Fordmods Logo

Mark's EL XR6 - BF F6 DOHC transplant in progress!! 

Page 7 of 10 [ 137 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post subject: Re: Mark's EL XR6 - BF F6 DOHC transplant in progress!!
Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:31 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

fezlane wrote:
Any joy with the cruise control?

Cheers

Nah mate ...maybe at some point in the future.

I'm pretty used to not having it now.

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd manual, with BF F6 TYPHOON motor and supporting mod's, 3" exhaust etc..
(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

My car here: the-garage-f53/mark-s-el-xr6-bf-f6-dohc-transplant-in-progress-t106821.html
BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 6:38 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

where did you get the intake and much difference? and have you still got the ss inductions?

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Chargd wrote:
where did you get the intake and much difference? and have you still got the ss inductions?

Acron Plastics - about $200 for the box alone. You will need to buy the intake pipe & pod filter.

Still have the SS Inductions snorkel and original airbox.

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd manual, with BF F6 TYPHOON motor and supporting mod's, 3" exhaust etc..
(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

My car here: the-garage-f53/mark-s-el-xr6-bf-f6-dohc-transplant-in-progress-t106821.html
BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 95 EF GLI

VIC, Australia

markr1967 wrote:
Chargd wrote:

Acron Plastics - about $200 for the box alone. You will need to buy the intake pipe & pod filter.

pm'd you

95 Ef Gli, mods : Tickford Head, Tickford ecu, Pacemaker 4499, Venom 100 cpi cat, Redback 2.5" catback, Wade 977b cam, ba xr6 intake and SS inductions, k & n filter & leather seats. 147.5kw @ wheels

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:29 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Bit of an update..

She's now kitted out with front & rear Whiteline swaybars, and QFM HPX brake pads ...also had a small straight thru' muffler (SS, 12" long) shoe-horned in just before the tip. Also played around a bit with the clutch cable adjustment to bring the engagement point closer to the floor.

Overall effect is great, so much more refined to drive, but an animal when required ...sounds smooth, handles and stops much better.

Would definitely recommend the QFM HPX brake pads, the old Bendix Ultimates were a b**ch (squeaking / squealing, heaps of dust, weak cold bite etc) ...none of this with the QFM HPX's!!

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:04 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: 98 El xr6

SA, Australia

luving this man...having the same probs i had with mine...so adding that lil muffler at the back is much better? ive only got the 3inch all the way back with a high flow cat n single muffler.

Also mine gets a bit warm in summer ;/ dunno weather its because of the confined space but dont know if u have had the same prob.....

Just also got a malwood t56 6 speed put in to bolt up to the xr6 turbo motor after tearing the clutch cable through the firewall lol...so much better :)

Your commodore has just as much torque as my wheel nutts

98 EL XR6T (Barra 240T) 270rwkws

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:54 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Iveco550 wrote:
luving this man...having the same probs i had with mine...so adding that lil muffler at the back is much better? ive only got the 3inch all the way back with a high flow cat n single muffler.

Also mine gets a bit warm in summer ;/ dunno weather its because of the confined space but dont know if u have had the same prob.....

Just also got a malwood t56 6 speed put in to bolt up to the xr6 turbo motor after tearing the clutch cable through the firewall lol...so much better :)

The extra muffler has made a huge difference mate, really quietened her down and smoothed out the sound.

Haven't really had any real problem with temperature, it always stays under the halfway mark on the gauge, and fluctuation is minimal. Definitely a lot hotter under the bonnet now though, lol.

How long have you had the T56? What sorta $'s, and how would you rate it?

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:27 pm 
Parts Gopher

Ride: BF XR6

WA, Australia

markr1967 wrote:
Chargd wrote:

SS inductions Growler box is about $650 - $700 at some shops. Does include the pod filter.

That's much better value for the Acron one.

Last edited by thomsonjjd on Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: 98 El xr6

SA, Australia

Oh yeah, my exhaust has a pretty good growl to it mate, ive gotta get some footage of it as i did a 60kmh brake stand the other day infront of me old man and it shot a massive flame out haha!

The t56 i have had in for about a month now and it is great! very smooth and its so strong...the transition between gears is amazing, so short and quick. The stick sits about an inch back which makes it easier so first gear isnt as far out of reach...

All up it cost me about $6000 for everything as i also got the under dash hydraulic clutch set up and a quicktime shatter proof bellhousing from the states to suit. Also a new shorten tailshaft.

Id suggest getting the diff tighten up aswell :)

Just a question..where did you get that piping for your intake from? is it avo?

markr1967 wrote:
Iveco550 wrote:

The extra muffler has made a huge difference mate, really quietened her down and smoothed out the sound.

Haven't really had any real problem with temperature, it always stays under the halfway mark on the gauge, and fluctuation is minimal. Definitely a lot hotter under the bonnet now though, lol.

How long have you had the T56? What sorta $'s, and how would you rate it?

Your commodore has just as much torque as my wheel nutts

98 EL XR6T (Barra 240T) 270rwkws

Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:20 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Yeah mate, AVO. I got the whole kit but didn't wind up using the intercooler because of space (height) available behind the front bar ...I still have it, and am now considering re-fitting it, along with a Process West plenum or throttle body relocation kit ...while keeping the existing airbox & AVO intake crossover ...still trying to keep things looking stock, lol.

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:18 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

New coil cover waiting to go on..

Also XYZ coilovers tomorrow :wink:

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Scored this baby today, I've been after one for a while..

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/180915059062 ... 1439.l2649

I've got the Black re-colouring / refurb'ing kit all ready to go :wink:

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:54 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Early morning park-up..

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: NL FAIRLANE BA TURBO POWERED

VIC, Australia

Hi mate

How hows your accelerator been mounted? Looking at doing a conversion but there is a dirty big bunch of wires right where accelarator would be. Any chance you could post a pic.

Cheers

Steve

Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

thats a very impressive bit of gear... never ceases to amaze me what some guys get up to on here :)

"08 XR6T Ute

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 10  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next