Page 2 of 5 [ 63 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject: Re: EA S-Pack turbo sleeper *Now with GT3540*
Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

SA, Australia

Love the build mate! First cars hey?

I got one of those engine cranes too! :lol:

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Post subject: Re: EA S-Pack turbo sleeper *Now with GT3540*
Posted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1994 Ford EF Fairmont Ghia Sedan

VIC, Australia

looking good mate. First cars (and especially fords) always have a soft spot in our hearts. I still remember my one and i am sure that there is a few people on here that would remember it as well. Just ask ARM79 about the manual conversation on it :wink:

If i had a chance to get my baby back, i would in a heart beat.

1994 ford fairmont ghia - Currently 302 with T5 - Work in progress :P

Post subject: Re: EA S-Pack turbo sleeper *Now with auto/stally/surge tank*
Posted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:24 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EA Turbo

VIC, Australia

Hey guys, thought i'll give ya's a bit of an update, i've decided to get a bit more serious about the build, it was running pretty good with after the microtech, was probably making around 180ish rwkw.

I've now sold the manual conversion, and am putting a auto in it with a 3000RPM stall which I got last week, also put a surge tank and 044 pump in it, and have a ported AU head that just needs some slight touches to be finished along with a custom wade cam and crow valve springs. I'm also getting a 3" exhaust made up in the next few weeks, after all this is done i'll be taking it in for a tune and will get the tuner to just keep pushing it until something maxes out, find the weak spots and upgrade anything I need to and will take it back for a very aggressive tune to race with and hopefully get a pretty decent time at the track.

Some vids from my private race track.

Installation isn't finished yet obviously, need a bracket for the pump and also need the hose from the tank to the 044.

Can't wait till it's tuned :D

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Post subject: Re: EA S-Pack turbo sleeper Now with GT3540/auto/stally/044
Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: BA XR8

NSW, Australia

Hey,

Coming along well mate...

The surge tank is ally?? Are you using the std intank pump to lift to the surge?? Will std pump move enough fuel to feed the 044 at, say, full throttle???

A tidy up of the boot will be good. Are going to do some side panels??

Cheers

Daz

BA XR8 Boss 260
DAZFAB......Now Mobile
Mink = GAY
DAZFAB MEMBERS ,,,,DA22LE, XTT909, TERRORISTGHIA, TROYMAN, SWC, FAT245

Posted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Hey mate, i'm not sure what the tank is made of to be honest lol, and i'll be making the boot neater once I mount the pump and wire it up.

And the lift pump is a stock BA F6 one, should fine to supply enough fuel to the surge tank, i'll speak to the tuner just incase though, alot of BA's making good power with a fuel setup like this so i'm thinking it should be fine!

1988 EA S-Pack|MPI|LSD|AIT turbo manifold|Garrett GT3540|3" Exhaust turbo back|Resprayed|microtech LT8s|60lb Injectors|Bosch 044 with surge tank|3000 RPM stall|Ported AU head|Wade turbo cam|Crow double valve springs|1.3mm MLS headgasket|C4 conversion|Built bottom end|10.6@125MPHi

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well the boot has been neatened up lol, and I did goto get a tune but the motor blew, I took it in on my bday and the next day it blew :( so I haven't even touched it since March.

I have gathered some parts including a ACL race series rebuild kit, JP hi-vol oil pump, another 1.3mm HG and some other parts which i'm probably forgetting! The block has been bored out for the new pistons and the rotating assembly is getting balanced in the next few days and i'll put it back together with help of my engine builder mate. I also got some 60lb injectors, the auto is getting a modified valve body, also got some slicks for racing once I get it back, will also be getting some front runners too.

I'm also waiting for DA22LE's old plenum too, so it should be interesting! Only thing holding me back now will be the bloody auto, hopefully it holds up with the sort of boost I wanna put into it.

I almost forgot, i'm also ditching the 450x300 cooler to go for something a lil bigger, just trying to find a way to keep it all hidden behind the stock bar.

Here's a pic with the slicks on just to see what it looks like :P

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 92 EB Falcon

Looking nice man it's a shame that the engine spat the dummy. but a nice ea sleeper!
btw, how much the slicks set you back?

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 2:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Very nice. :D

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:58 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU111 XR6 VCT Supercharged

QLD, Australia

This is sounding like a genuine drag weapon! Looks purposeful with those slicks. Do you know why the engine blew...too much timing/ran lean/mechanical failure?

Will be great when its all back together. I'm watching with interest!

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Thanks guys, the slicks retail for around $5-600 for a pair IIRC, but I got them off a mate as he went for a bigger size slick so they were used but with some meat left on them.

As for the reason for the engine blowing, not too sure yet, I still gotta pull it down, just been real busy lately and am only getting a bit of time now so i'll get onto it these next few weeks, it was untued as the ECU was tuned for another car (also a falcon), and I just thrashed it untuned...I could hear it pinging but I didn't really care :P But thinking back it was a stupid thing to do, won't be doing that with the new motor!

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:14 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: AU111 XR6 VCT Supercharged

QLD, Australia

That will do it! Good luck with the build.

FOR SALE! - Supercharged AUIII XR6 VCT, intercooled, T5, big brakes.... details in the 'For Sale' section - ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-supercharged-au-xr6-vct-series-iii-intercooled-rwc-rego-t114254.html

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:39 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Ford EB GLI

VIC, Australia

This is going to be good when its finished!
Whats the biggest size slick you can go on a stockie with scrubbing on the gaurd?

EBT-747 -

Posted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

A general rule of thumb is that the wheel can be 2" narrower than the width of the slick, so on a stocky I probably wouldn't want to put anything bigger then 8.5". With a wider rim I reckon you could probably squeeze a 9.5-10" slick under there?

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:17 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: EA svo turbo, ef Fairmontl

VIC, Australia

needfordspeed wrote:
A general rule of thumb is that the wheel can be 2" narrower than the width of the slick, so on a stocky I probably wouldn't want to put anything bigger then 8.5". With a wider rim I reckon you could probably squeeze a 9.5-10" slick under there?

Speaking of tires gill, any chance i could get my stockies back anytime soon lol?

i fried every set i could get my hands on on my BF but need them for the EF ghia lol.

R.I.P George.D.Gogas!!!
4.5.85 - 27.2.05

Posted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Well I finally pulled the head off after the engine failure.....this is what I found lol....never thrashing a car un-tuned again...I don't know what I was thinking!! New motor is planned to be done on the weekend, but we'll see.

Dave: Yeah man, come get em whenever lol....i'd advise that you get them before my car is done....otherwise they may get fried :P

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 5  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next