Page 4 of 4 [ 57 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
How are V8 supercars banned after 5 whilst top fuellers can run till 10pm and those things output over 140dBa? That's a crock of administrative s**t imo.

Probably because of where the track is placed, anyway the top fuellers feel and sound cool.

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:47 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

I have never heard or felt a car so loud that the ground feels like its bending underneath you when the car takes off.

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
I have never heard or felt a car so loud that the ground feels like its bending underneath you when the car takes off.
simply awsome watching "freaky fridays at wsid when the supercharged out laws come to play.. can feel every piston fire in your chest.. and nearly get blown backwards outa your seat when they do the burnout and launch down the quater.. :D :shock:

chan 7 sucked cutting the v8 race... :evil:

Posted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Outlaws sound like door slammers. They have a real clackety clack idle and can scream like f**k raped banshees.

Fuel cars are tottally different. When they fire up its like armageddon. Tottally deep subsonic thunder.

Was at the summer nationals in feb and in the pits when they fired up the santo's cranes car on the stand was f**k awesome. Almost 10 big blokes each weighing over 80kg minimum hanging off the back of this fuel car on a stand. Then when the driver gave it a tap the whole thing rocked and the poor guys almost got thrown off the thing.

And the fumes. Almost as bad as sticking your head into a drum of prepsol :D

Do they still have freaky Fridays or was that only over summer?

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:11 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 25 images

Ride: 93 Maverick LWB/S2 LWB Delica

Power: 75 rwkw

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
Outlaws sound like door slammers. They have a real clackety clack idle and can scream like f**k raped banshees.

Fuel cars are tottally different. When they fire up its like armageddon. Tottally deep subsonic thunder.

Was at the summer nationals in feb and in the pits when they fired up the santo's cranes car on the stand was f**k awesome. Almost 10 big blokes each weighing over 80kg minimum hanging off the back of this fuel car on a stand. Then when the driver gave it a tap the whole thing rocked and the poor guys almost got thrown off the thing.

And the fumes. Almost as bad as sticking your head into a drum of prepsol :D

Do they still have freaky Fridays or was that only over summer?

I love the nitro Harley's too, like mini top fuellers, I normally think street Harley's are expensive shinny water pump engines, but when I hear the Nitro Harley's I fall in love.
It is a real laugh when a Nitro Harley drops a cylinder, :lol: Unlike the 4 cylinder Japs they loose at least half their power, or when a belt comes flying off at 200mph, you have to be brainless and/or have big balls to ride one of those things, I mightn't have the big balls but being brainless I want to ride one!

93 Ford Maverick LWB automatic petrol guzzler (gets stuck where Deli doesn't, big pumpkins :evil:)
97 S2 Mitsubishi Delica LWB (off the road getting v8 transplant)

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:56 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I'll pass thanks. People in the states have died as a result of being sucked off the back of the things and becoming airborne at half track. Give me a fuel car anyday.

Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 3:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 34 images

Ride: BF MK11 XR 6 TURBO ZF 6spd

Power: 225 rwkw

NSW, Australia

xcabbi wrote:
I'll pass thanks. People in the states have died as a result of being sucked off the back of the things and becoming airborne at half track. Give me a fuel car anyday.
yeah semi agreed.. not impossible to die on all forms of motor racing.. but then again...its hard to FALL OUT OF a car... like you can FALL OFF a motor bike... :lol:

Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:46 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

back on the original topic, t.cochrane today on v8x on ch7 put the rumours to bed by saying that the early finish of race 3 was his and race control's decision due to the tardiness of the officials to clean up the grm incident and nothing to do with other commitments of ch7.

the other networks got there giggles from it though. even ch 9 had a dig on the footy show thurs night.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:50 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

here is somthing interesting i found.

HOLDEN'S dominance of V8 Supercar racing was overshadowed yesterday by a controversial finish to the last race at Pukekohe, which was shortened to fit in with Australian TV schedules.

A chaotic race, which saw Paul Morris escape unscathed from a spectacular high-speed accident, ended seven laps short so Channel 7 viewers in Perth could watch the Melbourne versus Fremantle AFL game live.

Organisers later admitted they had not told the teams of the shortened race plan.

"They did not know it was the last lap until it was the last lap," a spokesman said.

Until then, officials had claimed teams knew the race might finish short of its advertised 43 laps.

Holden driver Garth Tander, who was possibly robbed of the round win, said at no stage did he know of the shortened arrangements.

"I thought there were eight laps left," he said.

"The first I knew was when I saw the chequered flag."

After lengthy delays because of the Morris crash and another accident involving Dean Canto, officials invoked the "timed" race finish to satisfy TV commitments.

Having won the first two races of the round, Tander was denied a clean sweep by a locked wheel nut in his third pit-stop. But he needed only to finish seventh to claim the glory at the historic last meeting at the Pukekohe track.

Tander, who finished eighth, later said he would "absolutely" have had a better crack at getting the vital finishing position had he known he was on the last lap.

As a result of the premature finish, Tander and his Toll racing teammate Rick Kelly completed the round on 58 points but, as tradition dictates, Kelly won the round because he won the last race.

Again Kelly has benefited from official controversy.

He won the 2006 title after a dramatic clash with Craig Lowndes was backed by official action but was criticised as de facto champion because he did not win a round of the championship.

Although he won yesterday's round he acknowledged his critics would only have more ammunition to fire.

He and Tander dominate the series after three rounds and Ford drivers continue to struggle. Good results by FPR drivers Mark Winterbottom and Steven Richards on Saturday proved to be a false dawn.

They finished eighth and 13th by the end of the weekend while Jamie Whincup resurrected his challenge as the best of the Ford drivers, finishing third in the round with teammate Craig Lowndes seventh.

Whincup is not promising miracles but says that his team is working on a four-race strategy which he hopes will position Team Vodafone to challenge Holden's dominance mid-season.

But by then Tander and Kelly might be out of sight.

fuk im loosing intrest in the only sport i like, to much fuking scaming going on these days. in the last few months the scams and other crap that has gone on off the track has been more talked about than any of the racing.

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

what about this statement off the v8supercar website:-

V8 Supercars Australia ensures fans of race finishes
Release Date: 26/04/2007
V8 Supercars Australia will allow longer time buffers prior to and following Championship Series races to avoid ending them before the scheduled amount of laps are complete.

The steps follow the decision of V8 Supercars Australia on Sunday to complete only 36 of the scheduled 43 laps in the third race in New Zealand that was badly affected by two lengthy safety car periods.

A review held today will also result in the development of a professional training package to instruct all recovery crews and speed up the amount of time it takes to rescue stricken V8 Supercars.

Further measures will also be taken to either cut or shorten the post-race celebrations should a similar circumstance arise in the future, in order to allow a race to come to its’ full conclusion.

The two incidents in New Zealand resulted in 21 and a half minutes of race time being lost whilst the field circulated at low speed behind the safety car. Had either incident not occurred or the recovery processes taken so long, the race would have easily finished its’ full total of laps.

V8 Supercars Australia Chief Executive Officer Wayne Cattach said longer buffers of at least five minutes on either side of races as well implementing improved recovery training procedures would help prevent a reoccurrence of the shortened New Zealand race.

“The reasoning behind us calling the race short was simply because we had these two very, very long safety car periods,â€￾ Mr Cattach said.

“The first one we can understand because we had a car flipped on its roof and a driver potentially in a dangerous situation. The second one was quite frankly not acceptable.

“Unlike most other sports, motor racing can suffer lengthy delays because accidents can occur at any time. It is impossible to predict lengthy delays but at the same time we need to do our best to minimise them.â€￾

Mr Cattach said Network Seven played no part in the decision to end the race and head to the post-race celebrations.

“We made the judgment call to shorten the race in favour of showing the podium presentation,â€￾ he said.

“This was not a decision made by Network Seven as has been speculated and widely reported. The decision was ours and ours alone. Network Seven were not involved in this decision in any way.

“We apologise to our fans that it happened and assure them we will fix these problems.â€￾

Mr Cattach said the precautionary measures will be adopted before the next Championship round at Winton in Victoria, where a training video would also be prepared. He said V8 Supercars Australia may also appoint its own expert to oversee all car recoveries.

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 29 images

Ride: ELXR8 SERIES 2

SA, Australia

so whats the go with wayne cattach saying on the 24th that he will be having a meeting with ch7 bosses to make sure this doesnt happen again?? this is what im on about, fuking scams. two diffrent quoets in two days from the same bloke, they dont want us to know whats going on just like with the hrt and toll scam.
prydey, im not trying to argue with ya about it finishing due to footy or not cos i have no idea why they did it, just pointing out that we cant believe anything that v8 supercar tell us anymore

EL XR8 SERIES 2, 5SPD, HOT CHILLI RED, 200 ODD RWKW OF V8 FUN AND GAMES

EF XR6, 5SPD, HERITAGE GREEN, AU XR6 VCT ENGINE

VL COMMODORE, 5SPD, WHITE

BA XT, AUTO, OFFSHORE BLUE

Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 5:28 pm 
Getting Side Ways

SA, Australia

no arguements here mate :D i'm just as bemused as you. foxsports also have an article with cattich saying it was nothing to do with ch7 but you've gone and thrown a cat among the pigeons with the story you posted up.

i personally find it hard to believe that the afl would influence the actual race itself. i thought if ch7 did have afl obligations it may affect the coverage of the race ie leave early for the footy with the race finishing off air and results given in the news.

tony cochrane was on v8x but it could've all been a bit of butt covering after they realised they stuffed up.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 4  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4