Big Brake Upgrade on eBay
Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

The big brake upgrade for E-series by Tony from UPC/Mr-Spares on eBay is nothing new (there's some large old threads on it on here). However, for some reason I had another look at it the other day, and it seems that he had finally come through with a kit that results in AU-onwards offset as he promised to have avaliable almost 12 months ago...

Now, I e-mailed him again with a few questions.

For those interested, cross drilled and slottered rotors are an extra $70.00, and polished calipers are an extra $100.00.

My main question however relates to the now avaliable AU-onwards offset, as he's not overly clear in the item description how this is achieved. I know from speaking to some engineers, that the distance is too small for bolt on hubadapters, and so it was possible that he would be suppying spacers.
His response is that "The off set is changed with the hub and bracket to use the later model BA type wheels." Doesn't exactly leave you with a clear understanding...

One of my other questions was regarding the rotors, I wanted to know if they were custom jobs or if replacements were going to be avaliable anywhere. He said they were Mustange rotors and so any decent auto store should be able to supply them.
I started looking up the rotors of a few Mustangs in the DBA catelogue, and eventually came to some of the later models (around 2000 to 2004 era) which have a 330mm x 28mm rotor (the same size). I then noticed the part number for DBA is 069 (e.g. DBA069 for the standard rotors) (Tony's part number is also 069). I'm not aware of whether RDA use the same numbering system for there products (I know Silverline copy DBA's part numbers, but this may be because Silverline is owned by Repco who stock DBA). But it's therefore quiet possible that the rotors Tony is supplying are DBA units.
The good news is that for those hardcore people that were looking at the top of the line Cebco unit which features 2 peice disc rotors, DBA also offer there 4000 and 5000 series in 069, the 5000 which is two peice rotors.

So, now the only real difference between the Cebco kits and this is that Cebco have the AP Racing 4 piston calipers, probably means more expensive and harder to find brake pads than the VE Commodore calipers used by Tony.
I did contact PWR who import Alcon Mono4 and Mono6 calipers, and have some straight bolt in replacement caliper setups, but for the VE they only offer a full kit consting of larger rotor, etc..

Anyways, for those interested there on eBay (username of Mr-Spares), or Tony's nunber is 03 9723 9924 or e-mail address is mr_spares@optusnet.com.au .

Personally, I'm still undecided at this point. I know the top of the range Cebco kit is a great deal more expensive (at $4,500.00), but I know if I don't purchase it I'll always wonder...

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: slammed EL

Power: 120 rwkw

SA, Australia

problem is your talking about changing the front only???
if thats what your saying then you would be running b-series offset up front and still e-series rear offset.
if this is the case the you will need to run spacers on the rear still.
there are plenty of nice rims being made for the e-series now, and most of the factory b-series wheels can be purchased as a copy in e-series offset.

Ford Motor Company
FoMoCo

Holden Motor Company
HoMoCo

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

i know what you mean about the confusion in offset.

His listing states 20mm offset over the standard offset, so does that mean 20mm + 6mm = 26mm offset? Even if it was 20mm offset total, then thats inbetween pre-au and post-au offset.

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

did you happen to get a price on discs and pads? what bearings do they run? off the shelf item from repco? and are they ve calipers? im just thinking ahead when something packs up and if needs to be replaced, if these guys have shut down operation then it will be very hard to get parts for them... id be very keen as long as after sale support is good :)

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Freak6 wrote:
problem is your talking about changing the front only???
if thats what your saying then you would be running b-series offset up front and still e-series rear offset.
if this is the case the you will need to run spacers on the rear still.
there are plenty of nice rims being made for the e-series now, and most of the factory b-series wheels can be purchased as a copy in e-series offset.

I currently run hub adapters front and back, so continuing to run hub adapters at the rear is not an issue.
Besides, I could always chang the rims on my rear Simmons to adjust the offset for the rear if need be.

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

efgiar wrote:
did you happen to get a price on discs and pads? what bearings do they run? off the shelf item from repco? and are they ve calipers? im just thinking ahead when something packs up and if needs to be replaced, if these guys have shut down operation then it will be very hard to get parts for them... id be very keen as long as after sale support is good :)

Yes, they're VE Callipers, so pads and caliper rebuild kits should be easy enough to source.
As I've said above the rotors are avaliable from the large manufacturers which most auto stores keep.
Ball joints are still the standard ones.
I forgot to ask him about the bearings. I imagined taht tehy would still be the standard Falcon ones as they're sitting on the same spindles.
So really, you don't need any after sale support from him, as could be sourced elsewhere.

Posted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:12 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

He does AU/BA offset by making the hub larger and spacing the caliper bracket out to suit.
Quick MSPaint to better show what I mean.

I don't know this for fact BTW, but its a pretty educated guess, and it matches up with what he is saying.
Also, they are 20mm, I don't know how it would go being spaced out an extra 25mm...

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont Sedan

Power: 180 rwkw

VIC, Australia

A fair few guys on AFF have bought this kit off eBay

Most going for the 28mm offest option rather than the 20mm option - XH5LWEPN bought this kit but had some issues and sent it back and purchased the Race Brakes Kit

XH5LWEPN's problems made UPC - MR-Spares relook at the kit and now its issue have been fixed :) for the 28mm Kit

Now Considering RaceBrakes Kit is $2,000 and you can prob pick up a UPC - MR-Spares Kit for around $1,000 alot of Ford Guys are going the cheaper option - online Buy it Now Price is $1,595

Why the 28mm Kit - well copy wheels come out on +0 to +6 offest so therefore if you buy the 28mm Kit and put +35mm (AU + Wheels) thats +7mm then your track is only out 1mm :)

Here are some pics og the kit off AFF :)

PROEF 13.46 @ 105.78mph - 1994 Ford Fairmont EF NA 6cyl Man 3.9 diff Sedan
Stock Fuel Pump, 29lb Injectors, JMM Street Series Headers, 2.5" Exhaust, 205rwkw

Post subject: Re: UPC/Mr-Spares E-Series Big Brake Upgrade on eBay
Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF daily, xc project

NSW, Australia

so if these are ve calipers then could i fit hsv brakes?

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Posted: Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:38 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Might want to swap the rotors to the correct side as per pics!

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Posted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: Blue and White Mercedes

NSW, Australia

bradley4567 wrote:
so if these are ve calipers then could i fit hsv brakes?

why not buy the kit and try it out, instead of an epic thread bump :P

Remember kids, the more pages of crap in your build thread, the bigger your e-penis is

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]