skidder's (soon to be less) ugly manual irs AU 

Page 1 of 9 [ 133 posts ] Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

Post subject: skidder's (soon to be less) ugly manual irs AU
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:53 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: FG MkII Xr6t Ute

QLD, Australia

Okay, so I found an AU falcon 's' that was second owner, full log books, 141xxxkm and generally looks like it just rolled off the production line. Was pretty stoked.

I picked it up yesterday, and after having a better look realised something when I got home:

As far as I knew, only VCT's, ghia's and t series AU's had irs? This one is just a falcon 's', and had a tickford plate, but only for the bodykit.

Weird.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

AU,factory fitted tickford kit/IRS, t5,Sports ryder/KYB: gone.

Last edited by skidder on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:48 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: skidder's new car.
Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Quote:
Fairmont Ghia, XR6 VCT, XR8 - Fully independent double wishbone suspension (IRS), optional on all other sedans
Falcon S - Tickford sports suspension, optional on all other models (not available with IRS)

From Ford.... So.... IRS was optional across the board, except for S models... which you have, which also has IRS.
Maybe you havent got an original S ?

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Now I've seen that quote the way I read it is that you could option your car with either package (ie sports suspension or IRS), but the S came standard with sports suspension.

I think it is an actual S though - I have log books with the last owner having owned it for 6 years, and he was 55 lol. It makes sense that it has IRS in this case - had factory optioned tint, heavy duty towbar, bonnet and weathershields, 16in alloys and it would seem IRS. I just wasn't aware you could get IRS on any sedan, thanks for clarifying.

Anyway, onto the fun part. First it will be getting some new audio gear courtesy of my other car (still pulling the last of it out, this is what is out so far): Image

After this it will be getting the 4480's and cat from my other car put on, but will be retaining the exhaust that is on there (2 muffler system - nice and quiet compared to the last one).

After this I will have to wait until I have paid for two new surfboards, as I have a trip overseas coming up soon and they are a necessity, but it will be getting lowered (will sell the gear I intended to use on my EL and buy some new stuff), probably around superlow height.

EVL098 wrote:
Cramping in the hand from having it on your Wang for an excessive period of time is a definate con.
Seriously do people google "f**k up modifications for Fords owned by Jews" and get linked straight to this site nowadays?

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:59 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Hey.

While I am not usually a fan of AUs, that looks like a really nice clean and unique car. Should be a sweet ride when you are done.

Cheers
BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

VIC, Australia

Ive always had a softspot for the S'es....just that little bit more classy than the boring forte....one thing but, I think the ride height isnt standard it looks too high.....set of decent rims and lowered would be all u really need visually

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 18 images

Ride: Envi EF

NSW, Australia

Yeh its got heavy duty/towing springs. She's definitely a 4x4, esp in the a** end lol

>>>EF Futura T build<<<

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

I reckon get one of those havoc front grills and it would look sweet

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

S2/fairmont/XR front for sure. Can we have some interior pics? We recently got an XR6 VCT and im curious about the S.

Audio gear looks good too, I'd like some Hertz and DD gear....

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 8:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Yeah, definately not stock height springs - surprisingly I still feel it handles better than my EL (superlows + boge shocks) even with its height.

Will get some interior pics tomorrow, basically it is black bucket seats with blue/black inserts. Regarding the front end/grill will look into it down the track once it has been dropped.

As for putting my head unit in, if I get the pocket from AU1 forte's there shouldn't be any gap (came stock with double din)? Only asking as I did a search and some of the example I found had some nasty gaps (I'm pretty OCD when it comes to gaps lol).

SLO247 wrote:
Audio gear looks good too, I'd like some Hertz and DD gear....

Yeah, I really want the Hertz Mille gear, heard it in a car a while back and it was mint. At the moment struggling to get my DLS splits out of the drivers door of my old car as it won't open!!!

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Here's some pics of the interior, had to use flash though as was at work all day. Just to confirm there isn't any marks on any of the interior, I just noticed the back drivers seat in the photo looks like it has one with the flash :?

And the relatively clean engine bay:

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:24 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Thats one clean AU you got yourself there skidder :wink:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:38 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Thanks; trust me it took a lot of patience (which at times was worn very thin :lol: ).

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Had to pull the wheels off my old car today as it is getting picked up next week, pretty devastated there was such a difference in offset between E's and AU's (Guard pumping anyone? lol)

Also picked up a wiring harness with a stock plug so I don't have to cut any wires for the headunit - can only ask myself why I didn't do this for my other car. I have uni break the week after next so will report back then after sound system and headers are on the car.

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:08 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Really? I still haven't seen another s yet, seen an SR but it is live axle and looks just like a normal falcon (I want its series 2 boot though!)

EVL098 wrote:

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Haha yeah I know what you mean, I park right next to the cop shop for work and one of the bastards has a tight mustang that I want to look in/around; haven't worked up the courage yet.

At the moment I have an annoying problem though, I have like a rattle (if you could call it that) from the back left when I go over fairly harsh bumps. I was thinking bushes might be shot as had a look around and nothing was loose?

EVL098 wrote:

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 9  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next