Sam's EF 1995 fairmont. 

Page 1 of 14 [ 206 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next

Post subject: Sam's EF 1995 fairmont.
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:09 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 1995 Fairmont 5 Speed

VIC, Australia

Though I'd start my own build thread so hear goes...

I drive a 1995 EF Gli sedan Auto that I have owned for just about two years now and it has been my money pit ever since. She had done 218000 when i bought it off a mate's oldest brother who is a mechanic that had replaced the head gasket, hoses, and from memory maybe the radiator. Was stock standard apart from super lows in the front and lows in the rear (king springs) and still had the standard hubcaps.

Heres a pic of how i bought it...

Put a 2-1/2" cat back on it a little while later.
Next thing i did to it was buy a pair of pioneer 3-way 6" splits for it. Previous owner had put an older pioneer unit in and pioneer 2-ways in the parcel shelf. I replaced the existing 2-ways in the shelf with the new speakers, and put the 2-ways in the doors.
Then there was the Kenwood Sub and amp installation to get a bit better sound through the car.
Next i bought some brand new Rockford Fosgate - FanaticX FNX2614 6-1/2 splits off a mate that he couldn't fit in his VT Commonwhore, which took some f**k around to install but i made them fit. then installed a rockford fosgate P400-4 for the components and new pioneer unit.

Then got my hands on some clear tail lights...

Have installed full power windows and 20% tint and manual conversion but ill run through those details at a later date but here are some more recent photos of my pride and joy...

Will be posting more stuff up as time goes on... :D

Cheers.
Sam.

FOR SALE: EBII TICKFORD HEAD. Pm me :)
TOONGABBIE MOTORSPORTS
FAIRMONT 5 SPEED BUILD THREAD: http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sam-s-ef-new-car-1995-fairmont-t92322.html
FOR SALE: ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-things-that-need-to-go-eseries-bits-t100455.html

Last edited by sams_missen1604 on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:05 pm, edited 20 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Sam's EF
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

nice ef mate. i like how its changed alot from the grandpa spec lol
good work. the gold el gt's look good with the blue paint

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Post subject: Re: Sam's EF. Soon to be converted to manual ;)
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:34 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
nice ef mate. i like how its changed alot from the grandpa spec lol
good work. the gold el gt's look good with the blue paint

thanks mate yours aint too shabby neither. :)
I've had mixed comments on the wheel colour/car colour mix but reckon it looks mad. 8-)

I just put the standard tail lights back in instead of the clears i had but I'm still undecided :?

TOONGABBIE MOTORSPORTS
FAIRMONT 5 SPEED BUILD THREAD: http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/sam-s-ef-new-car-1995-fairmont-t92322.html
FOR SALE: ford-parts-for-sale-f17/fs-things-that-need-to-go-eseries-bits-t100455.html

Last edited by sams_missen1604 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yeh mines not too bad !a few scratches and dints which really lets the car down :( lol
its a real sleeper tho, goes good with the cam, im turbo'n it soon so itll be a massive sleeper.
yeh i reckon those tail light look good depending on what colour your car is, they go good with a white falcon. or grey imo

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:53 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

yeah dints and scratches are no good! mines got plenty. haha plenty of shopping bag marks on the boot and the like... what cam you running mate? i got an EB XR6 head to go on mine that i'll be getting worked and i want to get the most out of it without having to tune. And currently being a manual i want it to go reasonably hard :D

TOONGABBIE MOTORSPORTS

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

i have a wade 1673 regind with no mods at all, except ba xr6t snorkle, and i also have a electronic shift kitted auto, the idle occasionally hunts but only by 100 or 200 rpm if that, the cam goes good gives a hard kick when it its about 2500rpm and keeps pulling till about 5000rpm, with extractors and sports exhaust id imagine it would go better and harder.
but im going turbo so obviously getting extractors is pointless, but yeh if your looking into gettin a 1673 it goes fine without a tune or other mods, but obviously to get the most out of the cam these mods are needed!
cheers

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:11 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
i have a wade 1673 regind with no mods at all, except ba xr6t snorkle, and i also have a electronic shift kitted auto, the idle occasionally hunts but only by 100 or 200 rpm if that, the cam goes good gives a hard kick when it its about 2500rpm and keeps pulling till about 5000rpm, with extractors and sports exhaust id imagine it would go better and harder.
but im going turbo so obviously getting extractors is pointless, but yeh if your looking into gettin a 1673 it goes fine without a tune or other mods, but obviously to get the most out of the cam these mods are needed!
cheers

had er' on the dyno? how much did the cam set ya back? haha watch out for the boys in blue! :lol:

TOONGABBIE MOTORSPORTS

Post subject: Re: Sam's EF Build
Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:21 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

nah havnt had her on the dyno id like to tho :)

i brought the cam from a member on here for $120 + $10 postage.
but you can send your cam away to wade and theyll regrind it and send it back to you.. i got a quote from them but i forget how much it was,
i found the pm from wade cams it was $151 to grind a cam +postage, price depending on where you live

yeh the boys in blue , hopefully my car wont cause too much cop attention, its looks stock and i cant see why they'd wanna look under my bonnet anyway unless they heard it spool or something, but ill drive it easy and not drive like an idiot and bring attention to myself lol
but where i live i preety good , i barely ever get hasseled my cops, how are cops down ur way ???

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:41 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

they are becoming more and more active... numerous times melbourne coppers have come down to traralgon, near where i live, and been doing blitzes locking C*** away for stupid s**t, also searching cars and doing breatho's and that. all in which have been taking place friday and saturday nights for the last month or so. but im lucky enough not to be pulled over. :D

but the last time i did get pulled over i had worked back and by the time i left work it was dark and i just happened to pull out in front of a divvy van. but as soon as i turned onto the highway he flashed his drama lights at me so i cooperated and pulled over, did breatho on me and walked around the car 2 or 3 times and decided to look under the hood for f**k knows what reason. A week previous to that i had f**k unroadworthy tyres but got new ones on the 17's. THANK CHRIST! cos im pretty sure thats a major canary on the windscreen. I lied about my passenger driving light that had been out for weeks to "i just notice it happened this morning on the way to work". haha And off i went. :D

TOONGABBIE MOTORSPORTS

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yeh atm its double demerits as you would know . i got pulled over yesterday, they didnt even ask for my licence, and dont ask me how i didnt get defected, my exhaust is chopped affter the cat with one box, its on ultras so probs illegal height, i had one stockie cause i got a flat lol, my dash is in pieces with wires everywhere cause im spaying it,,,agian lol plus i had foggies turned on, but they told me to switch them off , so i was lucky :)

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:57 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

yeah i dont know how some C*** get away with some of that s**t! haha ive driven around heaps when i had door trims and console out and power windows that hadnt been connected up yet being half way through a power window conversion haha

TOONGABBIE MOTORSPORTS

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:00 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

yeh ive been lucky so far not getting a defect or losing my licence, and thats how i wanna keep it lol

El XR6 Turbo

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:06 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Falcon Monti

NSW, Australia

ive driven my car with only the drivers seat, no carpet, no dash, no center console, just bolted the steering rack up and drove down to supercheap for some auto wire

BANNED USER

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:52 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

More pics... bit dirty but oh well.

Attachment:
IMG_0397.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_0392.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_0398.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_0396.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_0399.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TOONGABBIE MOTORSPORTS

Posted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 6:01 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Attachment:
IMG_0395.jpg

Attachment:
IMG_0394.jpg

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

TOONGABBIE MOTORSPORTS

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 14  [ 206 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next