Fordmods Logo

"LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears 

Page 38 of 42 [ 618 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Build thread- IT LIVES!!
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:31 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Power: 120 rwkw

New Zealand

KWIKXR wrote:
f**k! I want an e-series V8 more than ever right now :lol:

Sounds awesome man, glad to see/hear it's all running, the lump at idle is sexual 8-). Skid vid's? Haha :P

Nathan drop me a pm when your ready. My V8 fairmont's looking for a new home and I'm moving to Melbourne in a week or so to start a new job. I'll include the 10 months worth of dust sitting on it for free.

Quite the beast you've assembled there Mason. Have you driven it much yet? I'm curious to know how well it goes.

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Lol, I'd have to sell my Fairmont first to make that happen Arron! :lol:. Sucks having no money and having heaps of things to pay off :x

Hope you get it running well soon Mason, just saw your other thread regarding that issue. Is the AFR/wideband kit wired up? If so, what sort of AFR's are you getting?

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Build thread
Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:
67RCE wrote:
XFWAGON wrote:
New gauge pMasonod has been finished.

Mason, any chances you could do another one? If so, how much would one cost me?

Most definitely, He will need the tray to cut up though. I could probably find one at the wreckers to use. I'll give him a call and find out the price, he did mine for $100 (materials plus small labour), which I thought was pretty good.

Were you wanting one exactly the same? He can do anything

The same would be good, I need to house Boost, Oil Pressure and AFR guages, and I'd like them neatly placed, and that guage setup looks great!.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

New Zealand

bottlejack15 wrote:
Quite the beast you've assembled there Mason. Have you driven it much yet? I'm curious to know how well it goes.

thanks mate, It's been a long year in the waiting. Maybe next time I'll save up the FULL amount needed, rather than what i "thought" I needed. Could have been a lot sooner but it ended up costing twice as much as I had planned for.

Got it's WOF this afternoon, then I took it into town for a quick drive around. It's still not running very well, lacks power, has no grunt and idles like it's missing. Have done the timing and other things, only thing I can think of is the TPS. I wired up the AU TPS into the E series plug, with a bit of tweaking it gave .98v at key on, however I don't know what the rest of the volt range gives compared to the E series sensor. This could be my problem.

It smells like it's over fueling too so the TPS could be giving higher readings to the EEC causing too much fuel/spark, compared to the amount the throttle is actually open. (just my thoughts anyway)

KWIKXR wrote:
Hope you get it running well soon Mason, just saw your other thread regarding that issue. Is the AFR/wideband kit wired up? If so, what sort of AFR's are you getting?

Me too mate, I suppose I had high expectations of it going perfectly on first start. Remind me not to buy BBK products again, I had bought a new BBK TPS and halfway through elongating the holes it broke in half. The plastic was so brittle and aerated, not good at all.

No, the gauge isn't wired up yet sadly. I talked to the guy today when I got my wof about welding the sensor in so hopefully will have that sorted next week, will then give some figures. (hopefully OK ones :lol: )

67RCE wrote:
The same would be good, I need to house Boost, Oil Pressure and AFR guages, and I'd like them neatly placed, and that guage setup looks great!.

Sweet as, I'll talk to him next week and see what he says. I think it's a great looking gauge pod, matches the factory trim with the stitching etc and as you say, looks tidy. It's a shame they don't make off the shelf pods for E series, would have really liked a pillar mount for my other three but will stick them on the dash instead.

How are your rims going? Ever since I saw those I have been searching for some bigger wheels! I never knew that negative offset rims fit so well. I'm currently looking at a set of 18x10 -04 and 18x9 -01 Diezel D1R's with Gold centres. But the only way I could afford those is if I managed to sell my current rims.

Finding low offset wheels these days is near impossible!!!

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Posted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

WoW! That thing sounds like an animal! Makes me wanna get stuck into my EB Xr8 & get it on the road!

Nice work, hope you sort the niggly issues & get it running right nice & quickly.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:
bottlejack15 wrote:

thanks mate, It's been a long year in the waiting. Maybe next time I'll save up the FULL amount needed, rather than what i "thought" I needed. Could have been a lot sooner but it ended up costing twice as much as I had planned for.

Got it's WOF this afternoon, then I took it into town for a quick drive around. It's still not running very well, lacks power, has no grunt and idles like it's missing. Have done the timing and other things, only thing I can think of is the TPS. I wired up the AU TPS into the E series plug, with a bit of tweaking it gave .98v at key on, however I don't know what the rest of the volt range gives compared to the E series sensor. This could be my problem.

It smells like it's over fueling too so the TPS could be giving higher readings to the EEC causing too much fuel/spark, compared to the amount the throttle is actually open. (just my thoughts anyway)

KWIKXR wrote:

Me too mate, I suppose I had high expectations of it going perfectly on first start. Remind me not to buy BBK products again, I had bought a new BBK TPS and halfway through elongating the holes it broke in half. The plastic was so brittle and aerated, not good at all.

No, the gauge isn't wired up yet sadly. I talked to the guy today when I got my wof about welding the sensor in so hopefully will have that sorted next week, will then give some figures. (hopefully OK ones :lol: )

67RCE wrote:

Sweet as, I'll talk to him next week and see what he says. I think it's a great looking gauge pod, matches the factory trim with the stitching etc and as you say, looks tidy. It's a shame they don't make off the shelf pods for E series, would have really liked a pillar mount for my other three but will stick them on the dash instead.

How are your rims going? Ever since I saw those I have been searching for some bigger wheels! I never knew that negative offset rims fit so well. I'm currently looking at a set of 18x10 -04 and 18x9 -01 Diezel D1R's with Gold centres. But the only way I could afford those is if I managed to sell my current rims.

Finding low offset wheels these days is near impossible!!!

Thanks Mason. If you need it I have 3 consoles here, so I can send over the tray if need be.

Rims are great, I'm contemplating stripping the chrome plating off (it's peeling and flaking anyway) and going with either black or Ego centres with a massively polished lip. My rears are 18x10 -04 with an 8mm slip on spacer, and the fronts are 18x8.5 -04. The Diezel D1R's your looking at will sit pretty much the same as mine.

I hunted for ages after trialling the ABC's, eventually discovered I'd have to go brand new, then I got offered the ABC's, so I bit the bullet and grabbed them.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:22 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: NC Fairlane 5.0L

SA, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:
in the meantime I have some BF3 to play 8-)

^^ The main reason i haven't stuck my new suspension in the 'Lane yet right there.

Check out my band!: http://www.facebook.com/creaturesball

Posted: Sun May 13, 2012 1:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

MikkWylde wrote:
XFWAGON wrote:
in the meantime I have some BF3 to play 8-)

^^ The main reason i haven't stuck my new suspension in the 'Lane yet right there.

I have to say I'm disappointed with the new patch though!

Nothing new to report on the LTD, still haven't got around to fitting the heli coils and intake spacer yet. I've also got all new pulleys and serp belt for it, but I need to somehow drill the tensioner pulley off to put the new one on. And I think I found what was making it run like crap, one of the injector wires had been sandwiched between the heater rail and upper plenum, so its flat as a piece of paper and also brittle/hard from the heat, So I'm thinking the two wires must have melted together or something.

Oh, and I've also bought another car..... '92 Mercedes 190e 2.0 auto. Going to be awesome for the times I CBF driving a manual. Halfway through fixing the head gasket on it and I'm very surprised how easy it is. The quality of the car is also awesome, but being German It certainly didnt surprise me.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Posted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Well, car still isn't sorted.

Weather has been so bad, I'm pretty sure it's the worst winter we have had in a very long time.

Pulled the plugs today to gap them properly and noticed that number 8 was saturated in fuel, all the others were dry. I don't know what would cause this as the leads are brand new, distributor cap and rotor is also brand new.

I'm wondering If I set the valves on that cylinder wrong, however I remember being very careful to set them correctly.

I have to pull the lower intake again anyway as I noticed some coolant seepage at the front on both sides, which is strange as the gaskets were installed correctly, correct torque applied to bolts etc and I've never really been happy with the lower anyway ever since the middle holes stripped. So I'll either buy a new TFS lower or save up a little and get a different brand.

I just wanna drive my car mummy! :lol:

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

Quarterhorse arrived today, one more thing to tick off. Now just to learn how to use it :P

Replacement TFS lower also sent today from Summit.

And after doing loads of reading on Corral and other 'Stang forums, it appears that my leaking lower intake gaskets are due to using crappy Fel-pro "Printo-leak" 1250's supplied in the TFS kit. They don't have a metal core so they crush when torqued and warp. Apparently these are meant for engines that get pulled down frequently and not recommended for street use or at least long term.

So I've ordered a set of 1250-S3's which have the metal core.

Also picked up a 1997 VW Golf Variant, just fixing the oil cooler on it at the moment, sell it and will hopefully pay for some 18x10 JYD's for the rear, will look a lot nicer than the 17x8 JYD's currently on there which look skinny.

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

18x10"s ordered 8-)

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

New Zealand

The wheels arrived at Mag & Turbo today, although BG Marketing supplied them with the wrong info and the back spacing is 1.5" more than what pre-AU offsets should be (so it's in the negative somethings rather than 0-+6). They said they did some calculations and they should fit but are uncomfortable and have given me one wheel to try, if it fits I can grab the other wheel. If it doesn't, they will refund me my money.

I hope they fit as it's the only pair in the country to suit Falcons and If I want to order in another pair, it's an extra $300 per rim to get them from the US.....

So this will be tomorrows little activity before work.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:42 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: EB2 Ghia,Mighty Boy,Eb1 Xr8 5spd

VIC, Australia

Nice wheels man. If they don't fit, get them to fix the problem, which is supply wheels with the correct details.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

I am the ToranaGuy!|74 Lh Torana Turbo|78 Hz PanelVan|86 Mighty Boy Ute|93 EB2 Ghia,GT Mockup,5spd,LPGI,Full Leather|2 x EB Xr8 5spd's|FS [VIC]: Wrecking - Eb XR8 - Parts available |Build Thread|Ebay Items - Ford Parts|

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:10 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 1991 eb1 fairmont

QLD, Australia

they look familiar Image mine came from american wheel warehouse if that,s any help excuse the crap picture.

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

18x10's should look insane on the rear dude! Be good to see how much that extra backspace pushes the wheel out. If they are close enough to fitting, you could always get some tyres stretched over them and get the rear guards pumped out a little to accommodate them :P

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Sort by  
 Page 38 of 42  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next