Fordmods Logo

EB build (EB GLI getting overhauled) 

Page 1 of 4 [ 49 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: EB build (EB GLI getting overhauled)
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:50 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: Ef falcon

QLD, Australia

Hey fordmoders this build thread has been endend as sale of this car an purchase of my new one .. More details on the last post on page 3 .. Will be starting a new build in the near future..

Cheers dan

Hey all,

this is going to be my project for the next 3 months seeing as i was cought speeding last week an seeing as im on my p's i don't have many points an i lost them all :/

anyways my previous build was the white ea falcon-
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=97188

anyways to the point instead of spening thoughsands of dollars getting the body work fix rust an paint an dents on the ea fix an done i looks around an found a near perfect condition eb

i found one near ipswich $500 :D:D second falcon i've bought for 500

anyways it is a 6 seater sedan with auto on tree that only has 147000 original kms on it very tidie car an will make a very very nice build out of it

Attachment:
new falcon 1.JPG

my white EA beside EB :)
Attachment:
new falcon 2.JPG

alrighty so 3 months to do the complete ef el xr converison to this but going to get it done 100% proply this time an seeing as im not in a rush or time limite to get it all done (like previous build which i only had 20 days )
there will be heaps of info an pictures of how to an what to do on this whole build

things to do- strip both cars completly (remeber to take pictures an put tape on things an name the things you will mostly forget )

- will drill out both floor pans again to fit the ef front seats an console an weld the ef floor pan into the EB
- finding 345 ef/el lsd (might look around for 3.7 ratio for the drags but not sure yet)

other things im looking at doing kingsprings just lowered not s/ lows or u/ lows
with monroes sports (new version)
with whiteline ef sway bars in between the wheels to make it steadier
might consider going a bush kit but not sure as white line sway bars comes with bushes an the original ones are stillin good condition might be a down the road job i thinking

also going to scotts rods for my exhaust single muffler mandrel bend 2.5
with a venom 2.5 100spsi cat

also going to go with head work an cam
thinking of going through hopper roo's for my head (http://www.hoppersheads.com.au/site/)
an going either wade 1673 or 977b
will get a j3 chip with a tune to handle the cam (which either i go)

i will also be making the interia into full ef door cars an central locking an myabe if i can find the parts front power windows

so yeah this will be my next 3 months of fun i m hoping :)

i hope you follow ford moders stay tuned to my build an are able to give me any advise that would be help full an hope yous will share an ask questions about things i might be doing or if i need help

so yeah thanks, Dan

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

OP20 falcons- legaly harrased falcon!!

if you have to ask how much.....chance is to much

previous builds-
the-garage-f53/eb-build-eb-gli-getting-overhauled-t100371.html

Last edited by Tha Cons on Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: EB build (EB GLI getting overhauled)
Posted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

hey mate I just read your old build thread pretty impressive, I mite follow this one, have you got any pics of the ea with the ef interior?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:39 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

yeah mate i can i'll go take some but when i go to remove an put into the eb i'll take some how to an wat to do pics as well

Dan

previous builds-

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:55 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

here you go sorry bout quality only taken with my phone

Attachment:
ef interia 1.JPG

Attachment:
ef interia 2.JPG

Attachment:
ef interia 3.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

previous builds-

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:30 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

ok last couple days i haven't done to much big stuff just little bits an peices

yeasterday i strips the rest of the intirea out of my grey ef so i have a few door cards to play with to find the best ones :)

got the mirrors off the ef an got the last of the wire loom for the central locking in the doors an the electric windows (control an wires)

today i rejoined an played around with the wiring as its still all conects to my EA still but lest one lest thing i gott do when its out

also i fix my ignition problem i used my eb barrel an key which means i'll be able to keep the locks an everything the same when i do the rest of the conversion which is a bonus :)

i how ever have to when i pull my dash out one of my wires which coursed the smoke/fire in hervey bay has all been melted so when the dash is out i will re wire that part :/

anyways some pics of the stuff i have gathered

Attachment:
ef GLI cards.JPG

Attachment:
el xr cards.JPG

Attachment:
ef mirrors.JPG

Attachment:
TICKY BADGES.JPG

Attachment:
ignition barrels.JPG

as you can see the fron xr doors are electric .....im looking for power window wires as i can get the switchs an regulators just missing the wires to conect the switchs to the regulator an the regulator to the window... wouldn't mind a little bit of luxury :D

keep an eye out on build thread will start to get into with in a week :)

anyways cheers Dan

previous builds-

Posted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I see you have the air bag wheel in the ea, is it wired up and is it ilegal to have it without bein wired up?

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 8:00 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

hey mate firstly to run the wheel you gotta change the whole steering rack to the wheel other wise it looks dodge an least this way you know it will be safe

anyways about the air bags i don't see why its iligal putting a air bag into an none air bag car

how ever i have mine discontected beacause the whole gemetroty of the car is different an if i hock the air bag up you'll probly course MORE damage then with one cause it might go off too early or too late an cause more damage even death

i have the wheel an horn hocked up but not the air bag.. i haven't even put the air bag computer in or any of the sensors cause i don't want it going off

cheers dan

previous builds-

Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yeah that sounds fair enough, id probably just run a boss kit n a nice leather aftermarket wherl but I guess thats just my personal way of doing things it would look silly with the ea/ed wheel lol

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 2:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

ok been doing a few little small things on the car

i've done the right side ef mirror conversion haven't been bothered to do the left side yet

i also spend a hour or so today finding my best door skins an changing the cloth over to el xr cloth (nice feeling grey)

an i've domie fitted them to the right side of the car looks so much neater as well just gotta find the time tomoro an remove the accuators of the door to change the rods to ef then is smooth saling

at the present time im using GLI door skins with xr cloth so my front doors are "low" class ones an i don't have the power windows wires yet so for the mean time it'll do :)

some pics i think are in order

Attachment:
mirror.JPG

Attachment:
both doors.JPG

Attachment:
close up.JPG

previous builds-

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

am i the only one following this lol, looks good enough with the gli front door trims, ive always wanted to buy a ea and put all the later e series gear in it but leave the outside reasonably stock, or even put a au vct engine in one, watching this thread mite give me motivation

BF XR6

Posted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 3:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Territory SX TX

QLD, Australia

If I had an EA and some money Id drop a 418 Fontana in the bugger and take it down the strip. Would be good for a laugh I reckon.

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:54 am 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

hey all

thanks bry40l for following an showing an interest in the build
but i hope i keep you interested an hope i do motivate you some what to start your own,
my brother an i was talking bout me finding me A au vct motor a while back but i found the el xr an was the best option at the time

im taking my time with time one cause i don't want stuff ups down the track i got 3 months to have it done i got the last one done in 20 days 14 of them were school day (as i was in in the last couple weeks of school an out formal day was the official day i acctually started it up with 2 hours to spare i got cleaned up dressed an headed for my formal hahah

dazza027 haha would be a bit of fun wouldn't it lol how ever im thinking about once i completely finish my EB off... thinking about turning the EA into a track/strip/trailer car powered by a ba xr6T motor in the front :D but thats in the very distent future

ok enough dreaming lol

so tomoro's agender is do all the door changning rods over an finishing off the doors an i will do the left side mirror an make them both alined perfect

keep tune i kno i've only done a few little things so far but its the little things the make the most diffence especaily when you take your time an make them perfect so the to do list

-tomoro finish door skines an mirrirs off

future still to do (with lots of pics an details of it all )
-remove engine's an gear boxes
-remove dash
-remove all necessary inteira
-remove carpet drill out ea seat mounts
-remove ea seats (el xr seats) remove carpet gring/ drill out ef floor pan (will have lost of pics in this prosses)
-tack weld ef floor pan into EB make look factory (pant an cover in deadner black)

-remove EB wire loom completly out of car
-remove ef loom out of ea
-refit into EB making sure everything is in its rightfull spots etc
-put ef dash in that i removed out of a ef wagon (dash in perfect condition all tabs intack etc)

-send a head off to hopper roo's exchange it
- thinking im going to use the eb block seeing as its only seen 140###km which were high ways k's an use the hopper performance kit head on it
-remove t5 of xr motor bolt onto the eb motor (still has brand new cluch an kit on it probs seen a total of under 1000km on it

change/ remove steering rack to ef on the EB to use the xr wheel
-change bedal box
-while motor is out hopefully have my ef white line sway bars bolt them on at the fron atleast
-go to brissy pick up the lsd im buying (ef/el xr 345 lsd)
-bolt it up using a el xr6 tail sharft (won't pop over 180km) (if i ever get there lol)
-while sway bars an diff etc going in have my lowered spring&shocks ready to put in while its easyest to do

-have my cat back exhaust on stand by to put in, while car is up
-once all the under car stuff is done out the car down an have the motor an gear box ready to put in :D hopefully by now the car should nearly be ready to turn over an take for a test drive to the gate an back (10 meters lol)

that is a pretty Breif but in depth list of the to do that will be taking place over the next 3 months (max)

i hope by the end of the build i will have help an inspired all you others to do something with your project thats just sitting there :D:D

but yeah more up dates tomoro hopefully have the doors an mirrors fully done an hopeflly be 100% satisfied with them :) so i can get into the more machanical part of it :D:D

anyways thats me for the night gotta wake up early to get it done tomoro

cheers Dan

previous builds-

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

QLD, Australia

hey all

some bad new's didn't get all the doors done today only managed to get the right hand side doors done

a few little set back an interupsions didn't leave me with enough time to get them done an to top it off work has rung me to go in earnly so defs no time left for today to finish them

anyways here is the finished product on the right side i personaly think it looks rather sexy can't wait to have the higher class skins though... anyways

here the pic

Attachment:
finished rh side.JPG

tomoro i will take a few more of the process it takes...
the doco i m following is the one that benj an BuNtEr made
link -- viewtopic.php?f=38&t=59714

anyways cheers Dan

previous builds-

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Power: 327 rwkw

WA, Australia

looks really good man.
good luck with your build plans for 2011

Posted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Looks good

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 4  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next