Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
Savage.Falcon.XT wrote:
Well iv been told by my local performance mob (independant motor sport) that if i put a big mouth kit, a growler, extractors, cat, catback and a high performance tune id be very lucky to see 20kw... So is it all really worth it? Im chooseing no... So thats the end of my performance mods...

They are pulling your d**k mate. All that on an FG you'll see 200rwkw no problems!

EG. BF SR (phil545's ride) 190hp stock. Extractors, catback, underdrives, growler and performance tune and he got around 230hp. That's 40hp more. The FG's take to mods a lot more happily. Just do your research, and make sure you go with a good tuner. Him saying that you will only get an extra 20hp is rediculous.

lol errrrmmm its 235rwhp thank you very much hahaha :-P

I hate arriving at my destination as then I have to get out of my car!

New Build Thread
the-garage-f53/the-beast-v2-0-phil-s-2013-ford-focus-st-t122703.html

Old Build Thread
the-garage-f53/phil-s-bf-sr-gt-build-thread-lots-of-pics-t98705.html

Post subject: Re: FG mods?
Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

phil545 wrote:
TheKrazeD wrote:
Savage.Falcon.XT wrote:
Well iv been told by my local performance mob (independant motor sport) that if i put a big mouth kit, a growler, extractors, cat, catback and a high performance tune id be very lucky to see 20kw... So is it all really worth it? Im chooseing no... So thats the end of my performance mods...

They are pulling your d**k mate. All that on an FG you'll see 200rwkw no problems!

EG. BF SR (phil545's ride) 190hp stock. Extractors, catback, underdrives, growler and performance tune and he got around 230hp. That's 40hp more. The FG's take to mods a lot more happily. Just do your research, and make sure you go with a good tuner. Him saying that you will only get an extra 20hp is rediculous.

lol errrrmmm its 235rwhp thank you very much hahaha :-P

^^ lol :lol: :lol: .

guys you gotta look at the bigger picture here. you are just talking about peak power. whick means nothing on the street unless you are a fukstick driver.
a custom tune will pick up the whole rev range and smooth it out makeing it a much more streetable car.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: 2013 Ford Focus ST

Power: 175 rwkw

NSW, Australia

very good point mate, my second gear hauls a** now which makes it much more street friendly :-)

I hate arriving at my destination as then I have to get out of my car!

New Build Thread
the-garage-f53/the-beast-v2-0-phil-s-2013-ford-focus-st-t122703.html

Old Build Thread
the-garage-f53/phil-s-bf-sr-gt-build-thread-lots-of-pics-t98705.html

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:52 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF wagon

NSW, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
Savage.Falcon.XT wrote:

Think that should read 190KW Stock!

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:54 pm 
Technical Contributor

Ride: 2009 XR6 FG N/A

QLD, Australia

Mont5.0 wrote:
TheKrazeD wrote:
Savage.Falcon.XT wrote:

Think that should read 190KW Stock!

195KW stock using 91RON. Optimum 210KW using 98

2dads XR6 FG Build

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Yep KW Not HP!

Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:37 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

It's the same thing, if you haven't realised already. I prefer to say hp, so the numpties don't think I'm talking about @ the rear wheels.

@ 2dads, the BF's were 190kw with 91. FG is 195.

In the end, most of us tune for peak power, so we can have that little wank factor, AMIRIGHT?
And in tuning towards peak power, you have a very strong and smooth torque curve across the entire rev range.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:02 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: g6e 2009

WA, Australia

hp and kw is not the same thing. 1hp = approx 0.75kw
so a car like the fg, with 195kw stock, has about 260hp

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:07 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:
It's the same thing, if you haven't realised already. I prefer to say hp, so the numpties don't think I'm talking about @ the rear wheels.

In the end, most of us tune for peak power, so we can have that little wank factor, AMIRIGHT?
And in tuning towards peak power, you have a very strong and smooth torque curve across the entire rev range.

Now ive heard it all! Kw and Hp are not the same thing. 190kw is at the flywheel standard on a BF. maybe you tune for wank factor, but the rest tune to get the most from their mods that the factory tune wont.

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:13 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TheKrazeD wrote:

Now ive heard it all! Kw and Hp are not the same thing. 190kw is at the flywheel standard on a BF. maybe you tune for wank factor, but the rest tune to get the most from their mods that the factory tune wont.

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:13 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EB falcon

QLD, Australia

i tunes mine so the ecu would accept the exhaust and cold air induction better, plus i needed to sort out a rough take off in the revs which only occured in first. used to pull off 160 in 3rd overtakeing much slower folks.

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:35 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

phatba wrote:
hp and kw is not the same thing. 1hp = approx 0.75kw
so a car like the fg, with 195kw stock, has about 260hp

Okay, go get a stock FG, put it on the rollers and it will read like 160kw. Why? Because the power figure from factory is at the engine, not the wheels. I'd love if the FG XR6 had the same power output as a boss 260 :shock:

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:23 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford FG

ACT, Australia

Stock FG's put out 160, but ive heard with a few mods you can easily reach 220 - 230 (not sure if this is true or not)

Ive been told with headers, extractors, a new chip (still not sure what this is), full exhaust system and a tune, you can put out about 200kw easy.

Silver XR6 FG, 20" Enix Equus Rims, Lowered, Growler Intake, 2 1/2" Exhaust System, Pacemaker Headers, dual tip Click this >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiBi1pw30d0<<<

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:58 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: MK2 FG XR6T UTE - SILHOUETTE.

QLD, Australia

mcinnesfg wrote:
Stock FG's put out 160, but ive heard with a few mods you can easily reach 220 - 230 (not sure if this is true or not)

Ive been told with headers, extractors, a new chip (still not sure what this is), full exhaust system and a tune, you can put out about 200kw easy.

Gday folks on a side note to the above post the fg's run over the 200kw at the fly on bp ultimate like 206 or something ford claims.

mcinnesfg - first of all welcome mate always to see new members im pretty new myself even, alright with the new model falcons you no longer plug in and leave in a chip that changes ecu perimetres what now happens instead is you purchase a ford flash tuner such as an xcal3 or similar take it as well as your vehicle to a tuner where they strap it to a dyno and build a tune specific to the performance of your vehicle.

on these devices you can store up to three different levels of tune e.g: mild, wild, and then crazy off the wall highly strung insane, whilst still being able to retain the stock tune it came from the factory with to flash back into your car whenever you wish.

i think most the time the tunes are categorised as: stock tune, 91 octane fuel (mild), 95 octane fuel (wild), or 98 octane fuel (crazy) which will pe the full height of your vehicles performance however relies on supporting mods for best results - like exhaust, extractors, hi flo cat, cold air induction etc etc.

hope this helps a little im all over the place i know sorry.

cheers,

obie89.

-PREVIOUS RIDE-
2010 N/A fg XR6 - EGO
Stage 4 Atomic Cams,Full 2.5" XFORCE Exhaust (Headers + Hi Flow Cat + Catback)
Powerbond 20% Underdrives,Growler Cold Air Intake
Full Custom Tune (Xcal 3) - 170RWKW.

Posted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:32 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 6 images

NSW, Australia

anyone got a pic of the restrictor. the link's don't work

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 5  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next