Fordmods Logo

V8's back on channel 7 

Page 3 of 4 [ 57 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: AU Fairlane 5.0, KE Laser, 01 Kw

VIC, Australia

Yeah, the whole AFL / Motorsport thing has me worried, especially when both seasons run at the same times.

In saying that, i don't think AVESCO will allow them to f**k it like that, it's now a huge sport and big business.

Posted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:22 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 23 images

Ride: XR6 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Keep it on 10

SS Inductions CAI, K&N Filters, M-spec FMC, Turbosmart BOV, 8psi capa tune, X-force cat.

Mods going on: Nizpro springs, bosch 040 pump + Walbro gss341, 600cc injectors, PWR transcooler, 20% Underdrives, 15psi Actuator, Kingspring SSL's, 15psi tune.....More coming

Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:45 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XC Falcon 500 Sedan: White, 4.1,

QLD, Australia

To me now, it does not matter what channel it is on I'm not going to make a regular event of it any more. After the bull sh#t way HSV won the champion ship (Tander blocking and Kelly punting) last year the issue of team owner ship (now hasn't this been kept quiet, all behind closed doors and HRT pay a undisclosed amount of money. They were obvioulsy cheating or they would not have had to pay up but no one has actally came out and said so. All very strange) this year it has lost it's appeal to me after 20 odd years of watching the touring cars every chance I got.

Pity

MAW

Remember "It dosn't matter how fast it goes, if it's under 3 litres it's a chicks car".

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:38 am 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 3 images

NSW, Australia

yes I lost interest in it, as it is all BS anyway...where is the relevance, the cars that are racing do not really represent the cars we drive..

I lost interest when they started banning cars because ford or holden could not keep up, so what is the point of a 2 horse race :cry:

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:14 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

xb-coupe-351 wrote:
yes I lost interest in it, as it is all BS anyway...where is the relevance, the cars that are racing do not really represent the cars we drive..

I lost interest when they started banning cars because ford or holden could not keep up, so what is the point of a 2 horse race :cry:

They've never represented the cars we drive, by looks maybe but that's all!
People seem to think that the HO that came from factory is identical to the one that was raced, i hate to tell you but it wasn't the case!!

Yes we know HRT are cheats, but the f**k who run the show have let them off lightly, what can we do about it? NOTHING!!!!

As much as that dampened my love for the sport, i still love it, it's even more reason to support our Ford teams and hope they can beat the f**k cheats of the sport!

Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:14 am 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: XC Falcon 500 Sedan: White, 4.1,

QLD, Australia

Actually I've been watching touring car racing for over 30 years, not 20 as I said before. I forgot how old I am.

True the cars that race are nothing like the cars we buy. And yes a full factory HO was not exactly a road car but the privateers used to race cars that were darn close. So close in fact some were road registered. Some even driven to the tracks, raced and driven home (with a bit of luck).

Bring back production racing I say.

MAW

Remember "It dosn't matter how fast it goes, if it's under 3 litres it's a chicks car".

Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:18 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ef xr8

NSW, Australia

I'd like to see channel 10 cover the V8's as channel 7 has way to many adds.7 ads(roughly 2min) to 5-7 minutes coverage.

----------------------------------------------------
FOR SALE;EF 5.0 auto ecu with tweecer $600
----------------------------------------------------

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

Walker wrote:
Yeah, the whole AFL / Motorsport thing has me worried, especially when both seasons run at the same times.

In saying that, i don't think AVESCO will allow them to f**k it like that, it's now a huge sport and big business.

Well AVESCO did let them f**k it big time on Sunday by 8 frggin laps.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

not sure why it was a timed event in the last race. in the past the last race has finished in fading light so not sure on that one. its got nothing to do with the afl though. avesco or vesa now wouldn't say,'we gotta wrap this up now fella's as they want to start their afl foosball over in australia'.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Aint that strange. Several people I have spoken to say its because of the AFL. And V8 supercars have never ran timed races as far as I'm aware. Only cars that have no head lights and the tracklighting is poor warrant timed races as a safety buffer for poor light.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

a few people have told me that ten said on the news that it was cos of the footy but i didnt see it myself. 10 could just be having a go at 7 though

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: EF 5 Speed, XH Uterus :P

TAS, Australia

I initially thought it was time restricions on the noise level - similar to what you see at Bathurst. They can't race after 5PM (I think) due to the noise. Either way, load of crap - they should let the race run.

Maloo - Holden's word for ugly.

Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:41 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

How are V8 supercars banned after 5 whilst top fuellers can run till 10pm and those things output over 140dBa? That's a crock of administrative s**t imo.

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:33 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

there have been timed races in the past. if it was to do with ch 7 having obligations to show the footy then surely the race would have gone full length but with ch7 leaving the broadcast at 3pm and updating the results in the news. if it is to do with the footy i am gobsmacked but i very much doubt it. the uproar in nz would be worse as they have nothing to do with our afl season.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:45 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

prydey wrote:
there have been timed races in the past. if it was to do with ch 7 having obligations to show the footy then surely the race would have gone full length but with ch7 leaving the broadcast at 3pm and updating the results in the news. if it is to do with the footy i am gobsmacked but i very much doubt it. the uproar in nz would be worse as they have nothing to do with our afl season.

There's been plenty in the past, i think you'll find they all have a timed limit but they almost always finish well before time.
The amount of carnage is what caused the problem.

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 4  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next