Post subject: Re: XG Ute - Sellling now :/
Posted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: EF gli, EF Fairmont, ZH Fairlane

TAS, Australia

Shmat wrote:
yep soo true :P, i'll clean it up good then take some good pics of it

:P , it will look good after a wash and yea throw some pics up.

Daily: 1994 EF Falcon GLI, few mods with many more planned.

Soon to be daily: 1995 EF Fairmont, mostly stock.

Restoration: 1997 ZH Fairlane 500, 351 auto.

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:25 am 
Parts Gopher

Ride: Falcon XG Longreach GLi

Grr decide to sell the ute and the head gasket blows, well i think it has, cars lost a lot of power, sounds different and coolant looks like green milk

Posted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Shmat wrote:
Grr decide to sell the ute and the head gasket blows, well i think it has, cars lost a lot of power, sounds different and coolant looks like green milk

that sucks the big one, strap a turbo on it for punishment :D

Post subject: Re: XG Ute
Posted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:36 pm 
Parts Gopher

Alright, turns out it never blew a head gasket, but the auto is stuffing up allot so the utes been sitting in the carport until it goes in to get fixed

i'm thinking of putting a high series cluster into it because i like the digital speedo, would it be worth the trouble?

also going to finish the paint job finally and planning on getting the suspension done, lots off small things too that i cant be bothered listing right now

i want to get rid of the bench seat and was thinking of something like ed xr6 seats or something, i'm not too familiar with the different seats of the falcons so anybody know of something i could put in there thats not too costly but comfortable?

Post subject: Re: XG Ute -
Posted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

when does the auto get fixed?

i tried one in mine and it didnt work you would have to do some wiring...im to lazy :P

pretty sure xg still use xf rails etc so may need to do some modding to fit e series seats.

how about some seats out of an old LTD or something recon they would be pretty comfy.

Post subject: Re: XG Ute -
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:25 pm 
Parts Gopher

Well, its been a long time since this thread was updated, almost seems silly doing it but i thought i would anyway as it may help solve some problems we're having.

So i'll start from the last update...

Got the auto fixed, think it costed around $200 from memory, drove fairly good from that point, but me and my mates being young and stupid decided that a LSD was on the cards, so picked one up from the wreckers and in it went, straight away the 2.7 gears were noticeable making the thing drive like a pig, then i made the mistake of letting my best mate drive the car one night, he hit a curb and took the front left wheel clean off the at the ball joints, smashed the control arm and bent the idler arm.

Took some time but we finally got most of the sorted out, still a few issues with the steering. I think the next thing that happened was i attempted at painting the thing in two tone, bottom half black and top stayed white, would have worked out better if i wasn't rushed and used a compressor. Not too much happened to it after that i don't think, until dad bought it off me for his business, so i have been trying to fix it up for him so he doesn't lose money, replaced the passenger door with an XH door, its still silver at the moment tho, new door handles, drivers side shattered completely!

The we got a new idler arm and wheel alignment done and decided to swap out the LSD for the standard diff, just finished doing that today after all the troubles we had, took it for a drive and it goes much better, but i noticed the front left wheel seems to be out of alignment a fair abit which is dodgy considering i just had it fixed, and the only other thing thats got me worried is it makes a strange whining noise just after braking, but it doesn't seem to do it in time with the engine, speed or braking, so thats got me stumped on whats making it whine? Atm the moment the old utes looking pretty sad tbh, might try and take some pics tomorrow and chuck em up.

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 6  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6