Page 7 of 8 [ 116 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: Naths AU2
Posted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: BFII Turbo

Power: 253 rwkw

VIC, Australia

woot, box went in first go. no wucken furies. exhaust back on.

tommorow ill swap ecu's, and secure the injector plugs with some tricky taping. would you believe the series 2 retainer clips for the injector plugs will not fit on the series one inj plugs? the series one loom i got didnt come with retainer clips, and the outer plug shape is different even though they actually plug onto the injector.

after that ill try and fire it up.

IF it runs, ill take it down off the ramps, and jack the rear up so i can put the new tailshaft in.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

she no go boss.

evrthing is checked and double checked, and it doesnt even crank.

at a loss.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

heres where it stands:

I have everything hooked up the way its meant to be. I have power, smartshield icon (car with little hand inside) flashes intermitently as its supposed to.

But turn the key, and all you get it two faint small clicks, and the smartshield icon flashes rapidly.

If you do this after disconecting and reconecting the battery you get bASE come up on the dash.

I noticed that the plug on the back of the head (coolant temp sense???) is loose. I fiddled with it, and now when you turn the key you get a little wirr noise (almost like an elctric pump) for a second or two.

theres no action going on with the starter motor at all. This all hapened exactly the same with a brand new battery that my brother brought around.

Buggers me, what do you guys think?

enough isn't enough

Posted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

the word is dont take these ecu's out for extended periods, and when you put them back in make sure evrything is 100% in order or else the ECU shutsdown as part of the smartshield program.

car is down at the local auto elecs, and he has it running. but its dropping cyl 1 and 6 after ignition.

he thinks it may be a coolant temp sensor issue.

Only problem is the bugger hasnt touched it since monday because he says he is busy...

what a douche, he could have it out of the shop! one less car to be busy with, no?

enough isn't enough

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:49 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: BAxr6 mkII, BA xr6, EA Spac

VIC, Australia

sounds like a pain in the a** mate!
i have been reading this thread for a while as i have an AU 1 and am doing all the reading up on a manual conversion before i even attempt it (its a long ways away anyhow).
when you said you left the ecu out for a long time how long was it between starts?
just curious at this point!
And yes what a wank if he did have the car out it would be more room and less clutter in his shop!

Homer- Everytime i try to learn somethign new it pushes out old information!
Like that time i learnt how to taste wine and forgot how to drive.

Marge- You didn't forget how to drive you where drunk!

Homer- And How!
Successful Trades: Private9

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:54 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

it helps a lot to have the same series as your car, since there are wiring differences between au1 and au2&3.

even then you cant use an au1 manual ecu from another car straight up, as smartshield wont allow it. you need to either use the ecu you have and adapt it to manual, or take it the manual ecu to ford and have the ecu and keys smartshield programed into sync. Doing anything to the car when things arnt in 100% working order between the ecu and the electronics of the car, ie trying to start it 3 times, will put the ecu into dead mode, and require ford, or and auto elec with the right scantool experience to "wake it up".

its such a good security system it stops the owner from stealing his own car...

enough isn't enough

Posted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:02 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BAxr6 mkII, BA xr6, EA Spac

VIC, Australia

yea damn that sucks i think i was lookin at uying the conversion kit from FTG salvage that you actualy baught haha but i had no money at the time. would of been an easier fit for me lol.
but dude that sucks.
why are you using the new ecu rather resistor tricking your old one?

Homer- Everytime i try to learn somethign new it pushes out old information!
Like that time i learnt how to taste wine and forgot how to drive.

Marge- You didn't forget how to drive you where drunk!

Homer- And How!
Successful Trades: Private9

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

according to the auto elec who I just got back from with the car, he says you cant really use the resistor trick on au models, they are too intelligent. e series fine yes, but au series no.

Its idling fine, and when driving steady state low throttle flat surface its ok, but when your going uphill using more throttle, or above 3400 rpm, it just dies, and i mean so bad that the smartshield icon comes on momentarily.

The guy who got it running said its overfueling to the s**t, and the map is reading slightly eratically. he said he rewrote the ecu as best he can, but theres more that needs to be done by a professional tuner or ford.

when you give it some beans it misses, and then sorta in one big hit cuts out and then chugs as you come off the throttle then resumes normal proceedings. when its idleing you can smell the extra fuel. revving in nuetral results in big backfire and the same washout.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I have cause to believe its overfueling so badly with the throttle open that at a certain point the excessive fuel is washing the spark out completely. also its an au1 xr6 ecu, which is tuned for the xr6 cam and fuel pressure. when your going uphill it surges and has no power at all, as if its going too much fuel/not enough fuel/too much fuel etc etc.

Do you guys think a tune up will fix this?

enough isn't enough

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

also the gearbox is supremely harsh and clunky. does not shift well at all, sounds like a meatgrinder, and feels like generally a box of assorted bits of odd shaped metal.

Im running the recomended Penrite 75 weight manual oil.

will going for something dearer like tranzmax z (about 80 bucks a bottle) fix this? id rather not spend heaps of money if its the box rather than the oil.

does anyone else get a noisy t5 on the penrtite gear?

enough isn't enough

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:43 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Bit of an update for you guys on the T5 into AU saga.

Its been at Westpoint Ford in Hoppers Crossing now since friday the 17th of this month. They say they have had to rewire the loom (havnt specified which one oddly enough) to match the ecu, even though the ecu is same series as the loom??? :?

Now that they say the loom is all right and good, they say it will not start. They rang me this morning to say so far the bill comes to $800, and your car doesnt work at all. Can you afford to pay us more to get it going...

Seriously.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

for f**k sake, i was hoping to read a post on how its all working like it should !!!!!!!

i feel your pain, keep it together, dont kill anyone or set your car on fire etc.

is there anyone on these forums within a couple hours driving distance who knows what theyre doing that could have a look for you? PM "macxr8" he knows AU electrics very well, but he is in sydney

i wouldnt pay those crooks at Ford a single f**k cent..... i doubt the wiring was that bad that it needed $800 worth of labour to correct it?

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I doubt it too, as they have all the schematics of the wiring, all they had to do was look up s1 wiring, and s2 wiring, and spot the differences. Should not have taken 800 big ones to do that.

Now they want to charge more to make it run. It was running when it went in there....

I know they are bleeding me but what can I do? I need it working properly. $400 at the auto elecs got it running, but thats it, it was undrivable the way it was. looks like its going to take another $1000 at ford to get it right.

I could have taken it somewhere else, but I need it now, and I didnt want whoever it went to turn around another $400 later and say only ford can fix this...

Ive just got enough on the CC to cover the grand, but without work repaying the CC will take a while.
This has turned out to be a very expensive exercise.

enough isn't enough

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

is it too late to find a good used auto and whack that back in at minimal cost?

if you keep throwing money at it, and still not having it run as you would like, it might be more of an expensive exercise

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

dont have the money to go for a replacement auto anymore. The conversion kit cost $1650, I spent about $250 on tools for the job, $400 on the local auto elec, now a 1 grand minimum at ford, and Im at rock bottom financially.

so far I reckon the outlay (including the yet to be paid bits) at $3300.

It would have been cheaper to buy a series 2 manual ecu and loom, and have it reprogramed, something which i will discuss at some length with Westpoint Ford when they ring me to say its ready for pickup.

I even told them that the s2 auto ecu was on the backseat when I dropped it off, but when I told them again this morning, they sounded suprised. They could have put the auto ecu in and turned off the auto section of the ecu to effectively make it a maual ecu, instead of spending all this time (and my money) f@rt about.

edit: wtf, the word f a r t i n g is to be censored? honestly where is the world coming to. For shame fordmods.

enough isn't enough

Sort by  
 Page 7 of 8  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next