Fordmods Logo

Cobalt 94 ED XR6 manual 

Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: Cobalt 94 ED XR6 manual
Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Nice to see ya got a reasonably good car. As to Bumper bars, they are still available NEW from Ford if you can't find them anywhere else but, they are NOT cheap New. $350.00 rear and $310.00 front.

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

SA, Australia

Papa Smurf wrote:
Nice to see ya got a reasonably good car. As to Bumper bars, they are still available NEW from Ford if you can't find them anywhere else but, they are NOT cheap New. $350.00 rear and $310.00 front.

Is that painted? :)

You can get em off ebayfor $120, I got one from these guys after I broke mine :roll:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-EA-EB-ED-Fa ... .m20.l1116

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Posted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

No 4LEDboy, they are not painted. I just put that there in case he couldn't find a decent one second hand or through someone else. :)

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:42 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Bloody hell brett! WTF are you up to now mate? Not another car to f**k around with lol!

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NF Fairlane

QLD, Australia

SLO247 wrote:
Good to see it arrived safe.

Pulled the horn pad off yet? :P

I have now lol
Just went and pulled off after reading that, more things to fix lmao

Papa Smurf wrote:

Cool i'll keep this option in mind depending postal costs of ebay item

4LEDboy wrote:
You can get em off ebayfor $120, I got one from these guys after I broke mine :roll:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Ford-EA-EB-ED-Fa ... .m20.l1116

Thanks heaps for that, i've sent them msg to see what postal costs are to over here in WA
If too prohibitive then i'll buy a genuine bar, least i know it will fit perfectly then

XR-Lane wrote:
Bloody hell brett! WTF are you up to now mate? Not another car to f**k around with lol!

I swear i'm not buying anymore now, i'm done!!!
Honest....well unless.....hmmmm
LMAO

No seriously i'm scaling down shortly, running out of car spaces plus i need to find somewhere for a Kart :lol:

If you don't do it whilst your livin, you aint got no bloody chance when your dead!!!

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:56 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: BF XR6 Ute

NSW, Australia

nice, another cobalt ed XR6 :D

BF XR6 Ute,ED XR6 Manual (SOLD),XD 4V 351 toploader 9in

Zoom and Extreme magazines Production Editor

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Got couple things done today, fitted the Koya's to car and also fitted clear side repeaters as well

Had to modify the original plug that goes into repeater but nothing a stanley blade couldn't fix :P

Unfortunately i have found some rust, the only rust in whole car (that i have found anyway)
Fair bit actually, down the passenger side sill panel
I may need to get this fixed over next week or two as i need to get car transferred over from SA rego and don't think this will pass :(

Koya's look the part on there though, only 1mm clearance at most to the ball joint on front struts
Absolutely no way you could fit higher profile tyres in there lol
I was expecting more clearance issues with the 265's on rear but these went on with no obstructions, the aftermarket 2.5" exhaust may need to have mounting bracket slightly changed as i think exhaust may hit tyre whilst driving but that's it!!!
Going to roll the guards though to give some more room for when she gets lowered

I thought car was already lowered but turns out it's just the factory black XR springs in there so these will be getting replaced soon with lowered King Springs and KONI red shocks front and rear

I took couple pics with my phone today but need to wait till tonight to get them uploaded onto computer as there too big to email to myself

Post pics up here tonight

If you don't do it whilst your livin, you aint got no bloody chance when your dead!!!

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Nah it's all good

I went and bought a Kinchrome 13/16 deep socket with a Sidchrome breaker bar and extension
Does the job perfectly

Definately buying lock nots for mine to and yes Koya's look the part on our boxcars ey :mrgreen:

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Here's couple pics from today

As you can see it definately needs lowering now :P :lol:

Posted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

SA, Australia

Mmmmmmm ED XR6 yaarrgggaaarrrggggaaggag :mrgreen:

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Just got back from talking with the painter and my cars booked in for December for full respray inside/out in the original Cobalt Blue, that's inside door jams, under boot and bonnets etc etc etc so everything will be covered in nice fresh liquid gold...well blue in this case 8-)
Colour coding all the bump strips and also mirror surrounds, just not sure what colour to do the bump strip moulds yet, maybe leave red or black may be an option

The guards will be getting rolled at this time to make way for the lowering, have quote here from Airborne Suspension for Bilstein front coilovers and rear shocks, King Springs all way around and Whiteline sway bars front and rear
This should get the beast sitting the way i want it and handling like it's on rails
Not getting this done till after paint though as i'd chop the crap outta the 265's on rear at moment if i tried to lower it so going to wait and get everything done properly the first time round

Going to freshin up my soldering skills while i'm waiting for respray though, going to extend all the wiring under bonnet and relocate relay panel and all wiring to underneath the guards outta sight and finally relocate the battery to the boot
Not sure if i'm going to try and smooth out the engine bay or not yet, still deciding, i may send this to someone like Cronic Customs if i decide to go through with it as i don't really have the time or tools neccassary to do it myself

So really by Xmas this car should be looking absolutely mint, i hope, can't wait :mrgreen:

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Decided since i had another night off tonight i'd have a tinker in the shed

I had one of these coolant bottle covers laying around so thought bugger it, i'll fit it up
Quite easy job actually, all you have to do is remove bottle and place cover on and drill throw the mounting points of bottle to make mounting points in the cover (if that makes sense)

Here's pic of the cover i had

Obviously night time when i did it so don't have any pics of it installed yet so will take one tomorrow when i get up and show ya's

Cleans up engine bay nicely

Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

As promised here's the pics of it installed

Excuse the dirty finger print marks, it's still in gelcoat so now needs to be pulled back out and painted

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 94 ED falcon

QLD, Australia

Looks great, wish i could walts out and pick me up a nice ED XR6.

Those side indicators need to be put on the right way, will make a big difference and its only 1 cut of the plastic clip for each side.

Your plans sound great,

Regards.

Posted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Looks nice on those wheels, but I reckon they would look better on my car :P

I'll tell you everything I know.

-The battery isn't that old, came out of my GF's AU XR6 and is way overpowered for an ED.
-We changed the Air filter, as it didn't have one (seriously).
-Fuel filter is also new, I copped a face fuel of fuel doing it.
-We also did the coolant temp sensor and the lower thermostat housing as it was cracked. We were trying to diagnose a starting problem, turns out it had a leaky injector (the front one I think).
-We changed the cluster to get the odo working, the old one read 236K or so, although god knows how long it had been stopped.
-That fairmont wheel went in because it had a standard ED one and was destroyed. I was confused as I thought they were meant to have cruise...

Sorry to hear about the rust, we had only noticed the usual tiny bit in the bootlid frame. Should look mint all painted up!

Coolant tank cover looks nice. I reckon a serpentine and thermofan conversion would make it a bit nicer too.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next