Fordmods Logo

BA front seats 

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Post subject: BA front seats
Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ba wagon

VIC, Australia

Hi, Has anyone out there in ford land managed to put the 3 seat BA ute middle seat, ICC lower surround, column change and the seat mounted park brake in to a BA wagon (or sedan). Looking foward to some intresting replies to this as I might need to make my wagon into a 6 seater. cheers Michael

Posted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

WA, Australia

it should all be a direct fit. as far as i know from the front half of the car onwards they are all the same

Post subject: Re: BA front seats
Posted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:10 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF MKIII XR inspired wagon

QLD, Australia

foxtrot3 wrote:
Hi, Has anyone out there in ford land managed to put the 3 seat BA ute middle seat, ICC lower surround, column change and the seat mounted park brake in to a BA wagon (or sedan). Looking foward to some intresting replies to this as I might need to make my wagon into a 6 seater. cheers Michael

Hey mate, I've done the exact opposite to you in my old BA XL ute....it was a column change auto etc. etc. and I converted the whole lot over to an XR interior with floor change auto and handbrake swapover. From memory, you'll obviously need the column shift auto steering column (from firewall to steering wheel as the column shift model weren't adjustable for rake/reach) and the shifter cable, the complete 3 seat setup including drivers side handbrake and cable, the ICC lower panel and something to cover the holes in the carpet where the floor shifter/console used to be, and you'll have to have a centre lap belt for the middle seat as the ute had a retractable lap/sash item that was attached to the rear ute wall on a welded bracket. I don't know how you'll go as far as having it legally passed and plated to show it as a 6 seater with the centre lap only belt though...better get that sorted out before you buy anything. When I did my conversion, I used all factory parts and shortened carpet from a sedan, then took it to a local workshop that does seat conversions etc. in new panel vans to get them to issue the modification plate to change it from a 3 seater to a 2 seater. Everything fitted in so neatly that they couldn't tell that it was originally a 3 seater (apart from the compliance sticker of course)
Good luck with your conversion mate...if you need any more info, just shoot me a PM...cheers Linz.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 3 posts ]