When they arrive and i install they sure will! ^_^

CHadaboX

Post subject: Re: Chads EL
Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Coming along nicely Chad, exterior and interior looks awesome!!! Gotta love black, it is sexy :mrgreen:

Regarding the Jim Mock gear, personally i wouldnt go with it, especially not the Dev5 after hearing all the horror stories with snapping chain guides and timing chain rattle etc. A few guys on here have the dev5 kit and are making good power but have similar complaints regarding the timing chain rattle and snapping guides. Im not top sure about the Dev5 running with the auto either since the cam in that package is quite big, unless of course you plan on going manual or hi stalling the auto.. There are other things you could get done like shorter diff gears and a nice cam that will give the EL a bit of a wake up in the "go" department for a decent price, all depends on the condition of the current engine, driveline etc though. You dont want to be putting money into something thats already on its way out.

About the steering wheel, ever thought about an EF/EL/AU XR black perforated leather steering wheel? They are basically the standard wheel trimmed in leather but i reckon they look good with black interiors :wink:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:48 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: EL

NSW, Australia

CHeers kwik,
Im hearing you about the JMM stuff. I heard some horrors too. And yes, Im thinking of cam etc, but im really not sure wat to do and all. Ive really only just started looking into cars in more specifics and am getting a bit overwhelmed with the amount of things that i 'can' do. Im really unsure of wat to do first and in wat order it would be best to do things. I really want to wake the el up and i also want to do things once. For exmaple i dont want to modify something only to have to upgrade it further later if i can help it. I was thinking of starting with the engine first and the possibility of a recondition or maybe even a whole new type of engine, but im again unsure of what i can and cant do.
I simply have a lot of decisions ahead and i am s**t at decision making.
Do i go the staight 6 and turbo it later, or do i wait till im on my blacks and chuck a v8 in. But then ill have to worry about the wiring and all that which i have NO idea about. haha.
All im trying to do now is things that dont require much knowledge while i read up. ie why ive been modifying the exterior/interior.

CHadaboX

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: BA XR6T

NSW, Australia

Good place to start is to do a full exhaust on her, and get a decent cold air induction happening, that will give her a lil more poke, then if your bottom end is ok you could always toy with putting on say a CMS Stage 2 head and cam package insted of just the cam then have to upgrade the head later, or if you wanted to do a engine swap id look into a low milage AU II onwards ticky motor, that will give her a new life and some decent grunt.

Justy my 2 cents.

Cheers
Josh

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:07 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

Hey all.
Its been awhile since i last posted but there is reason! Uni Exams, Epic holidays, Work, Chirssy, New Years, and Another holiday.. What a busy coupleof months.
Anyways, I am beginning a boot install this week and cant wait to have that done. Ill do a full write up of wat i do. Itll be something different dont u guys/gals worrry :)
Ordered clear indicators but they never came!.. think it was lostin shipping but i will b trying again soon..
Decided i really want to go the v8 path with my car. Only thing is im not sure if thingsneed to be changed. Im thinking of going a crate v8 like a 351 or a 302, or even getting a ba/bf xr8 wreck, but i would much rather go with the crate v8.
As i said not sure what needs to get replaced. Things like gearbox, diff. but not sure what else needs to go, anyone know/have an idea of things i should at least look at :)
Cheers all =)

CHadaboX

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

love the interior nice work

Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:39 pm 
Parts Gopher

NSW, Australia

had a look around at the el xr6 and the fairmont front end. Im going to go the fairmont hood with a ba/bf buldge. Probably full metal. Just not entirely happy with the section in between the lights. :/

CHadaboX

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4