Fordmods Logo

Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity 

 

Page 8 of 11 [ 156 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:09 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 47

Posts: 291

Joined: 16th Jul 2012

Ride: BA Ford Falcon V8 Ute

Location: Caloundra
QLD, Australia

67RCE wrote:
Not as much as you think.

do not tell me that rely that hard to get it of the line :oops: i will also use a small converter about 2200-2400 rpm
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:11 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 47

Posts: 291

Joined: 16th Jul 2012

Ride: BA Ford Falcon V8 Ute

Location: Caloundra
QLD, Australia

thats not to far away
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

gunna wrote:
67RCE wrote:
Not as much as you think.

do not tell me that rely that hard to get it of the line :oops: i will also use a small converter about 2200-2400 rpm


You have the benefit of being Auto, but they really need tramp rods/Caltracs. Luckily, we have a setup that the builder of this engine has tested, which we are replicating, BUT it doesnt change that we are running a manual without a slipper clutch.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 22

Posts: 3347

Joined: 19th Dec 2008

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

Location: Farleigh
QLD, Australia

67RCE wrote:
gunna wrote:
67RCE wrote:
Not as much as you think.

do not tell me that rely that hard to get it of the line :oops: i will also use a small converter about 2200-2400 rpm


You have the benefit of being Auto, but they really need tramp rods/Caltracs. Luckily, we have a setup that the builder of this engine has tested, which we are replicating, BUT it doesnt change that we are running a manual without a slipper clutch.


revlimiter clutch dumps? don't let fear stop you

 

_________________

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
Image
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

mitchell g wrote:
67RCE wrote:
gunna wrote:
67RCE wrote:
Not as much as you think.

do not tell me that rely that hard to get it of the line :oops: i will also use a small converter about 2200-2400 rpm


You have the benefit of being Auto, but they really need tramp rods/Caltracs. Luckily, we have a setup that the builder of this engine has tested, which we are replicating, BUT it doesnt change that we are running a manual without a slipper clutch.


revlimiter clutch dumps? don't let fear stop you


Not on a run for a time. When this hits PC it will be clutch dump central.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 22

Posts: 3347

Joined: 19th Dec 2008

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

Location: Farleigh
QLD, Australia

67RCE wrote:
mitchell g wrote:
67RCE wrote:
gunna wrote:
67RCE wrote:
Not as much as you think.

do not tell me that rely that hard to get it of the line :oops: i will also use a small converter about 2200-2400 rpm


You have the benefit of being Auto, but they really need tramp rods/Caltracs. Luckily, we have a setup that the builder of this engine has tested, which we are replicating, BUT it doesnt change that we are running a manual without a slipper clutch.


revlimiter clutch dumps? don't let fear stop you


Not on a run for a time. When this hits PC it will be clutch dump central.



shouldn't need to dump clutch for wheel spin

 

_________________

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
Image
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

Won't need to clutch dump for wheelspin, but will for instant wheel speed in 2nd or 3rd gear

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:10 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 22

Posts: 3347

Joined: 19th Dec 2008

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

Location: Farleigh
QLD, Australia

lol yeah, line lock 4th ya p***y

 

_________________

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
Image
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:13 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 47

Posts: 291

Joined: 16th Jul 2012

Ride: BA Ford Falcon V8 Ute

Location: Caloundra
QLD, Australia

i do not want to much wheel spin but thats going to be my worst enemy due to tyre restriction for my one tonne ute (have to be c rated tyres 215 60 16 light truck ) they smoke well just no grip .might be a good start to learn how to drift , if thats all the ute is good for . :mrgreen:
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

Wheelspin isn't the aim of this, it's just the outcome.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:39 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 47

Posts: 291

Joined: 16th Jul 2012

Ride: BA Ford Falcon V8 Ute

Location: Caloundra
QLD, Australia

i have seen some control arm that fit just like the rtv have for about $700 and they will fix axel tramp so they say .looks like that you can change the angle of the diff as well so it is adjustable .might go to the wreckers and get the rtv ones and cut them in half and machine the centre out and thread a hardened rod into it so i can adjust it to suit ,and give that a try .
Image

at the moment i have no axel tramp at all ,but that might change when i have more power .just have a look at the white load saver plus that i fitted to my rear leaf springs ,they seem to work ok . the only draw back is that the ute does not squat down on hard acceleration , so i loose traction of the line a lot easier than if it had some adjustable rod fitted to it so i can get the correct diff angle
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

This will be getting a set of Caltracs. No screwing around with hoping we can make a setup the reduces/minimises tramp when there is a setup that will be available soon that is proven to hook up. The test bed is a 570rwkw FG GS ute, that has run 1.5 second 60ft times.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:17 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 47

Posts: 291

Joined: 16th Jul 2012

Ride: BA Ford Falcon V8 Ute

Location: Caloundra
QLD, Australia

that must be like a four link ? but still have leaf springs ? got any links for this mate
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Age: 29

Posts: 4182

Joined: 30th May 2005

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

Location: BrisVegas
QLD, Australia

Not a four link, but a set of bars that run from the diff to the front spring mount to reduce/minimise spring wind up. The company is Bluestreak Performance, and as yet, I don't have a link. They are in the midst of setting up.

 

_________________

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

51TER - DL LTD. Stock.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: Once a blown XR6 ute. Now modular insanity
Posted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:30 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 47

Posts: 291

Joined: 16th Jul 2012

Ride: BA Ford Falcon V8 Ute

Location: Caloundra
QLD, Australia

thanks for that might look it up see if i can find some info
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 8 of 11  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:05 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names