Fordmods Logo

coreys el xr6 turbo 

Page 6 of 165 [ 2468 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 165  Next

Post subject: Re: coreys el xr6 5 speed with 157rwkw HID pics
Posted: Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

1 more lol

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:32 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EF XR6

NSW, Australia

Dude you've got a real nice el :D next time me and a few of the guys are down wollongong way you should come meet up with us for a bit of a cruise :D

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks mate. There's not many nice Eseries down my way, only a few, yeah let me know when you's are down next ,
Do u go to the Wollongong meets much on Thursday nite ?

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:03 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: EF XR6

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
Thanks mate. There's not many nice Eseries down my way, only a few, yeah let me know when you's are down next ,
Do u go to the Wollongong meets much on Thursday nite ?

Nah mate, its about an hour drive for us down to wollongong so its usually just a day cruise for us.
I'm going to organise a cruise down in the near future for a saturday night. It probably won't be for a month or so but when we decide a date I'll pm you :)

Posted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah sweet definatly count me in

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Got this short shifter off eBay for $80 just waiting for it to arrive.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... MEWAX%3AIT

Once it's in I'll put up feedback and let ya's know how it went

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:28 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: LV XR5T

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
Yeah sweet definatly count me in

Sweet car mate! Definitely come on one of our cruises, they're usually pretty entertaining and relaxed. We dont believe in following a plan too seriously :P

You should get a pic of how the HIDs work at night. Maybe a pic from the bonnet to show the spread of light? I didn't read but did you install the HIDs?

Previous -
EL XR8 - Navy, 5.0, coilovers, custom twin 2.25" exhaust
EL Fairmont Ghia - Heritage, V8, Coilovers, leather, elec seat, sunroof, Ticky kit, EL XR front, dual fuel, EL GT's, custom twin exhaust
2011 Fiesta LX

Current -
LV XR5T

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I have a few pics of them on at night, I'll throw them up. The spread really well and light up street signs blue.
I didnt install them, the previous owner did, I didn't realise but the ed ef el xr headlights have a projector in the headlamp from factory which helps spread the HID light, so if u were to put HIDs in say a ef gli headlight it wouldn't spread the light too well cos there is no projector. I was surprised that they had a projector cos not many cars around it's time would have it now where as mostly every car has a projector in the headlamp but most just have standard headlight globes

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:11 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Ahh cool, chuck those pics up if you can! I'm looking into doing it to my XR8, it would be good to see how well they work with a halogen projector base

Previous -
EL Fairmont Ghia - Heritage, V8, Coilovers, leather, elec seat, sunroof, Ticky kit, EL XR front, dual fuel, EL GT's, custom twin exhaust
2011 Fiesta LX

Current -
LV XR5T

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

There are Phillips HID kits on eBay or autobarn, fair easy so install, all you do is use the positive plug that goes into your old H1 globe. Then connect up a earth , connect up the ballast. That's a simple procedure but there is a bit more involved than that.

I have 6000k HID globes, which are white with a tinge of blue
8000k are blue 12000 are purple.

They are much better than your standard globes obviously.
You could get the h1 6000k globes which are a imitation HID. they will look similar to a HID but no where near as bright

I'm not at home ATM but when I am I'll put the pics up that I have

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

pics of my HIDs and crusin,

my iphone takes s**t pics. but if i had a good camera you would see how far the beam goes for

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

xmas eve 2010 cruise to gong lighthouse

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:04 pm 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
There are Phillips HID kits on eBay or autobarn, fair easy so install, all you do is use the positive plug that goes into your old H1 globe. Then connect up a earth , connect up the ballast. That's a simple procedure but there is a bit more involved than that.

I have 6000k HID globes, which are white with a tinge of blue
8000k are blue 12000 are purple.

They are much better than your standard globes obviously.
You could get the h1 6000k globes which are a imitation HID. they will look similar to a HID but no where near as bright

I'm not at home ATM but when I am I'll put the pics up that I have

Ah yeah, I have been reading up on HID, xenon and Bixenon lights (theres a great thread on AFF or FM, can't remember which sorry). 4200k is equivalent to daylight and 6000k is as far as you'd go before getting into the blues etc, and losing lumens. Yours look awesome, it's definitely a good mod. Although illegal without self leveling and self cleaning operation, but seriously if they're adjusted properly with the cut off line not blinding on coming traffic then what cop would ping you?

Come on the night cruise to port kembla, you'd make all ours look poor yellow :/ those pics look great!

Previous -
2011 Fiesta LX

Current -
LV XR5T

Post subject: Re: coreys el xr6 5 speed with 157rwkw NEW HID pics
Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Thanks mate :)
Never had any trouble from cops being my HIDs or my car. Been thru a few RBT's and one cop said its a bit low then smiled and let me go lol

I think they must like it as most of the p plater cars around my area are dumped commodores. So I guess mines something different. I think I'm the only one of few driving a e series falcon in my area lol

Any more info of this port kembla cruise
Dates, times, meet point ?

You'll know my car by my headlights lol

They are very bright but I've never had a driver high beam me so I'm guessing I'm not annoying too many people with my lights

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Post subject: Re: coreys el xr6 5 speed with 157rwkw NEW HID pics
Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:15 am 
Stock as a Rock

NSW, Australia

Haha yeah true, you don't see many p-platers driving e-series XRs let alone a nice and clean one.

In terms of the cruise Marty is the one throwing dates around, PM him. We were going
To do it this weekend but after checking with our better halves it couldn't work. So its just a case of getting a weekend that's free for us all. I'd like to get it done ASAP before it gets too cold. And I just want to do the cruise and get these pics, done properly port kembla looks awesome.
We'll let you know anyway through a PM or on here

Oh btw, we normally come through the national park, the sea cliff bridge, through coledale, austinmere thirroul, bulli etc jump onto the northern distributor (?) and peel off wherever we plan. So in terms of a meet point we could meet anywhere along the route or at the destination

Previous -
2011 Fiesta LX

Current -
LV XR5T

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 165  [ 2468 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 165  Next