Phillips diamond vision globe for ef fairmont 

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Post subject: Phillips diamond vision globe for ef fairmont
Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:44 pm 
Oompa Loompa

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: 95 ef fairmont

QLD, Australia

Hi all as most would know the ef/el series have crap lights I'm looking at trying something like the Phillips diamond vision or crystal vision in it before thinking bout hids just wondering if any one has a set in there car or have used them and if it makes any difference any info would be great

Post subject: Re: Phillips diamond vision globe for ef fairmont
Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:03 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford Fairmont EF II

VIC, Australia

i have done it. it helps. but the output is still awful. i mid way through a HID projector retro fit. i see it as the only viable option. but i would say as easy as it may seem, dont just put hids in the stock refectors, someone will shoot you.

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I found that my stock headlights (EL Fairmont)were not as bad as people make them out to be.

The key to good headlight performance on EF/EL is to ensure the lens is not yellowed at all.
Using a headlight restoration kit, or any other restoration technique, to keep them clear is imperative.

Crystal and diamond vision are good, but I've been hearing a lot that they don't tend to last very long.
I'd stick with the 'plus' versions (plus50, plus80, etc)

I had XG XR6 headlights in my XF and initially had some cheap blue coated bulb in the low beam. I took them out and put in a pair of Narva Plus50's and the difference was huge.

EL Fairmont Ghia - Manual - Supercharged
- The Car
- The Headlights

Posted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:41 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: Ford Fairmont EF II

VIC, Australia

MAD wrote:
I found that my stock headlights (EL Fairmont)were not as bad as people make them out to be.

The key to good headlight performance on EF/EL is to ensure the lens is not yellowed at all.
Using a headlight restoration kit, or any other restoration technique, to keep them clear is imperative.

Crystal and diamond vision are good, but I've been hearing a lot that they don't tend to last very long.
I'd stick with the 'plus' versions (plus50, plus80, etc)

I had XG XR6 headlights in my XF and initially had some cheap blue coated bulb in the low beam. I took them out and put in a pair of Narva Plus50's and the difference was huge.

Yea, I would have to agree with you. The fairmont is a lot better then the gli ones I had on my el. I have spent a lot trying different globes and have found some original good ones, but still, driving home from melb the other night I didn't feel safe at 110.

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]