Fordmods Logo

Ryan's EL Tickford Build! - Fairmont Front Fitted! 

Page 5 of 7 [ 101 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post subject: Re: Ryan's 1998 LPG EL Futura Build! - Tickford installed!
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:03 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: 1998 EL Ford Futura

VIC, Australia

So two weeks ago I got my hybrid tickford 6 with trans installed to match the 3.45LSD I put in earlier :P . Runs great, noticeably different to standard and worth the upgrade in my opinion. Took it to a trip to Melbourne and just got back with no hiccups. Almost ready for its first 5000km service already after already having done 3000km :o .

Here are heaps pictures!

Out with the yucky old.

Cleaning up the K-Frame, getting rid of some surface rust and a fresh coat of paint.

In with the new!

Overall it only took a few days to pull the old engine and trans out and put the new one in. Fairly straight forward with minimal problems. Very happy with how nice it looks, all very shiny and proud to say not one oil leak!

Next is to do something about the rear shocks as it's bouncing all over the place at the moment and possibly fix up my headlining as im getting over the thumb-tac fix.

MY BUILD:
- Oxford Green 1998 EL Ford Futura. Hybrid EL Tickford Engine. 3.45 LSD Diff. DL LTD Interior. Cruise Climate Trip HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Image~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post subject: Re: Ryan's 1998 LPG EL Futura Build! - Tickford installed!
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:41 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: EL Wagon, DF LTD

VIC, Australia

ryanpatrick42 wrote:
So two weeks ago I got my hybrid tickford 6 with trans installed to match the 3.45LSD I put in earlier :P . Runs great, noticeably different to standard and worth the upgrade in my opinion. Took it to a trip to Melbourne and just got back with no hiccups. Almost ready for its first 5000km service already after already having done 3000km :o .

Here are heaps pictures!

Out with the yucky old.

Cleaning up the K-Frame, getting rid of some surface rust and a fresh coat of paint.

In with the new!

Overall it only took a few days to pull the old engine and trans out and put the new one in. Fairly straight forward with minimal problems. Very happy with how nice it looks, all very shiny and proud to say not one oil leak!

Next is to do something about the rear shocks as it's bouncing all over the place at the moment and possibly fix up my headlining as im getting over the thumb-tac fix.

Looks very nice mate. But it still has a BTR on the end of it? What's the go there haha. That's gotta be next on the list, now that you've got the ticky head and LSD?

The gene pool could do with a little bit of chlorine...

Post subject: Re: Ryan's 1998 LPG EL Futura Build! - Tickford Running Gear!
Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Awesome job, looks really mint with all the fresh paint 8-)

How did you fit the engine in with the alternator bracket on? When I did my swap it was catching on the front of the bay..

EL Ghia

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:13 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

T5 will be going in a little later on down the track, maybe with a turbo and some head work? :roll: For now I'm happy leaving it Auto. :)

And putting it all in with the alternator bracket still attatched was easy. Didn't cause any problems putting it in or taking the old one out. Maybe it was the angle that I put mine in at? :?

MY BUILD:
- Oxford Green 1998 EL Ford Futura. Hybrid EL Tickford Engine. 3.45 LSD Diff. DL LTD Interior. Cruise Climate Trip HERE

Posted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: el fairmont ghia

QLD, Australia

TyLeR3397 wrote:
Awesome job, looks really mint with all the fresh paint 8-)

How did you fit the engine in with the alternator bracket on? When I did my swap it was catching on the front of the bay..

big angle and twisting it around, mine car out as a full motor going back the same

Muts EL Fairmont Ghia
did someone call 9 1 HOLY s**t?

Posted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:51 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

So i've signed a new lease in Melbourne finally! :twisted: So i'm in the process of packing and moving all my stuff from NSW to Melbourne and I came across some interesting paper work about my car! I thought it was pretty cool to have these so I thought i'd share. :lol:

Looks like all of the 'Total Care Treatments' were carried out! I also figured out that I am the 4th owner. You guys will have to help me join some worth while clubs around Melbourne and i'm looking at a respray too soon so i'll be doing my research on who knows their stuff! :D

MY BUILD:

Posted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:34 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

The other day I noticed some transmission oil was leaking out of the rear seal, and since the seal was new, I checked out the extension housing bush and it was shot.

I bought the Extensions Housing Kit from Bursons Auto Parts for $24.70 which included the Bush, New Seal and Gasket. It only took around an hour to remove the housing and then a little longer to remove the old bush with a chisel. I then took it to an Auto Repair shop with a press to press in the new bush and seal, costing me $15. Another 1 and a half hours and it's all back together, better than ever!

Total job cost me $39.70 and took no more than 3 hours.

Next on the list of things to do over the next few days is to pull the dash out and fit the fairmont ghia dash wiring loom, and hook up the climate control and trip computer. Then that'll pretty much finish off my interior, ready to do some more exterior mods and some power mods. :D

MY BUILD:

Posted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:25 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

So today I started the super fun task of adding all the Fairmont Ghia goodies to my dash :D . I managed to get my whole dash out within around 3 hours, which isn't too bad. It's pretty basic once you know how. There's only around 12 or so bolts securing it to the firewall.

Tomorrow I'll hopefully get most of it, if not all of it all connected up and i'll have working climate control, Trip Computer, Electric Ariel and Footwell Lights. Yay! :lol:

Here are some pics!

[Image

The dash finally out!

New Ghia wiring loom::twisted:

MY BUILD:

Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:00 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

With all the Tickford running gear in and working along with the fairmont Ghia dash with added goodies like Climate Control, Trip Computer and Floor Lights along with electric antenna controlled by the Ghia BCM my car is finally starting to look and feel the way I originally planned it to.

Today I decided to have a go at improving the top part of my rear bar, as you would all know the EF EL's are now known to fade and deteriorate the quickest on the top part of the rear bar! So here are some pictures of my efforts today. Unfortunately I don't have any before pics, but it was getting pretty bad. Polished back to plastic in places, flacking clear coat and paint in others.

This is what it looks like now! I'm yet to sand back and polish the clear in 48 hours time.

Sanded down with plastic primer surfacer:

Finished colour coats:

Finished result as it is now!

MY BUILD:

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:07 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford EL Falcon

VIC, Australia

Please tell me you modded your heatbox or swapped the heaterbox for a climate one.

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:13 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

What do you mean modded my heaterbox? If you're referring to fitting the Fan Speedo Controller instead of the Resistor Block etc, then yeah?

MY BUILD:

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:16 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ford EL Falcon

VIC, Australia

Yeah. Good stuff matey! Doing really well with it.

Almost a mock of mine ;)

Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:22 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

superhuS! wrote:
Yeah. Good stuff matey! Doing really well with it.

Almost a mock of mine ;)

Thanks man :D !

Absolutely love your EL it's my favourite E series out there. :lol:

MY BUILD:

Posted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:29 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Just booked in for some window tint at Tint A Car, finally! I'm looking at getting Octane as I've read a lot of good reviews, and it's the darkest legal tint too, I don't want anything illegal. Anyone on here had any past experiences with Octane Tint on their Ford?

MY BUILD:

Post subject: Re: Ryan's EL Tickford Build! - Tint Time!
Posted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:24 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Octane Window Tint, which is the darkest legal tint is now all done and i'm very pleased with the results. Looks very nice and I don't personally see the point of going any darker if it's going to be illegal as this tint seems quite dark and dark enough for me!

Have a look for yourself. :)

Note the commodore next to it with no tint to compare.

Also how do you think it would look with chrome dress trims on the black chasers?

MY BUILD:

Sort by  
 Page 5 of 7  [ 101 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next