Fordmods Logo

My new 'blank canvas' 

Page 22 of 24 [ 357 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next

Post subject: Re: My new 'blank canvas'
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: "08 XR6T Ute

QLD, Australia

As soon as I get front rotors/pads I'll do it all at the same time, can't be bothered doing everything twice. Just need to check this ecu situation.

Plus get the au rims sorted and ready to put on at the same time.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ef Fairmont

NSW, Australia

Go to Jaycar for the deadening material. Either that or grab some carpet underlay, that works well too.

Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 2:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

By using stuffing material you will find its less dense than other materials and the more you stuff in the more you decrease the internal volume of your sub box, and if you have done your calculations and made the box the right size you will actually go against all your hard work.

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Well the design I want won't allow for a full size box, but I don't want to sacrifice look for the box size... Though in saying that, it's not that dad off being the right size. Also, from what I have learnt, stuffing (to an extent) actually 'increases' volume... and a smaller box won't give you loud volume but will give you better sound quality, eg a tighter punch from the sub...
But correct me if I'm wrong, my research defs isn't bullet proof lol

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:04 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Btw, I think everyone here is going to hate me for saying this... Cause I haven't seen one person with one.
But I think my next car is going to be a ricer. After going to down shift yesterday (hi to 67RCE btw, you did look at me pretty confused as if 'who da f**k?' Lol) it's reignited the urge to buy one that I've always wanted... Hmmm have to wait a little bit though, might happen within 12months or a bit more.
Thinking R33 GTS-T...I know there is better out there, eg GTR, but for price and maintainance and looks, I'm happy with that.

Now just waiting for the.. "I hate ricer" comments lol

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

I wouldn't man. By the time you've made the FG looking nice and sexy, it's already more visually appealing. Then once you add some boost behind it, it will leave the ricer for dead.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
Well the design I want won't allow for a full size box, but I don't want to sacrifice look for the box size... Though in saying that, it's not that dad off being the right size. Also, from what I have learnt, stuffing (to an extent) actually 'increases' volume... and a smaller box won't give you loud volume but will give you better sound quality, eg a tighter punch from the sub...
But correct me if I'm wrong, my research defs isn't bullet proof lol

Any baffling will increase the volume like you said to an extent ( makes the speaker think the box is larger than it is in a way), its kind of what its used for along with stopping resonation inside the box carrying to the outside walls of the box. Stuffing is a less dense material and will absorb the vibrations less effectively than a more dense material. Running a brace inside a small box is also an idea i.e running a piece of timber across the inside of the box to strengthen the box. There is allot to consider when porting a box, Just in case try this page for info
http://www.bcae1.com/spboxnew2.htm
Get the figures wrong or the port hole size/ depth/position wrong and you will have made a mess of all your hard work.

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

FordAUte wrote:
Btw, I think everyone here is going to hate me for saying this... Cause I haven't seen one person with one.
But I think my next car is going to be a ricer. After going to down shift yesterday (hi to 67RCE btw, you did look at me pretty confused as if 'who da f**k?' Lol) it's reignited the urge to buy one that I've always wanted... Hmmm have to wait a little bit though, might happen within 12months or a bit more.
Thinking R33 GTS-T...I know there is better out there, eg GTR, but for price and maintainance and looks, I'm happy with that.

Now just waiting for the.. "I hate ricer" comments lol

At the end of the day a Falcon is a "Family car", its kind of half the fun in modding them. Now, a Skyline is a dedicated performance car and designed solely for that reason. Yeah we all hate ricers, but I dont think its the cars but the d**k that normally drive them. I will admit if I didnt have kids to consider I would have maybe gone an rx7, Skyline, Baby Godzilla import, 200sx or even an S2000. You need to decide what you want dude. Maybe even keep a Ford as a daily and grab a toy, money permitting.

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

http://svc097.wic026v.server-web.com/ca ... 040203.pdf

Product codes.

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Cheers 79Raven, you confirmed what I wasn't too sure about. I wasn't going to try porting just for that reason, I'm not overly confident that I could get it right. So I'm going for a simpler process to ensure I get it to a reasonably good quality.
What's best to use as the baffle material then?

Yeah the falcons are more practical. But I'm only young (21 just after Easter) I want to own it while I can, before I settle with a long term partner and have kids.
Unfortunately funds don't permit to having two cars, but the falcon should provide for a little extra money in the bank after getting a clean and neat R33 GTS-T. I have a friend that's about to sell his R33 GTR and go back to another R33 GTS-T, and the ones I've been to look at with him have been going for about 10k and they are higher then the standards I am after personally.

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The best materials to use as a baffle is kind of different strokes for different blokes. I mentioned carpet underlay as if you were going to use stuffing I thought you might want it on the cheap. I have a mate who's been an audiophile for a LONG time and he swears by underlay, but I have not tried it myself. I ended up getting a fair whack of deadening material off a bloke I knew who had a studio at his house and Ive been using that for years.
No worrys too, Ive been there before and gone through some small thing turning a s**t hot job into s**t sound. Every days a lesson, so's every job. Im no tech either, just learnt from mistakes the hard way. Jaycar are always good if you want top quality s**t, and you can normally throw idea's with the people and they will lead you on the right path.

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Just about to sand the putty and then give the next rim a lick of black

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I can't view it cause I'm not yet a member of the forum, but this thing is sex on wheels... More of a note to myself to become a member and look at it...
http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthread.php?t=11297228

"08 XR6T Ute

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah, that XR6 is f*cking gorgeous. Shame about the people saying chrome rims are ricer etc, and that it looks like a commodore. I love the look of it.

Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

not a fan of the carbon fiber stuff, sorry. Its getting done that often now its like UFC now days. When it was rare to see it was awesome, now every f**k watches it and there is magazines and t shirts and s**t. Next Kia will bring out carbon fiber sticker-ed interiors.
Dont get me wrong, nice car and the chromies set off with the dark paint, just that carbon fiber s**t bugs me

Sort by  
 Page 22 of 24  [ 357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  Next