Fordmods Logo

89 NA Hooptymobile 

Page 1 of 1 [ 1 post ] 

Post subject: 89 NA Hooptymobile
Posted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:42 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: Fairlane NA

VIC, Australia

So here is the beast. Picked it up for $1200 and boy did I get in over my head.....

In one day my partner, sister and myself ripped out the entire interior and cleaned absolutely everything with warm soapy water and then finshed with a thick coat of armorall. Looks like I just drove it off a used car showroom. Made the interior look so much better

Unfortunatly there is not a straight panel left on the body. So over the past two days much sanding, filling, priming and painting has been done. It's not perfect but until I get around for a re-spray it will work perfectly.

Tape deck is out and and an old CD player I had lating around has been thrown in. Dash mat, floor mats and seat covers are coming in the next couple of days. That should finish off the interior until I get around to pulling out the headliner and recarpet it which also allow me to knock out the last couple of dents in the roof...hail damage.

Engine is in great shape and so is the trans. I do need to do some suspension work burt I wanted to lower it anyway...Ford never made landcruisers and I certainly don't want the first....

As for engine mods, well, I really don't plan any. I mean lets face it, it's big rolling tank and it will never be fast...so why attempt to?

Here is a few photos for you folks!

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 1 post ]