Demerit points and BAC 

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Post subject: Demerit points and BAC
Posted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:43 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EBII

VIC, Australia

G'day all.

As far as I'm aware, there is zero tolerance with BAC with P plate drivers and that they only have 5 demerit points for every 12 month period.
I have a friend who was caught with 3 unroadworthy tyres, doing 85 km/h in a 60 zone and a BAC of 0.037. He was also on his Ps.
He copped $270 for drink driving, $210 for speeding and $180 for having an unroadworthy car. He doesn't require a RWC but he does need to replace 3 tyres according to the yellow cannary sticker and his notice.
He also copped 3 demerit points for speeding and 10 demerit points for the drink driving. That's 13 points. And he got to drive home (potentially still under the influence) and told he just needs to pay the fines and get his tyres replaced within a week! Wow, I thought. That's pretty lenient. Didn't know P platers had 15 demerit points to play with :s
Now as far as I know, as soon as you are caught with any alcohol reading on your Ps, you lose your license. Also, if you do over 20 km/h over the speed limit, you lose your license.

Anyone had a similar experience or can comment further on this?

Brand New Distributor: $50 + other stuffs
forums/viewtopic.php?t=73696&highlight=ebii
... "And the mountains shall drop sweet wine and the hills shall melt"...

Posted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: DC LTD V8

VIC, Australia

It's not 20km/h it's over 35km/h, and you don't get your license taken on the spot you keep for a month and then lose it.

and as for the BAC i'm pretty sure you lose you're license in a month for that as well, I don't understand why they let him drive, cops would get into a s**t of trouble for that he should take them to court

DC LTD V8 pure style

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 2 posts ]