Fordmods Logo

running 2 ecus 

 

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

 
 Post subject: running 2 ecus
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:30 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3363

Joined: 27th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

Location: G town
VIC, Australia

got an EF XR6 ecu and motor, car is DUAL FUEL

I want to be able to run the motor on the XR6 ecu when its on petrol and then switch to an LPG ecu when on LPG

the tickford LPG ecus only have a regular non XR6 map (as well as maps for LPG) so there is no dual fuel XR6 petrol/XR6 LPG ecus

any ideas how this could be done?

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:32 am 
Technical Contributor
Offline
User avatar

Age: 38

Posts: 4093

Joined: 20th Mar 2005

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 2.0 Turbo VW

Power: 142 rwkw

Location: Seaford State:
VIC, Australia

not even worth the waste of time.

The little difference in performance it might add will be sucked away from the gas ring.

 

_________________

Carefree, we may not be number one, but we're up there.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 12:34 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3363

Joined: 27th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

Location: G town
VIC, Australia

why?

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:40 am 
Tyre Shredder
Offline
User avatar

Age: 35

Posts: 356

Joined: 29th Jan 2007

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairmont wagon

Location: Burnie
TAS, Australia

Rather than dual ECU's would a switch chip with seperate tunes for fuel & LPG be a better option?

 

_________________

Cheers
Mick

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:52 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 1072

Joined: 6th Jul 2006

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

Location: Craigmore
SA, Australia

wouldnt you run on LPG most of the time anyway?? duel fuel ecu would be the cheapest option.

 

_________________

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:56 am 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Age: 53

Posts: 1072

Joined: 6th Jul 2006

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: BA Falcon

Power: 106 rwkw

Location: Craigmore
SA, Australia

forgot to mention that the duel fuel ecus are programed so they are tuned to run with the gas ring in place even when running on petrol, so you would probably be better of with that setup, you might actually lose power with the XR6 ecu. Tickford do their homework on the ecu side of things anyway, pitty the LPG convertors are crap.

 

_________________

2003 BA Falcon Egas Taxi Pack - XR Replica
Tpak MKII Build Thread

1984 ZL Fairlane
The Project

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:36 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3363

Joined: 27th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

Location: G town
VIC, Australia

actually i run petrol most of the time with occasional LPG at the moment

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 12:45 pm 
Site Admin
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 8831

Joined: 18th Dec 2002

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

AU99 wrote:
forgot to mention that the duel fuel ecus are programed so they are tuned to run with the gas ring in place even when running on petrol, so you would probably be better of with that setup, you might actually lose power with the XR6 ecu. Tickford do their homework on the ecu side of things anyway, pitty the LPG convertors are crap.


What's wrong with the Vialle converters?

 

_________________

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:51 pm 
Commercial Sponsor
Offline

Posts: 350

Joined: 28th Apr 2007

Ride: Falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

Waggin wrote:
AU99 wrote:
forgot to mention that the duel fuel ecus are programed so they are tuned to run with the gas ring in place even when running on petrol, so you would probably be better of with that setup, you might actually lose power with the XR6 ecu. Tickford do their homework on the ecu side of things anyway, pitty the LPG convertors are crap.


What's wrong with the Vialle converters?


ever heard of the kiss theory?

viale didn't!

just unreliable and not consistent in fuel delivery the 2 most important items you would desire great for emissions though the seem best at low to no load!
Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 3:54 pm 
Site Admin
Offline
User avatar

Age: 34

Posts: 8831

Joined: 18th Dec 2002

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: AUII V8 LTD

Power: 270 rwkw

Location: Sydney
NSW, Australia

Fair call, I admit I replaced my vialle with a cheap Airod converter when it died and it did the trick.

 

_________________

WAG363: AUII LTD Supercharged 363 Dart Stroker [Supercharged 363 LTD Build]
WAGGIN: 2012 Volkswagen Passat Wagon - V6 4Motion.

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways
Offline
User avatar

Posts: 3363

Joined: 27th Dec 2004

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: MCMXCV Falcon

Location: G town
VIC, Australia

dynowog wrote:
Waggin wrote:
AU99 wrote:
forgot to mention that the duel fuel ecus are programed so they are tuned to run with the gas ring in place even when running on petrol, so you would probably be better of with that setup, you might actually lose power with the XR6 ecu. Tickford do their homework on the ecu side of things anyway, pitty the LPG convertors are crap.


What's wrong with the Vialle converters?


ever heard of the kiss theory?

viale didn't!

just unreliable and not consistent in fuel delivery the 2 most important items you would desire great for emissions though the seem best at low to no load!


the vialle convertors are not that complex...pretty much the same as all others..

the main problem is that they a s**t to buy from ford!!

 

_________________

Image

Top
 Profile  
 
 
Posted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:15 pm 
Commercial Sponsor
Offline

Posts: 350

Joined: 28th Apr 2007

Ride: Falcon

Location: Melbourne
VIC, Australia

for some like you or me there simple enough but to others they cringe and its moreso the add ons that come with it too to make it work right!

gimme a good impco, omvl, landi etc anyday

or even better liquid lpg injection "coming soon to a wog near you"
Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:
Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 12 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

 

 

It is currently Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:13 pm All times are UTC + 11 hours

 

 

(c)2014 Total Web Solutions Australia - Australian Web Hosting and Domain Names