nizpro plenum 

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Post subject: nizpro plenum
Posted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 12:12 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL XR6

Power: 141 rwkw

NSW, Australia

hey guys i have an EL xr6 which i am considering doing a turbo conversion on it. i know theres been some indecision on which is the best inlet plenum to use, ED or EF/EL BBM but i was thinking would the nizpro cobra plenum fit onto the BBM on the EF/EL's? if so this would be an excellent solution to the problem?? any help?

http://www.nizpro.com.au/cobrakit/stageII.html
this is the link to the kit, you can see the plenum in hte pics at the bottom of the page.

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 1:34 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Power: 482 rwkw

NSW, Australia

What other mods have been done ? What power are you expecting to make? What fuel delivery and injector size ? What ecu ???
Before inlet.. The std E.B can make a wheel spinning 280+ rwkw ....

As in ZOOM 126 edition
331 Dart block,3.25/ 4340 steel crank, Oliver rods,TFS ported track heat heads, TFS track heat inlet Twin SC61 turbo's
Project 1UZ-EF has started.. S475 Turbo 4.0 V8 Mustang Celica.....

Posted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:37 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL XR6

Power: 141 rwkw

NSW, Australia

mate i got no idea. im just throwing up an idea as to whether itd fit/work well or not cos of all the discussion bout goin BBM or ED etc etc. it would be an easy solution for an excellent flowing plenum.

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Skyline

QLD, Australia

My mate and will be in a similar boat soon when we have to decide what manifold to use....

Correct me if I'm wrong (because I probably am) but I thought the BA kept the old variable length inlet manifold from the EF-AU. Now if that is the case, it restricts power a lot becuase nizpro have been getting massive power gains by just replacing the manifold. If there are huge gains to be had simply by replacing it, the stock one must be pretty ordinary. They are getting somthing lover 275KW out of the BA 6 non turbo now, needless to say the manifold has to go to get this power. The manifold alone gets you 20-25 rwkw increase on a BA. It actually looks a bit like an ED manifold with big plenum! Well its just the bottom of the normal manifold with a plenum on top! Probably has trumpets inside, does anyone know more? I'm thinking its probably not hard to replicate.

R31 Skyline
2JZ GTE, stock engine, turbos, auto, and ECU.
12.5 @ 115mph
100% Owner built

Posted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:44 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

WA, Australia

I belive you can buy the nizpro intake manifold for $700.

one of the major reasons it produces more power is the intercooler piping comes straight out of the intercooler into the end of the plenum, as opposed to going all the way around the engine and into the middle of the plenum.
In my opinion broadband maniflolds seem to be a little pointless on turbo engines, especially when you have VCT, I would have thaught the engine could produce enough torque with out the dual length intake runners.

They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes!

Posted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF

VIC, Australia

I called Nizpro and they want close to $1000 for the top part of the Plenum, then you will need a throttle body to match. Also the BA turbo don’t have the dual runners, I was told that I'd need to remove my butterfly’s (EF) and do some modification to the bottom half of my manifold to make it work.. Sounds a bit expensive for a rectangle top for my existing manifold.

Posted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:19 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Cortina

QLD, Australia

I called them to enquire about the manifold when it first came out. They wanted $1500 raw. It still needed painting or polishing after that. This was a few years ago now so they may have dropped their price due to selling reaonable volumes of them.

The bottom section of the dual runner style manifold is pretty well designed. The runners taper right out to a huge blended bellmouth style opening into the plenum. That Nizpro top plenum should work quite well as there was supposedly a lot of design and testing went into getting the distibutione etc right and to prove it they used it on their 1000 hp BA engine.

The length of the runner is not ideal for all out power applications but it is good for low and midrange torque.

Posted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

Yeah they want $1562 just for the upper inlet cover. That's it.

JETXR had a custom made manifold for a while but in the Street Machine mag. it looks he's gone for one of these manifolds. I assume that means it's better lol.

It seems like a pretty good quality item though, but I don't think that justifies the price.

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 8 posts ]