skidder's (soon to be less) ugly manual irs AU 

Page 9 of 9 [ 133 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post subject: Re: skidder's (soon to be less) ugly manual irs AU
Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Minor update, now running P Zero 235 fronts and still the RE050A 255 backs. Pretty impressed with the Pirellis so far. Also put in all of my stereo gear this afternoon and will get some pics later this week.

Will definately be getting my new suspension put in asap, after putting on these wheels/tyres sits a bit higher than the 225/50/16's that were on it..and I am scared of heights. Front is currently on hold as trying to track down a TE/TS50 grille or sort out how I could go about making one.

PS...for anyone considering painting their wheels F*CK that. My hands are still screwed from hand sanding each of those puppies. Pay someone to sandblast/powdercoat.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:21 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF daily, xc project

NSW, Australia

what wheels are they,

ef falcon daily driver
78 xc falcon 500 project
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/bradley4567-s-xc-t83750.html

calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist'

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:52 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

BA fairmont ones from memory? Or maybe off a Ghia? I only got them because they had the back two tyres already attached (brand new) and were a steal at $285 off ebay. I would much rather the Azzuro's...

In saying that I have kind of grown attached since they went black.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

LMAOO looks like a boat with them 17's lol clean car thought. quick question do people preffer the irs or live axle?

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

I haven't driven a live axle AU, but this car s**t all over my old EL for handling (stock, then superlows and Boge shocks) even at 4wd height in the a**.

Negatives are obviously the weight of IRS (regarding straight line acceleration) and the fact I have been advised the half shafts have a tendancy to die with anything more than an LSD (i.e. 4wd systems lokka). With a t5 and 3.45's weight isn't much of a problem though (let alone more engine work).

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

skidder wrote:
I haven't driven a live axle AU, but this car s**t all over my old EL for handling (stock, then superlows and Boge shocks) even at 4wd height in the a**.

Negatives are obviously the weight of IRS (regarding straight line acceleration) and the fact I have been advised the half shafts have a tendancy to die with anything more than an LSD (i.e. 4wd systems lokka). With a t5 and 3.45's weight isn't much of a problem though (let alone more engine work).

1.8 Sec 60ft and a 14.2@97mph in my AU XR8 says that the weight doesn't really have much of an effect. The half shafts though, are like melted butter.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yep, I never realised noticed much of a difference compared to other falcons I have driven. Wasn't sure if I could use my 'pants' reasoning though 8-)

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:04 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Not sure if anyone remembers my sound system set up from my old car, but am running it pretty similar in the current one. I properly secured the box in today, as well as panel which my amp sits on. Plan is to make a flat shelf going back from where the support is in the picture below and cover it in carpet. The reason I have it set up this way is so I can still get to the spare!

One thing that has p****d me off, realised today that a voice coil on my sub isn't working. As it has been in my house for 2 years or so now not used is the possibility that it could have been dropped (or damaged when I wrote off the old car). So going to have to look at getting a new 12" dvc sub soonish. Who has suggestions? Looking at spending around $300 or so and my amp is 580wrms at 2ohm.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Well I'm not driving at the moment due to dark forces conspiring against me, so thought I should stop procrastinating about fitting my new springs struts...just got one side done in the rear and guard sits about 1" above the tyre.

Going to try and get the other side done tonight/tomorrow arvo, but leave for LA early Monday so it may have to wait. Fitting new gear to my car vs 2 weeks skiing followed by Vegas...hard choices :lol:

And my other new toy

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:30 pm 
Technical Contributor

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 96 XH/97 EL

NSW, Australia

See if you can win up big at the Blackjack - then get yourself a trolley jack.
Seeing that scissors jack under there makes me cringe big time.

BTW, have fun in Vegas - there's slot machines everywhere, even at the airport.
Truly amazing.

96 XH Longreach 'S': LPG, Alarm, 3.23:1 LSD, Cruise, Trip Comp, ABS, Power Windows, Mid Series Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl
97 EL Futura S/W: LPG, Alarm, LED int Lts, Trip Comp, F/Lane Dome Lt, Climate Ctrl, T5 Conversion

Posted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah the scissor jacks are a pain in the a**! I only had it holding up the LCA for any extended period (car on stands). Everything aside from the necessities is at my parents though - my housemates are great but don't trust some of the kents they have over.

I'm a little scared about Vegas...I'm a bit of a shocker on the piss.

Ash I'll have to check it out. We have a few days in each of San Fran, Vegas and LA so I should find one somewhere...between all my ski gear and clothes only got a few kg's to play with :(

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Sweet, I better not spend all my money in Vegas then :lol:

Quickly got the otherside done this afternoon, so now the rear is all done. End result:

I didn't realise how much lower it was until I opened the boot and realised how low it sat compared to before. For s**t and giggles lowered it without the springs to see how far you can go before there's interference. Below is as low as the jack would go (2"), but pretty sure you could get it laying on the ground without he control arms hitting anything. :D Airbags anyone?

Will do the front when I get back Feb 15.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

So....may have bought a 2006 4x4 Hilux to coincide with being able to drive again.

Taking offers on the AU as is...otherwise will be ebayed once I get through this lot of uni exams.

EVL098 wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 9 of 9  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9