Fordmods Logo

"LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears 

 

Page 39 of 42 [ 618 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:38 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1427

Joined: 21st May 2005

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Extra backspace pulls the wheel in.
1.5" backspace from 0 will end up around the +36 mark.
If all else fails you could run spacers.

 

_________________

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:47 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 2477

Joined: 10th Mar 2007

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

Location: Auckland
New Zealand

MAD wrote:
Extra backspace pulls the wheel in..

QFT! I must have had a brain failure in my previous post lol, my bad

 

_________________

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1698

Joined: 24th Nov 2005

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

Location: Dunedin
New Zealand

Well, that extra 1.5" proved to be just a little too much... by 1.5" lol.

I trialled one this morning before work and although they looked awesome, there was no way any tyre combo was going to help me.

So on my break I took them back in and am waiting to hear from them about my options, the guy suggested having them modified at BG Marketings expense (if they agreed), but at $875 a rim I don't think I'm too keen to have someone play around with them in the hope they will work.

Mag & Turbo checked numerous times with BG Marketing to make sure they were the correct offset, but when they pulled them out of the box, they were wrong.

1" further in would make them sit quite nicely I think!

Anyway, photos!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

 

_________________

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 26

Posts: 736

Joined: 13th Oct 2009

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EL XR6

Location: Parramatta
NSW, Australia

They will fit fine!!!
Just need to sretch the sh** out of the tyres!! Run 235s or 225s on it!!

 

_________________

LOW, LOUD AND LUMPY

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1698

Joined: 24th Nov 2005

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

Location: Dunedin
New Zealand

the sam wrote:
They will fit fine!!!
Just need to sretch the sh** out of the tyres!! Run 235s or 225s on it!!


Lol, the point of bigger rims is so I can run bigger tyres. I'm not so much a fan of the huge rims with tiny stretched tyre look. I will end up having to stretch them a little.

Mag & turbo rang me today and suggested having the diff shortened.. I don't know much about this so will have to do some reading. Apparently it will cost around $200 per side.

 

_________________

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4326

Joined: 30th Oct 2006

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

Location: Grafton
NSW, Australia

Why are you considering paying to fix their f**k up?

 

_________________

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1698

Joined: 24th Nov 2005

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

Location: Dunedin
New Zealand

krisisdog wrote:
Why are you considering paying to fix their f**k up?


Good point. Only reason I'm even considering it is for the dish, but when I think about it it's a f**k load of hassle just for an extra inch of dish. And these are the only ones in NZ that are even close to fitting my car, It will cost me an extra $300 per rim and 2 months to order them in from the US. :x

 

_________________

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:37 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 1427

Joined: 21st May 2005

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Be careful with the way things are worded with the company.
I see that you're saying it's an 'extra' 1.5" of backspace but it's actually the other way around.
It's easy to get confused because this way you get more space behind the wheel, but 'backspace' refers to the measurement from the rear lip to the mounting face.
So these rims have 1.5" less backspace than you wanted.

 

_________________

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 4:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4326

Joined: 30th Oct 2006

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

Location: Grafton
NSW, Australia

Don't f**k around with it.

You can cheat and get wheels that appear to have more dish than they actually do, find some wheels that the spokes curve in the further away from the hub you go.
I have a set of 19x9.5 in +45 offset that have 10cm of dish, while the front 19x8.5 of +35 have 6cm. If you could find a set of wheels that work in a similar manner you can pull of an easy 15cm of dish with an offset of ~0.

 

_________________

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

krisisdog wrote:
Don't f**k around with it.

You can cheat and get wheels that appear to have more dish than they actually do, find some wheels that the spokes curve in the further away from the hub you go.
I have a set of 19x9.5 in +45 offset that have 10cm of dish, while the front 19x8.5 of +35 have 6cm. If you could find a set of wheels that work in a similar manner you can pull of an easy 15cm of dish with an offset of ~0.


Your wheels have dish because they are Convex. I have a set of 18x10 -4 flat faced rims, with 115mm of dish.

Mason, Are they 18x10 -40's or something?

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 29

Posts: 1698

Joined: 24th Nov 2005

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: DCII LTD V8

Location: Dunedin
New Zealand

Yea I was wondering why your wheels worked and mine didn't, cause I was sure that the negative offset would have turned out similar to your fitment, but it looks like about an inch too far out compared to your rims.

I'm not sure what the exact offset is, all I can remember him saying was that they were 5.5" backspace or 4.5" or something like that. They were 1.5" more/less than what the ideal Falcon backspace was.

They are still at the shop, I'm deciding what to do about them. If I want another pair but in the appropriate offset it will be $1100 per rim, which obviously I'd rather not pay.

I have been trying to find other wheels that I like that will fit the car but the pickings are VERY slim.

Does anyone know if it would work if I put some GT flares on and slightly stretched tyres?

 

_________________

1993 LTD V8 Oregon 5 speed "click me"

Trick Flow Heads/Cam/Intake, Crane Ignition, T5Z Trans.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 5582

Joined: 20th May 2005

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

Location: Seven Hills, Sydney
NSW, Australia

The flares do stick out a bit more, but you don't cut the guard as they attach to it.

BenJ

 

_________________

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:38 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 27

Posts: 2477

Joined: 10th Mar 2007

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

Location: Auckland
New Zealand

Came across these the other night, Mason. Reckon they'd looking pretty mint on the LTD :P

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 215847.htm

 

_________________

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

XFWAGON wrote:
Yea I was wondering why your wheels worked and mine didn't, cause I was sure that the negative offset would have turned out similar to your fitment, but it looks like about an inch too far out compared to your rims.

I'm not sure what the exact offset is, all I can remember him saying was that they were 5.5" backspace or 4.5" or something like that. They were 1.5" more/less than what the ideal Falcon backspace was.

They are still at the shop, I'm deciding what to do about them. If I want another pair but in the appropriate offset it will be $1100 per rim, which obviously I'd rather not pay.

I have been trying to find other wheels that I like that will fit the car but the pickings are VERY slim.

Does anyone know if it would work if I put some GT flares on and slightly stretched tyres?


3.5" backspace? Because mine are ~5" backspace.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: "LTD-XTC" Now with 18x10" Rears
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 28

Posts: 4326

Joined: 30th Oct 2006

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

Location: Grafton
NSW, Australia

67RCE wrote:
krisisdog wrote:
Don't f**k around with it.

You can cheat and get wheels that appear to have more dish than they actually do, find some wheels that the spokes curve in the further away from the hub you go.
I have a set of 19x9.5 in +45 offset that have 10cm of dish, while the front 19x8.5 of +35 have 6cm. If you could find a set of wheels that work in a similar manner you can pull of an easy 15cm of dish with an offset of ~0.


Your wheels have dish because they are Convex. I have a set of 18x10 -4 flat faced rims, with 115mm of dish.

Mason, Are they 18x10 -40's or something?

Is that not what I said? Lol

 

_________________

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 39 of 42  [ 618 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:18 am All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names