Fordmods Logo

Project EA ( Barra DOHC Conversion ) 

Page 14 of 17 [ 248 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Post subject: Re: Project EA ( Barra DOHC Conversion )
Posted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:11 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: ED Fairmont, 88 XF Ute 351c

QLD, Australia

Duplicate

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

Hey Bayden-hows your beast going?-am changing the speed sensor but can't find the original number/values that we changed in HP Tuners for the speedo in Trans Output P/Rev & Tyre Revs per distance (which from memory changes automatically when you change Trans Output? )haven't got my notes with me(am up north coast) any chance you remember what they were? , cheers Johnny.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 16 images

Ride: EF-XR6/XG-6/XE-V8- project

johnnyeHCF wrote:
Hey Bayden-hows your beast going?-am changing the speed sensor but can't find the original number/values that we changed in HP Tuners for the speedo in Trans Output P/Rev & Tyre Revs per distance (which from memory changes automatically when you change Trans Output? )haven't got my notes with me(am up north coast) any chance you remember what they were? , cheers Johnny.

Forgot your not using a sensor/are you running through the VID-but trans output values are the same anyway hey?

XG DOHC-BARRA 182/Turbo kit/20% Underdrive and BA 4-SPEED + Tiptronic shifter

https://youtube.com/channel/UCaRUQ10of3FlOuSpvfapOtA

Posted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:57 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1988 5spd DOHC EA Falcon S

NSW, Australia

Downloaded a stock tune file from HP tuners repository,

Tire revs : 495.85
Trans Output : 4.21

I'm using my gearbox sensor as the speed source.

Edit : The earth wire connecting battery and body was broken at the relay box, required a new wire... amazing how the simplest things can be overlooked.

Rolling around with a Barra 182 - equipped 1988 EA falcon

http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ ... 27639.html

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:54 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Plug and play wiring looms for the future! - Barra Conversions Australia

Just giving everyone a heads up, I'm currently in the process of creating a business solely based on Barra conversions ( Barra Conversions Australia ) . Simply put, the aim is to make Barra conversions far more affordable and accessible. A website will be constructed with an online store, information, forums and tech docs. Expect slow progress due to working full time.

A general idea of items to be fabricated / sold.

Plug and play wiring looms for various models, drivelines etc... - Aimed to be under $500

Tachometer corrector - Aimed to be around $50

BA - FG PCM flashing to remove PATS / Changing parameters to suit customers needs - $190 Providing own PCM or $240+ Depending on type of PCM sold.

ABS module piggybacking with external driveshaft tachometer to prevent LHM on BF onward PCMs - Price will be figured in the future.

Cruise control adaptations for standard wiring loom - Price yet to be determined

Standard automatic gearbox shifter adaption ( May have DIY switches for custom sequential shifting ) - Price yet to be determined)

Perhaps if the idea works out in the future, Kit forms of sale will be available to bring both pricing and part finding time down.

Until the website and business financials are constructed, the only service to offer at this point in time will be PCM flashing / PATS removal ( Contact me via PM, providing circumstantial details ).

Once the funds and time are available, I will begin work on the plug and play wiring looms ( Will come with all electronics needed to run said Barra, along with installation instructions ).

Starting small :D

Posted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:29 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Going turbo!

As of recent, I have struck an opportunity of a turbo conversion... Turbo Barra!

This is what had been picked up today, Ba Xr6t Barra (200xxx kms), It currently has no turbo, injectors, alternator, power steering pump, belt or loom, etc... Total cost : $350 Including an Xr6 Cluster, not bad.

Being a local pickup, I got to ask one of the most obvious questions, did it run? Quite well apparently, merely based off of an assumption and opportunity, I bought it without much hesitation. Being a daily most of it's life, engine crud isn't a surprise, will need a thorough de-grease. A compression test will commence tomorrow also, I'm hoping it's within the " Usable " range.

The plan is to use a BF PCM, yes... Only due to wanting use of a Zf6. I'm unsure whether or not a BF OS can be flashed into a BA PCM without hardware differential causing any issues, would be interesting however not worth the risk.

If the compression test is a somewhat success, gasket replacement will commence, along with additional necessary turbo parts to make everything work, hopefully putting the total cost under $3000. To be pure sleeper spec, an automatic, center console will be installed.

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:48 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Compression results appear good

Threw on the old bell housing, flex plate and starter motor today... Compression results seem Okay

Pot 1 : 175 psi
Pot 2 : 165 psi
Pot 3 : 160 psi
Pot 4 : 160 psi
Pot 5 : 180 psi
Pot 6 : 180 psi

Perhaps the engine is use-able, time to throw parts at it.

Most gaskets
Injectors
Rear and front seals
Standard turbo
Aftermarket turbo oil feed line
Small intercooler and piping
Gearbox
Engine and gearbox loom
Replace vacuum hoses
Front idler and tensioner pulley noisy bearings
Turbo relative fuel pump
spark plugs ( are over 100xxx kms old ) Had the original coils!

Among other things as well, it may get pricey.

Posted: Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: ED Fairmont Ghia

QLD, Australia

Nice work on going turbo.

Ive contemplated it many times. But curious to see what I can get out of it N/A. Thinking a low 13.

ED Fairmont, Ghia mock DOHC-T 11.6 @ 118 Trying to get back to the 1/4!

Posted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:45 pm 
Smokin em up

NSW, Australia

Turbo conversion update

Finally got around to finding a turbocharger, thankfully a local sale. While setting me back $650 for the turbo, it has zero signs of any shaft play whatsoever... Woohoo! I will be installing an aftermarket braided oil feed line.

Automatic shifter face vs console?

I was concerned whether or not an automatic shifter would fit within my console, I did however discover that the console actually suits both automatic and manual application... Who knew :roll: Also appears to be a shifter illumination globe already part of the loom, hiding underneath. As one may notice, the console itself has seen better days, will have to be sanded and painted a darker shade.

The economy button will be used to initiate sportshift mode, where the high beam flash and the wash bottle / wiper arm are going to be utilized as the shifters ( Sleeper paddle shifters? lol ) It will be a part of a module I'm making, will finish and document after engine installation etc...

Now seeing as I'm going to be using an EB automatic shifter, there will be no cabling, just a mechanical linkage. Unfortunately using the BA gearbox means abit of stuffing about, I've taken the gearbox shifter arm off of the passenger side, and used some " love taps " to install the arm on the drivers side of the shaft. Will need to drill and tap the shaft itself for a rather small bolt to secure the arm against a plastic bush. The linkage itself will need to be cut and tweaked in order to work correctly, this will be done with the gearbox in the car.

Posted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:03 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: '03 BA & '06 BF Wagooons

VIC, Australia

GrannyFalcon82 wrote:
Plug and play wiring looms for the future! - Barra Conversions Australia

Just giving everyone a heads up, I'm currently in the process of creating a business solely based on Barra conversions ( Barra Conversions Australia ) . Simply put, the aim is to make Barra conversions far more affordable and accessible. A website will be constructed with an online store, information, forums and tech docs. Expect slow progress due to working full time.

A general idea of items to be fabricated / sold.

Plug and play wiring looms for various models, drivelines etc... - Aimed to be under $500

Tachometer corrector - Aimed to be around $50

BA - FG PCM flashing to remove PATS / Changing parameters to suit customers needs - $190 Providing own PCM or $240+ Depending on type of PCM sold.

ABS module piggybacking with external driveshaft tachometer to prevent LHM on BF onward PCMs - Price will be figured in the future.

Cruise control adaptations for standard wiring loom - Price yet to be determined

Standard automatic gearbox shifter adaption ( May have DIY switches for custom sequential shifting ) - Price yet to be determined)

Perhaps if the idea works out in the future, Kit forms of sale will be available to bring both pricing and part finding time down.

Until the website and business financials are constructed, the only service to offer at this point in time will be PCM flashing / PATS removal ( Contact me via PM, providing circumstantial details ).

Once the funds and time are available, I will begin work on the plug and play wiring looms ( Will come with all electronics needed to run said Barra, along with installation instructions ).

Starting small :D

so hows it going with ya bis?? have finally bought a BA for myself . . . . parts only so will most likely need some 'advice' lol :roll:

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: eb ford falcon ghia

NSW, Australia

nice man, gotta love that $400 ba you scored. my old eb motors bottom end is going and i been thinking of putting a ba motor and gear box into it. the mottor and tran will bolt into the eb no problem is that right?

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:06 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
nice man, gotta love that $400 ba you scored. my old eb motors bottom end is going and i been thinking of putting a ba motor and gear box into it. the mottor and tran will bolt into the eb no problem is that right?

think you need ta read the links i gave you re fitting motor/box ... also if you had gone thru these pages you would have seen what was done to the 'K' member - http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/project-ea-barra-dohc-conversion-t127639-30.html

box may need an 'adaption' re rear mount :mrgreen:

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hahaha finnaly get how the forums work.. Sorry but i just stared in the forums.. Wish i could delete my last post... been going over the pages the last couple of days and very detailed info man, it helps me allot with what i want to to do. Im still abit unsure whats going on with the wiring loom and computer set up but il get it. i also watch the video links and the car looks beast with the ba motor in it, that 0 to 100. haha very nice.

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:50 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

jumpingjak wrote:
hahaha finnaly get how the forums work.. Sorry but i just stared in the forums..

no probs mate :mrgreen: .. i still stuff up . . . . sometimes :lol:

jumpingjak wrote:
been going over the pages the last couple of days and very detailed info man, it helps me allot with what i want to to do. Im still abit unsure whats going on with the wiring loom and computer set up but il get it. i also watch the video links and the car looks beast with the ba motor in it, that 0 to 100. haha very nice.

yeah i'm same with what exactly is the go with the looms, i'll get around to stripping the EB sedan here & then i'll bring a BA home to play with :wink:

Posted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:57 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

haha ye same here.. Is the idea of the loom thing to use the ba loom from the computer and us the eb cluster conetions and link them to the ba loom? or am i way off

Sort by  
 Page 14 of 17  [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next