Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 5 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 76  Next

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's el 5 speed, engines back in.no spark...
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

so far ive found one of them funny lollys that look like a soldier or somthing and the insides been partially eatin out by an ant, and i found a perfectly wrapped minty wrapper, with a hole in the corner and the mintys dissapearred from the inside hahaaha,ants crack me up. also found only 60c under the seats but no goldies :( worst car ever haha

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

seats are in and fairmont is rollin gli spec' seats, will upload pictures later or tomorrowwhen mum gets home with her iphone, the grey seats look much better in the el than they did in the white ef for some reason, now i want leather seats, but the wreckers probably want my right nut for them. :|

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

thats a good thing about owning a gli,just chuck watevers better in, but with an xr id prefer leaving it standard aswell, its still a toss up between leather seats or xr , dono which one id prefer out of that. mite fit up some ba leather front xr seats one day if i found a cheap enough set i really like them

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

ImageImage the most powerfull form of transport known to man, 5 speed human!

BF XR6

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's el 5 speed,
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:01 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 1991 Ford Fairmont Ghia

New Zealand

5 speed human, now that was a good lol

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

he runs on beer and rum, fuken expensive :lol:

BF XR6

Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

he actually got stuck in there cause hes really tall, and i had to help him out hahah i left him there for a while

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

just sold my fairmont seats then got a coil and a tfi off the same bloke he just happend to have them sitting in the car so fingers crossed these parts are good and ill be driving the el soon

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

New Zealand

hey bry40l, any ideas on removing the top 4 bolts holding the auto on with the engine still in? such a b****

Build Thread - More of a mismatch of parts :P the-garage-f53/seftons-ea-t106586.html

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

lol i had no problems at all with this, i think i just used a socket and one of them swivel sockets or whatever you wanna call it,and an extension or 2
Attachment:
275_2.png
are you doing it with the back of the gearbox tilted or still bolted up in place?because i think i did it with the motor tilted back with the back of the gearbox sitting rite down? or maybe try it with one of them swivel things with the engine sitting in there properly but i didnt have any difficulty doing them up tight lol, starter motor was a little difficult but i worked that out, if you were just round the corner id help but seems your not in our country haha

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

we have spark again! thanks to who ever that was who sold me those bits and bought my seats lol i forget who it was now, the old tfi module fell apart in my hand when i undid the screws, so i put the other one on and its all good, now i just have to wait for the white paint to dry that i put on the balancer and ill check the timing before i start it and make sure its close or spot on to where it needs to be

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:58 pm 
Stock as a Rock

New Zealand

got it out man had to let the thing tilt right back! reassuring words from benj, good to hear you got spark

Posted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

well the el runs! its not in diagnostic mode yet but dizzys still out one tooth, but im happy its running,its purring like a kitten, might play around with it a little more while i still have light! still havent fitted the drive shaft or adjusted the clutch, i just wanna hear it run, everything seem good and no other problems FINGERS CROSSED! :D drive it tomorrow possibly, just a quick run up the street and back,then we just need rego next week as im busy working the rest of this week to pay for the damn rego

BF XR6

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's el 5 speed,up and running like a gem!
Posted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

just went round the block, you know one of them private roads :wink: and every thing seems good apart from it revs when i plug the idle control motor in it seems to rev to 3000rpm and stay there, so that stupid things unplugged, and theres a winding noise,either coming from the power steering pump or in the head maybe from the cam? the power steering pump hasent been used for 3 years and nor has the motor been running so im not sure whats going on there but other than that the gearbox is good i just had to adjust the clutch and the brakes work good, i have an oil pressure light on but when the motor was in my old fairmont it seemed to make the gauge read full oil pressure constantly so i think its the pressure switch because the car isnt tapping or seized up yet haha,

BF XR6

Post subject: Re: BRY40L's el 5 speed,up and running like a gem!
Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:10 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

today ill be putting the car back together and fitting a few other things it needs for rego, so far i need the alternator, 1 park light globe, driver side mirror( need to paint it black) and tyres,,i need to fit the windscreen wipers and that plastic grill thing under the window and the bonnet/airbox etc then it should be all good, i think the alternator is the coulpret of the supercharger sound because i know your not ment to put degreaser on them but when it was on my old fairmont i did because it was full of p steering fluid and it had to go for rego,i have a feeling maybe the bearings in it are making the horrible noise also it wont charge unless i rev the engine over 1200 so it needs throwing out

also the man i bought the car off has a few 3.45 lsds so once i get rego i have a feeling thats what ill be saving for :D the 3.08 single spinner is very ordinary to drive with manual and since ill be probably taking the car to a few drag events with my mates supercharged xr8 i spose i need a bit more grip before i get any more power

will upload pictures when im done 8-)

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 76  Next