Post subject: FPR headed for a Bright 2005
Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:20 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Falcon roo killer

VIC, Australia

FPR headed for a Bright 2005
Release Date: 11/01/2005
Ford Performance Racing (FPR) confirms that former Holden V8 Supercar Series driver Jason Bright has signed with the Prodrive owned Australian V8 team to lead their V8 Supercar Championship challenge in 2005.

This highly anticipated and widely speculated driver move resembles a home-coming for the 1998 Bathurst 1000 Champion, as Bright returns to head Ford's major V8 Supercar team after making his blue oval V8 Supercar Championship debut seven years ago.

A title contender throughout his V8 Supercar career, 31 year old Bright raced to third in the 2004 V8 Supercar Championship after having led the title fight until the closing stages of the highly competitive season. The new CAT FPR Falcon driver boasts a remarkable 141 top ten finishes from his 192 V8 Supercar starts to date, including 65 podium places.

According to FPR Managing Director David Flint, "The team is looking forward to working with Jason Bright - a driver who we all know is an outstanding talent. I am confident that combined with Greg Ritter, we have as strong a driving combination that we could have hoped for in 2005, taking FPR another step towards winning the Championship."

For Bright, the time was right to return to the Ford ranks with FPR in 2005, "FPR displayed the tip of the iceberg of their potential towards the end of last season - and we are all looking forward to the future ahead of us. In the past I found myself in the situation where the right opportunities were not available with Ford, but since then, the company has definitely raised their commitment to V8 Supercars and this has paid dividends. I am very excited to be
returning to the blue oval ranks with a team as professional as FPR."

FPR continues its extensive build program during the season break, with one new FPR BA Falcon chassis for Bright on track for a Grand Prix debut, while the second new 2005 FPR Falcon chassis for team mate Greg Ritter will be ready for Adelaide's opening round of the Championship in mid-March.

FPR Chief Engineer John Russell is looking forward to the new season featuring two new drivers, two new cars and a good deal of unfinished Championship business. "A scroll through Jason's racing biography shows that he has never been far from the top step in whatever he has contested. The last two seasons have seen Jason as a serious Championship contender in competitive but not leading equipment. FPR looks forward to the exciting partnership of Jason and the 2005 CAT FPR Falcon and the potential that this combination holds," he said.

Technical Advisor AA GASKETS

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

This has been known for a while, but not made public untill the last day or so.

I think its good news, Bright is a good driver, and he can drive a Ford well (Bathurst 98 in the Pirtek Falcon). I will be interesting to see if FPR can continue the strength they showed towards the end of last year, and keep the reliability up.

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Gli Ghia, XP Fairmont

WA, Australia

meh, i'm not convinced on his ability, he seems to go somewhere with a big puff of wind and then leave 1 or 2 seasons after and say the same thing about his next team... hopefully he will proove me wrong!!

Owning 1 of 67612 EF GLi Sedans made
FACT: "Chuck Norris owns the greatest Poker Face of all-time. It helped him win the 1983 World Series of Poker despite him holding just a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno."

Posted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 8:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

i thought he wanted to start his own team, but maybe he will leave at the end of 2005, or even 2006?

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 3:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: F6 Typhoon, BF XR6 Turbo

WA, Australia

Yer Bright is not a bad driver and he should help Ford to accomplish another winning year.

Assumptions are the mother of all F**K UPS!

Simone

Posted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL Futura

SA, Australia

Actually I thought he was starting his own team too.. Britek

www.britek.com.au

Whois Result for britek.com.au
Registrant

Name
Britek Motorsport pty ltd
ID
ACN 110599678
Handle
C2161956-AR
Person
Jason Bright

hrm... Starting his own team but racing for another outfit? That would be different

5 Speed EL Futura
Stock as a rock*
A1 Oils - Synthetic lubricants: www.a1oils.com.au
* A rock that has been Alted

Posted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Who cares, the big ears ugly bastard jumped ship and I couldnt care less if he didnt come back, but with those wings on the side of his head, he should be able to fly!

Dumbo=Bright

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 8:33 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 7 images

Ride: Ford FPV FG F6 310

Power: 149 rwkw

QLD, Australia

hahaha mate that is tops, yeah he's got bug ears but.
his current mrs is hot though.

NEW RIDE - FPV FG F6 6spd Auto. 12.26@114MPH, 1.88 60FT on Cheapy Tyres with 38PSI - Stock except K&N filter!

R.I.P. BF XR6 Turbo - You will not be forgotten :( 12.06@120MPH

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:17 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef xr8

WA, Australia

yeah hopefully he'll do alright,only thing i give him is he was the last guy to win bathurst for the blue oval.
but i seriously don't think he or any other will be able to get anywhere near stone bros racing.
should be interesting to see how bright goe's while running his own team as well.

plenty of ideas,not enough $

Posted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 7:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Just rmember that he has the guy that gave us our most recent win at the mountain and that was 7 years ago.

Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:26 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: ef xr8

WA, Australia

thats too true about him being the most recent guy to win bathurst for the blue oval so even if he doesn't do alright in championship i'd love for him to win bathurst.
also remember the car he's driving has finished 2nd the last 2 bathurst's so with any luck it will be one more position ahead this year.

plenty of ideas,not enough $

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 11 posts ]