More makes in V8 Supercars 

Page 2 of 2 [ 21 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:00 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

i dont know... bit undecide'd wether i would like the idea of a 3rd make in v8 supercars.. that means toyota would have to have a production v8 sedan on the market right?

i do like the idea of a "production car race".. perhaps intstaec of making the big boys drive them... -use the production car race's as a stepping stone into the big time v8 supercars.. ???

Posted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 2:50 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

why does this always come up for?

maybe in the future a 3rd company will be allowed in but not too sure

there will not be a "production" car based series ever again in aus the demand is just not there with all the other catorgories in aus,
plus as other ppl have said
way tooo slow

if u want to see production cars watch the V8 brutes
or start dl the races fom over seas

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 12:57 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EF Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Disco Frank wrote:
why does this always come up for?

maybe in the future a 3rd company will be allowed in but not too sure

there will not be a "production" car based series ever again in aus the demand is just not there with all the other catorgories in aus,
plus as other ppl have said
way tooo slow

if u want to see production cars watch the V8 brutes
or start dl the races fom over seas

I think the whole appeal of having a production car series would be to watch how relatively unmodified cars made in this country that we can own or one day own hold their own on the track.... To see an f6 or gt flog a few hsv's and know you have one sitting in the garage would make it all the more fun. Like was mentioned previously it would encourage brand loyalty and would really encourage the car makers to build something that goes.

Watching usa races is ok but it's not the sam as watching a local car race.

"You only need 2 tools, WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesnt move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and it shouldnt, use the duct tape!"

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:47 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: AUXR6 HP With Ducati SupA Bike!

WA, Australia

i see your point but i t wont happen

not with the AUS government and the howle road saftey and speeding agenda that is going on

ford and holden will not make cars for these races
remember the supercar war..?

sure teh W427 is basically a road going V8 super car but still

RIP SCOTT

Posted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef xr8

Power: 229 rwkw

WA, Australia

castlegreyskull wrote:
MRE-50L wrote:
on a personal note with V8Supercars i would rather see a few of these running around instead of a toyota or magna

That looks sweet dave. you got anymore pics of that? i would love to see these running around in the supercars.

Nice, good to see they make a New Superbee.

All honesty, motor racing in almost all forms are becoming the same/similar. From Nascar to the Champ Car, they are all striving to have everything as equal as possible, compared to the WRC where every few years a Brand dominates for a few seasons, first it was toyota, then subaru, then peugeot, then citroen, etc because of the technologies they found to keep the car ahead of the rest.

Group A/C racing will only result in an heap of imported makes dominating then half of the knuckle dragging V8's or nothing will stop watching those events, then it wont survive.

Just look at Nations Cup, a couple of lambo's, a ferrari, a Dodge Viper, porsches, evo's, Wrx's and yet no one turned up to watch em.

Even the British Touring Car championship is like it now too.

Because of Beer, Thirst is a Beautiful Thing!

'95 EF XR8 auto, Advance headers, 3" exhaust, Cobra manifold, BBK 75mm throttle body , 80MM Marauder MAF, Vortech V2 T Trim , 307 rwhp, 405 ft/lb 13.2 @ 105 MPH

Now N/A (permanent Lag) - AFR 165's, Comp XE270 cam, 1.6 RR - 269 rwhp 14.1 @ 102mph.

Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 2:47 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: XC Falcon 500 Sedan: White, 4.1,

QLD, Australia

Quote:
ford and holden will not make cars for these races
remember the supercar war..?

I remember the super car scare, bloody Labor Government.

What we call super cars now will not be so in the future. A stock BA/BF XT has more power than the Valiant Charger R/T E38 (which came third at Bathurst and could have won if it wasn’t for Chrysler's poor fuel strategy.

The pole sitter for the 1992 Bathurst production car support race-an 6 cyl EB Falcon SS (yes an SS, very limited production) was some 6+ seconds quicker than Allan Moffat's 1972 pole time in the big beast Phase 3 GTHO. Oh, and that was with Caltex Chase which did not exist in 72: Conrod was dead straight to the last corner leading onto the pit straight.

Both manufactures are making super cars now but they are smart enough not to call then such. If they did it right they could possibly get away with it and put on a good show. In fact we could have two manufactures but with four cars competing, the Falcon GT, the Typhoon, and the Holden (whatever their equivalent is called). It would make good racing especially if they had big tyres and little wings so they relied on mechanical grip more than aerodynamic grip. This way they could sit up each other’s rear and not complain about the effect on their front wing and saying the bad air makes it difficult to pull out and pass.

MAW

Remember "It dosn't matter how fast it goes, if it's under 3 litres it's a chicks car".

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2