Page 2 of 3 [ 35 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post subject: Re: worked and tuned ba xt only making 150rwkw
Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: Vixen Red 09 FG XT

QLD, Australia

95Fairmontghiav85.0L wrote:
)go and get second hand xr6 turbo exhaust cat back for 100-150 and another 100 to get it fitted,,,,
2)then go and get your cat converter changed with a magna flow 3" metalcore one,,,they are normally 450fitted at the exhaust shops but go and get one from ebay (get magnaflow brand) around 200 and pay another 80 to get it fitted
3)then get a performance headers. if you have money go and get pacemaker 4490 or 4495 depends on what you wanna do. 4490 for a streeet use and it gives you power at the lower rpm and if you wanna gain power at the high rpm go and get 4495...4495 is for a track mostly...or there is another option and you can go and get a redback brand extractor which is cheaper than pacemaker.
4)then get your air induction changed, dnt have to spend big $$$, just go to ford and but ford fpv typhoon air box kit. you will receive different airbox with a second intake tube on it amd wotha bigger snorkel. this kit will give you decent performance and it is only $170 dolars and very easy fitting, only takes 20 minutes, also you hve to change your air filter to k&N air filter. k&N panel filter is about 70-80 dolars.
5) now you have to get a flash tuner to get your car tuned and this is on special at the moment...you can get it from KPM in NSW or you can get this from Bluepower racing development in Victoria. these two places are selling on a special price of $450-$460 at the moment. they are normally around $600-$700. you will just plug this on your car and it has soem tunes in it and you will press the button and it will upgrade your car's ecu and your car will run better and it will make you gain extra rear wheel kw.
if you do what i have told you up to this point, you will gain 27-30 rear wheel kw easy....if you want more power there are some other options as well to keep getting done...

6) now you have to get a transmission cooler, because factory one is crap and it makes the coolent get in to your transmission and in a time your transmission will be gone and you will get a bill of 2500 at least,,,,transmission cooler is around 200-250 fitted. there are threee brands you can trust; b&M, PWR, and motorcraft....and also you have to get your transmission fluid changed to transmaxZ...this make your transmission last much much longer and only this oil wnt demage your transmission....
7) now the biggest change on your car will be diff gears and lsd,,,,if you wana good take off, you have to get your diff gears changed to 4.11 and also get your diff changed to lsd one....this will cost you anywhere around 1400-2400. depends where you go and which parts you use....
8) hi stall converter,,,,this will make you rev much faster and you will pass the lower rpm quiker,,,,ba is very slow car on tha take off because of its weight, but with a hi stall you will get shock....this isnt must but diff gears are must on ba series cars,,,
9) then you can get cams, stage two crow cams. they are normally 850 but there is a guy who sells them for 650 on the fordforums.com.au, and his nick is nosxr...everyone gets from them....if you math your cams with a hi stall, your call will be amazing, you will get 0-100 around 5.2 sec,,,if you get all the works i have listed....
10) now at this point you have to get a custom flash tune. you have to take your to the decent tuner and you have to get your car custom tuned, which is around 500-750 depends on where you go and experience of the tuner....if you are in victoria, i will say bluepower racing which is the best shop in australia/////

You will not make 30rwkw from intake and exhaust with a flash tune lol Even custom tuning you will be lucky to make an extra 30rwkw. You've mentioned all this good s**t, but haven't taken into account that every car isn't the same. His is obviously having issues, if he's already got cams, 4495 headers, air intake, underdrives, customized merge collector and 3" cat into twin 2.25" system... He should of been making around the 200rwkw mark no issues.

VIXEN FG XT Previous best - 14.431 @ 99.69mph with minor mods
Currently 14.235 @ 101mph same mods. Bring on the 13's!

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:50 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: BA XR6 206RWKW ;)

VIC, Australia

Quote:
if he's already got cams, 4495 headers, air intake, underdrives, customized merge collector and 3" cat into twin 2.25" system... He should of been making around the 200rwkw mark no issues.

i have an xr6 with a huge amount of work, and its pushing 208rwkws... out of all youve said there is no way you anymore than 190rwkws.... it maybe the order of the work he has had done, could be the exhaust but if he follow the order of this or uses it as a guide he should have no drama...
the tuner may be s**t.. or it could even be the intake/throttle body... think about it simpley... the problem is ether as the (1) air enters, (2) in the motor (3) as the exhaust is pushed out.

Posted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:52 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Ride: 04 ba falcon wagon

TAS, Australia

fast-xr: dosent take to many revs to get going, and not 2bad off the mark especially since its a wagon with 3.23 diff gears. ill find the dyno sheet and post it up at some stage. mainline dyno.

we have just worked out the manifold volume in the inital tune is wrong so that will have stuffed with some numbers for sure and the exhaust is restrictive so will be starting the 3" mandrel bent system next weekend with 1 hooker areo chamber muffler to start with and if its to loud will end fitting either a hot dog and/or flow master series 10 muffler as space under there is tight being as low as it is and with a custome rear swaybar.

DRHEMI: the stall converter only gets to 2800rpm and the plenum was made for a n/a car and i did tell them the mods, throttle body is 75mm so its all the same size.

i read the 1-10 power chart before i got the car and the only things i havnt done is the xr6 turbo exhaust (being a wagon makes it kinda hard) and the diff gears, and they are pretty close to the top of the todo list.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:21 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

here is the dyno sheet

Attachments:
dyno sheet.jpg
dyno sheet.jpg [ 474.66 KiB | Viewed 230 times ]

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 97 EL XR6

Power: 162 rwkw

NSW, Australia

i still think the plenum/throttle body combo is incorrect.

your power curve starts to pick up late, but it never peaks because the motor has finished reving...

this is easily proved or disproved by changing them over. even just start with changing the throttle body...

do you know of any other people using this plenum? and what they are achieving?

07 BF MKII XR6T
310rwkw @ 13psi - Tuned By CMS

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:37 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

yeah another guy made 240rwkw+ with the same plenum and xr8 throttle body, so bigger again, he also had bigger cams, ported head, a higher compression ratio and a shorter intake (his is in engine bay and mine is in the bumper) and according to plazmaman there are a few others out there to.

as i said in the last post the manifold volume is wrong so that will send alot of other things out or something like that.

so that along with the exhaust will be fixed soon and will go back on the dyno and see what happens then. another thing with the dyno sheet is it only revs to just over 4500 revs and it obviously revs past that so not sure what is going on there either, or am mistaken?

you have all been a big help tho and im very appreciative of the help you have offered.

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:03 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

sam fish wrote:
yeah another guy made 240rwkw+ with the same plenum and xr8 throttle body, so bigger again, he also had bigger cams, ported head, a higher compression ratio and a shorter intake (his is in engine bay and mine is in the bumper) and according to plazmaman there are a few others out there to.

as i said in the last post the manifold volume is wrong so that will send alot of other things out or something like that.

so that along with the exhaust will be fixed soon and will go back on the dyno and see what happens then. another thing with the dyno sheet is it only revs to just over 4500 revs and it obviously revs past that so not sure what is going on there either, or am mistaken?

you have all been a big help tho and im very appreciative of the help you have offered.

240+ rwkw? did this guy have a turbo that you didnt spot or somthin?

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

the-garage-f53/trav199-bf-n-a-xr6-330rwhp-t99170-90.html?hilit=trav

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:11 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Benny D wrote:
sam fish wrote:

240+ rwkw? did this guy have a turbo that you didnt spot or somthin?

Trav's BF XR6. That thing is a machine. He's sold it though, to the guys that built it.

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA XT V8

WA, Australia

yes, there was also a lot of money put into it. so cant compare it to OPs dyno results.

BA XT V8. Ice Mint. 18" Speedys. XR6T LSD. Full Pacemaker twin 2 1/2inch Stainless Steel system. Custom CAI. Black XR interior with white trimming. Powerbond underdrive kit 25%.
13.65@102mph. 2800 hi-Stall.
230RWKW@5250 rpm. 625NM.

Posted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Oh of course not. But with the mods the OP has done, he's be pushing far more than 150rwkw lol seeing as that's just higher than a stock BF's power...

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:51 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

yeah travs car is the one im talking about, now i know im not going 2 make anywhere near the power he made but thought it should make more than it did.

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Exactly... If people are making 175-180rwkw with exhaust, intake, underdrives and tune, then you should be seeing another 10-15rwkw on top of that with the cams.

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:29 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

TAS, Australia

yeah. today they had a dyno day here at one of the workshops in town (different one to where i sent my car and i didnt know this till i was up the mountain skiing) and a friends workmate made 150.3rwkw with exhaust, intake and a throttle body, no extractors and no tune so yeah there is something very odd going on with mine.

didnt do the exhaust this weekend because there was another car still on my mates ramps so going to try and get into a workshop with a hoist this weekend coming...fingers crossed!

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Hopefully you find out what is robbing all the power mate. Should be a decent power figure once she's running sweet.

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 3  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next