Fordmods Logo

SVD's Fairmont Ghia 

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: SVD's Fairmont Ghia
Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:40 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Well now that ive been on a Fordmods event i thought i may as well post up some pics of the car (now that its actually clean :roll: ) Its my first road car but the second car I've bought, my parents had it from about 2 years old and before them it was a company car owned by one of my old mans mates, she is a 1996 EF Fairmont Ghia in Bordeaux and has done just under 335k km's

Shes done alot of Km's but not that many since my family owned it as it did over 200k Km's in its first two years! (all done on freeways it constantly went cross state lines) the motor is tight and so is the gearbox its been very fortunate and hasn't suffered any major issues unless you count a fuel pump a welsh plug and a harmonic balancer :lol:

It came from the factory optioned with all the tickford goodies and had almost every option box ticked apart from sunroof :cry: and gas.

All the suspension is worn out and will be promptly replaced when funds permit. She was recently treated to some EL GT replicas to get rid of the average stock wheels, more so because i had awesome 17" tyres and the 15's on it although almost new, where crap and dangerous in the wet!

Sound wise everything is stock for now apart from the Infinity 8" sub in a sealed box being run off the factory amp ive got focal polyglass 165 V1 splits for the front and still undecided for the rears the head unit will be replaced with an old Comp spec Clarion that requires all external amps.

Anywho here are some pictures i took today after a bath, the big black spot on the front bar is from where my brother decided he should reverse into it :x it will be replaced if i can find a suitable second hand one in good condition and there is soon to be an EL Fairmont Rear garnish too

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by SVD115 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:42 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

more pics

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Last edited by SVD115 on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

Looks good mate but you really need to resize the pics!

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:46 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: G6ET

NSW, Australia

Bet ya ARM79 and DCStraight just creamed....

on to one an other......

Post subject: Re: SVD's Fairmont Ghia
Posted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:08 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

So, what do you guys reckon? im liking the White GT's something different at least.

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

VIC, Australia

SVD115 wrote:
So, what do you guys reckon? im liking the White GT's something different at least.

looks awsum , but with NL cornering lights would look even better, but i like the white el gt's

Posted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

very straight!,, cornering lights to be added FTW!... i like the el gt's on her...

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: FG Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ900R

VIC, Australia

Cornering lights +1 and also either an EL Monty Or NL LTD grille

The Past: EF Fairmont, EL Fairmont 5.0, HR Special, NF Fairlane 5.0, GSX 250-F, BA II XR8, VS3 Ute, VS2 L67 Calais

The Present: FG Egas Ute, ED XR8 Sprint, GPZ 900R

Posted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:00 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Im in two minds for the cornering lights, ill get some try em out and see how they go then ill decide whether or not to keep them, as for a different grille, i like the EF one too much to loose it :oops: i have been considering what to do with the front and considered maybe a FBT look alike grille but ive also just considered redoing the factory one in fresh black and maybe having the ford emblem removed professionally so it looks factory...

as for straight... yeh the pictures really flatter the car, the front bumper on the left hand side is really horrible my brother reversed into it and moved it completely out of line and broke two of the mounts, once one in the same color comes up in good condition im gonna change it over, and most of the left side paint is heavily scratched, but its given me an excuse to save up for a respray either in the original color or im considering a black with a white flake through it as something different.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 9 posts ]