Fordmods Logo

bry's swb patrol. 

Page 7 of 8 [ 116 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: bry's swb patrol. heavily mod or leave?
Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

was having a little bit of a go at getting the motor up and running today for a couple hours, looks like im missing some vac lines and the fuel lines are so damn old i just binned em and am going to replace tomorrow, looks like ill have to actually reach into my pocket for this old bomb :mrgreen:
or maybe i can trick someone into buying 1 of my 3 spare power steer pumps :lol:

im having a weird problem where the motor is from a maverick and the carby is stamped nissan, and for some reason the wiring that goes to the idle thingy in the back and the auto choke (which is disabled) is 4 pin on carby side and a 2 pin on the other, or vise versa, so im thinking theres different model carbys or something?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:43 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

bry40l wrote:
im having a weird problem where the motor is from a maverick and the carby is stamped nissan, ?

i seem ta rememba the maverick is a nissan [hope i gots the right one!] just rebadged as a ford :roll:

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Mad2 wrote:
bry40l wrote:
im having a weird problem where the motor is from a maverick and the carby is stamped nissan, ?

i seem ta rememba the maverick is a nissan [hope i gots the right one!] just rebadged as a ford :roll:

Yeah just rebadged. But I dont know if there were wiring differences with the carby

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

The Nikki carb on them should be common through all the models.
Was yours auto or manual before it was stripped out? That's the only difference I can think of.

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:44 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Matt_jew wrote:
The Nikki carb on them should be common through all the models.
Was yours auto or manual before it was stripped out? That's the only difference I can think of.

It has a clutch but couldve been converted

BF XR6

Post subject: Re: bry's swb patrol.
Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

little progress was made today, i fitted the fuel tank and bought some fancy blue silicone vac line from oober cheep, tarted up the engine bay with that because i was missing some vac lines and the old stuff was looking a bit sad anyway.
replaced all my fuel lines to the carby with new stuff and some new hose clamps, i used the type that tighten with a screw driver rather than the kind you take off with the plyers because i think they offer a better seal.

but now im stuck with no rear fuel line as one is smaller than the carby stuff, and one is bigger, and im also missing the part that goes between the tank and the fuel filler door, unsure if it needs to be a longer one for the body lift and wether or not i can just go to supercheap and buy one or is it a special order item?

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

oh and i also scored a 2.5 inch sports exhaust off our spare shorty, my mate cant be bothered fitting it to his car so i just need to fit a new muffler :D

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bought me a set of road tyres today, just the standard 16/7 gq rims with 5 90% tread road tyres,$150
located 20 minutes from me, they will get me rego and give me something to drive on when im not in the bush, im hoping they are all terrains so i can still go out and have a little bit of fun before i buy muddies but for $150 highway tyres its still a good deal

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Got some more done today like fuel lines and oil change brake lines gear sticks etc..
Fitted my tyres. Turns out they are 31.7×9 all terrain. All 5 of them are around 70%, not bad for $150

BF XR6

Posted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Fitted all my belts up today and started fitting the radiator until the weather went to garbage. Had to buy a new clutch slave as it was broken. Got all the vac lines sorted, me thinks tomorrow we turn the key!

BF XR6

Posted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

we have brakes, electricity, engine starts, but! the fuel pumps dead so it only runs wit fuel dribbled down its neck, tomorrow if this sus weather goes away im fitting the clutch slave, rear drive shaft and either an electric low pressure in line pump or my mates spare mechanical pump which was taken off an engine of his recently after the pump was purchased, then hopefully we can stick it in gear and go for a test run, tax is back so money for rego is waiting :D

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 5.0 AU's and 5.0 Maverick

Power: 139 rwkw

NSW, Australia

So did you get anything done?

xr6turnip wrote:
More people paid for a ride in a VT commodore then an AU Falcon so the VT is superior.
Based on that fact my Mum is the best around!

Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Matt_jew wrote:
So did you get anything done?

i fitted a brand new mechanical fuel pump which i can now hear pumping, but still no fuel from the tank, i can blow air back down the line, and i bled the line from the tank to the fuel filter, but i found a crack in the filter and thought i had another laying around and its been misplaced or stolen with other bits i used to have.
so thats when i got the s**t and chucked a little girly tantrum and went home, ready to set it on fire and roll it down into the naughty corner of the yard,

BF XR6

Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

theres a guy selling a 2 door with a rusted out top, almost all windows are smashed and its completly standard for 1200, if he can get 1200 for his bucket of s**t then mines gotta be worth 1500 not going LOL
found a sweet 4 door for $3800 today, 6 inch lift,35s bull bar etc... mmm tax return came in yesterday too!!

BF XR6

Post subject: Re: bry's swb patrol.its alive!
Posted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 8  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next