Fordmods Logo

REW93N's EL Ghia is now a 5sp M '95 EF XR8! 

 

Page 4 of 29 [ 433 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next

 
 Post subject: Re: REW93N's EL Fairmont Ghia.
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

EVL098 wrote:
Just because the guy at the wreckers is a prick doesnt give you the right to go hocking s**t.
Same as the theroy of if its fits in your pocket its free. That is just being a low life scabby theif.
Its people having this outlook that pushes prices up for people who get their parts honestly.
If someone was to come and pinch the parts off your car that you had pinched yourself would you be of the theroythat its ok they fitted in their pocket or would the person who did it be the lowest form of life on the planet?

I know what you mean,
and I know it's unfair to most people,
but I guess I just thought "oh well, it's just some gauge needles"

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: REW93N's EL Fairmont Ghia.
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:44 pm 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 25

Posts: 398

Joined: 16th May 2010

Ride: 2010 G6E

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

yeah C*** will be C*** and i know what you mean but im talking 10amp fuses and relays lol.
I myself, sure i have that outlook, yet i never actually do anything like that, and i mean, its not like doors and window trims fit in my pocket, they've made and will continue to make their profit off me.
Oh and Russel, your pic didn't work.

 

_________________

be good or be good at it.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: REW93N's EL Fairmont Ghia.
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

teeroy wrote:
yeah C*** will be C*** and i know what you mean but im talking 10amp fuses and relays lol.
I myself, sure i have that outlook, yet i never actually do anything like that, and i mean, its not like doors and window trims fit in my pocket, they've made and will continue to make their profit off me.
Oh and Russel, your pic didn't work.

What pic was that, mate?

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: REW93N's EL Fairmont Ghia.
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:34 pm 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 214

Joined: 19th Jul 2009

Ride: Ford EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

hey mate nice car and we r mesh grille mates haha, just wondering if u hooked up the fog lights to ur parkers yet? and if you did how did u do so?

im no guru with electrics so jus seeing how easy it is to do

cheers,

nath
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: REW93N's EL Fairmont Ghia.
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

Nathanhrv wrote:
hey mate nice car and we r mesh grille mates haha, just wondering if u hooked up the fog lights to ur parkers yet? and if you did how did u do so?

im no guru with electrics so jus seeing how easy it is to do

cheers,

nath

Hey mate,
I booked them in to be done next Wednesday at the auto sparky, because Im not too crash hot with the electrical side of things either. He said you can splice them straight to the parker lines, but you can risk blowing your headlight switch. So I got him to add a relay to take the load off the circuit.

And yeah, chrome mesh grille mod for the win.

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: REW93N's EL Fairmont Ghia.
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline

Posts: 534

Joined: 14th Oct 2007

Gallery: 8 images

Location: newcastle
NSW, Australia

hey nice monty keep it up!
love the colour the tail lights the grill it also sounds alright too
i had one the same colour ,similar mesh grill r.i.p (see my gallery)
i have found eucalyptus oil and an old towel is the best/safest/quickest way to remove pinstripe glue. if you havent already got em off .
cheers Mystro
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: REW93N's EL Fairmont Ghia.
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

mystro wrote:
hey nice monty keep it up!
love the colour the tail lights the grill it also sounds alright too
i had one the same colour ,similar mesh grill r.i.p (see my gallery)
i have found eucalyptus oil and an old towel is the best/safest/quickest way to remove pinstripe glue. if you havent already got em off .
cheers Mystro

Cheers Mystro,
I was thinking about taking off the pinstripes, but decided to leave them on until I see how this white vinyl looks on the handles...
I know it will probably look craap, and if it does I'll take them off.

Thanks,
REW93N

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: REW93N's EL Fairmont Ghia.
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:16 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline

Age: 60

Posts: 6817

Joined: 22nd Jun 2005

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EF Fairmont

Location: Campbelltown
NSW, Australia

REW93N wrote:
mystro wrote:
hey nice monty keep it up!
love the colour the tail lights the grill it also sounds alright too
i had one the same colour ,similar mesh grill r.i.p (see my gallery)
i have found eucalyptus oil and an old towel is the best/safest/quickest way to remove pinstripe glue. if you havent already got em off .
cheers Mystro

Cheers Mystro,
I was thinking about taking off the pinstripes, but decided to leave them on until I see how this white vinyl looks on the handles...
I know it will probably look craap, and if it does I'll take them off.

Thanks,
REW93N


If you know it will look crap (and it will) why do it. If you want white door handles, get a white set and fit them. FMR what is happening to the Modification scene.
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: REW93N's EL Fairmont Ghia.
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

SWC wrote:
REW93N wrote:
mystro wrote:
hey nice monty keep it up!
love the colour the tail lights the grill it also sounds alright too
i had one the same colour ,similar mesh grill r.i.p (see my gallery)
i have found eucalyptus oil and an old towel is the best/safest/quickest way to remove pinstripe glue. if you havent already got em off .
cheers Mystro

Cheers Mystro,
I was thinking about taking off the pinstripes, but decided to leave them on until I see how this white vinyl looks on the handles...
I know it will probably look craap, and if it does I'll take them off.

Thanks,
REW93N


If you know it will look crap (and it will) why do it. If you want white door handles, get a white set and fit them. FMR what is happening to the Modification scene.

Yeah, didn't do it.
I've done all four chrome windows trims from the NF Fairlane,
Pics up soon.

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: REW93N's EL Fairmont Ghia.
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

Installed the two remaining rear chrome strips:
Image
Image

I just hacksaw'd the excess after measuring the fairlane chrome trim against the stock trim that I was replacing, and used the cap that buts to the rear window panel off the ones I was replacing.
Looks good in my opinion,
Reps to Teeroy for the idea and advice.

There's not many Fairmont's around that have it done, and that is what I want every mod to be.

Cheers,
REW93N.

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: REW93N's EL Fairmont Ghia. (Now with more chrome!)
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

Made up some custom dials with the help of Data_mine,
Image
Going to put them on with the new Green SMDLEDs that I won from Futuraclassic.
Thanks mate.

Getting my rear muffler replaced with 2.5" pipe and that new tip put on tomorrow morning. Also planning on removing the pinstripes down either side. And with that white vinyl I scored, I'm going to try and wrap the black dash cover (the plastic that has the econ, cruise, warning lamps etc on it. Hopefully it's not too thick, but I'll give it a crack.... excuse the pun.)
After all that I'll post pictures, maybe sometime soon...

Also bought 5 metres of the SMDLED 5050's from Hong Kong.... Hopefully they'll get out here within the next 6 months. I'll be using them as a boot light, and in the foot wells. (Like Timmy's ED)

Cheers,
REW93N

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: REW93N's EL Fairmont Ghia. (Now with more chrome!)
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:14 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

Due to my wallet being lost, and therefore my license...
I have to wait until everything is renewed.
Phucking pain in the a***.

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: REW93N's EL Fairmont Ghia. (Now with more chrome!)
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:19 am 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 214

Joined: 19th Jul 2009

Ride: Ford EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

cars lookn great mate, and those custom dials look awesome, did u make them yourself?
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: REW93N's EL Fairmont Ghia. (Now with more chrome!)
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:20 am 
Smokin em up
Offline

Age: 27

Posts: 214

Joined: 19th Jul 2009

Ride: Ford EL Fairmont Ghia

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

and how so? id love a set of those they look great
Top
 Profile  
 
 
 Post subject: Re: REW93N's EL Fairmont Ghia. (Now with more chrome!)
Posted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:31 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 24

Posts: 1006

Joined: 1st Oct 2010

Gallery: 14 images

Ride: EF XR8

Location: Richmond,
NSW, Australia

Thanks Nath,
Yeah I made them up on Photoshop.
Data_mine gave me these template to use for the EF/EL.
All I did was make the background a pure black (originally I was going to do white, but it can't work with paper as nothing lights up properly) and just fixed up the ford/farimont ghia/tickford logos. It took me all up probably about 2 hours to do everything carefully.

I can make one up for you, if you'd like. Its rather simple aye,

Cheers,
REW93N

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

 

_________________

Blue blooded.

Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 4 of 29  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 29  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:02 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names