Fordmods Logo

EB II Slow Budget BuildUp 

Page 9 of 12 [ 176 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Post subject: Re: EB II Slow Budget BuildUp
Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:59 am 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: Ford Ed

SA, Australia

peaandham wrote:
Went down to U pull it today and the first car i saw was an XH Ute and the bay was still intact so i was able to pick up the Air Snorkel so now i got a XH Snorkel for $3 !

Thats right $3 ...hopefully it'll go on tomorrow just have to mod it for the gas system !

Dude! Mine is modded for gas, Trade ya?

Adelaide E Series

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:41 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: Ford EB II Falcon

SA, Australia

Oh $#!T wish you said something earlier i had to go pull of this dodgey job hopefully it will still work well on gas ! But need to get my gas working before i can find out ! lol

By peaandham, shot with FinePix A600 at 2010-01-17
By peaandham, shot with FinePix A600 at 2010-01-17

OLD CAR: EB II Falcon, Everglade Green, 250thous (Rough Guess), Wildcat Extractors, 2.5 Exhaust with Muffler + Hot Dog, 18 Inch Rodney Jane Mags, XH Snorkel, EA MPEFI Tubing !

NEW CAR: 1996 TE Magna...Mods Soon To Come

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:19 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Had a first aid course at the Hungry Jacks head office on Richmond Road at Keswick, and those 2 days were pretty warm ones. The first day my car was fine, but on the second things went pair shaped (at this point my gas still doesn't work) sitting at lights the car drops revs and feels like its going to stall ! It was doing this all day. Then on my way home the fun began, i was drive up the Expressway and picked up some speed going up one of the hills, and when i looked at my temp gauge it kept rising, i waited till it hit the "L" before making an emergency stop. I thought if i could get over the hill the car would cool going down the hill (i guess i didnt find out) so i called the RAA but they quoted my an Hour to get out to my so i thought i would leave it, i popped the bonnet and got my tan on in my Oven of a car. While i was laying in the car letting the car cool down i remember the RAA guy telling me to turn the air con off...............if only i had air con :( ! So after about half hour the car was fine, got down the hill and headed home and them temp gauge didnt rise to much.

Needless to say i booked my car in to get the rough idle and the LPG System looked at, lets hope the temp problem doesn't return !

OLD CAR: EB II Falcon, Everglade Green, 250thous (Rough Guess), Wildcat Extractors, 2.5 Exhaust with Muffler + Hot Dog, 18 Inch Rodney Jane Mags, XH Snorkel, EA MPEFI Tubing !

Posted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:22 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Update got my car back and the car was idleing fine for my mechanics, and as for the gas they didnt have the tools to fix it because they are led to believe that the computer or something inside the converter is stuffing up. So now back to AutoPro to get them to look at it (itll have to wait till next week)

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:00 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

So today took a trip out to Upull It and decided to looks for a new airbox base (because i thought my clip mounts were broken, and an TB to Airbox tube from an EA Falcon (Which we all know is wider than the EB, ED ones)

Here is the differences between the tubing (The EA one is on the right)

By peaandham, shot with FinePix A600 at 2010-01-22

Also turns out my clip mounts were broken on my old airbox base so instead of throwing the spare one i might toy with a pod idea if i decide to go that way instead of a K&N Panel.

Final Result (finally have clips holding my lid down)

By peaandham, shot with FinePix A600 at 2010-01-22

Will post if i notice much of a differnce later after a nice drive !

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:37 pm 
SA Cruise Moderator

Ride: Ford Ed

SA, Australia

Now a k&n and it will be sweet! Thats all i have done..

Adelaide E Series

Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Don't waste your $$$$ on a K & N.

For the dubious value of 1 or 2 claimed KWs it is not worth the money. In fact, on some dyno tests I have seen, they have not helped at all.

Just use a normal factory panel filter.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:26 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

I was thinking i would like to toy with a custom pod setup but i will leave that for a while, not too sure how much longer i will keep this car for !

Also with the pic of the EA Tube fitted its not tight but it is now so no need to worry

Posted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:31 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Ok well the cars running fine on gas now, the problem was a faulty computer in the system itself ! And to think when i booked it in they were saying it probally just needs a tune, then i told them if thats all that was needed i didnt want them to do it because they always tune it far too rich !

Lucky it was still under warranty !

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:55 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Nice score on the cheap Xh snorkle & ea bottom hose dude, they sure improve the old I6. I would have put the brass elbo for the LPG system a little further down the system, probably somewhere hidden on the airbox, keep it out of sight.

In reagards to the K & N filter, yeah, you may not get much if any power increase, but a filter that you don't have to throw away after each service is doing your little bit for the environment, one less piece of garbage in the landfill. I know it's not much, but every bit counts right?

I've got K & N washable filters on 3 of my car's, but i've not bought any of them, they were on the car's when i bought them and are not too hard to clean.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:28 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Im not too fussed in hiding the brass elbow but im thinking whether bringing it up through the bottom may have been better !

Thanks for the replies im leaning towards using my new rotary tool to craft me a heatshield and wack a pod on the other side of it !

Posted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:57 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Well last night my car started leaking coolant and the culprit was the slit in the top hose that i knew was there for about 2 weeks ! So today i replaced the hose and shes running 100% again !

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

peaandham wrote:
Well last night my car started leaking coolant and the culprit was the slit in the top hose that i knew was there for about 2 weeks ! So today i replaced the hose and shes running 100% again !

Lucky you caught it before it caused you to cook the engine. I had the top hose blow out on me, and come o so close to cooking the engine in a matter of about 300mtrs of road. :oops:

These earlier E series are now getting old enough ppl should just replace all the hoses when they buy one before they get let down. Because we don't know when or if they have ever been replaced before.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:29 pm 
Technical Contributor

SA, Australia

Exactly well today when i thought my car was 100% the gas started spluttering off the line, it did this on 2 occasions so time to book it in again, im hoping it just needs a tune !

Posted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

peaandham wrote:
Exactly well today when i thought my car was 100% the gas started spluttering off the line, it did this on 2 occasions so time to book it in again, im hoping it just needs a tune !

Hate to say it dude, but there are many reasons this could happen. I'd start on the issue by looking at the spark plugs, leads & dizzy.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

Sort by  
 Page 9 of 12  [ 176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next