Fordmods Logo

Eaton supercharger on a EL XR6 

Page 4 of 6 [ 81 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Posted: Mon May 07, 2007 9:43 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: AU XR6

VIC, Australia

I was thinking Option B depending on what charger i end up with thinking a kenne bell 1.7l waiting on full specs on it inc size, i might need to mount it on exhaust side but then i can setup water to air on opposite side.

1992 EBII 5L Fairmont Ghia Wagon
1999 XR6 6 Speed manual
Build Thread

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:49 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: BA XR6

VIC, Australia

twr7cx wrote:
Denim wrote:
A pic of a M90 installed...

LOL, what did you do just link that from the first picture on the first page of this thread?

DAMN!!.... sorry mate... old age settin in.. :oops: .... I have collected so many pics of installations from the net I just forgot.. it was posted on this thread... 8-) ...

Denim (BAXR6) nothin like a couple of Eaton M90's on, to show whos BOSS....

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:55 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Slick wrote:
That manifold has two 90 degree points. the only two combustion chambers benefiting from it is 3 & 4.

it would be more beneficial having one of these free standing units. that way you still could use the factory BBM & T/B in place.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/SUPERCHARGER-EAT ... dZViewItem

I would have to agree with you on that... better free standing than placed on the manifold, PLUS.. a manifold alone would take up heaps of precious lil space available, I tried both the M90 and the M112 on my car, on the exhaust side for room and you have plenty there to work with, I think Option B.. would be the way to go if you wanted it mounted on a manifold.. but.. I think you better be prepared for that bulge in the bonnet... :)

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:59 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

I enquired in getting a M90 ported today from the one place, and for 1 hrs work IF that, they wanted $350, I sortta said, mate.. I dont wanna buy the business... just some porting done, might be better off buying the machine, and doing it myself.... VERY CAREFULLY... :-)

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 6:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

The free standing setup is more viable & cheaper to fabricate in my opinion. theres an option to run an intercooler. we all know that when air is forced through the rotors {roots type} it gets heated up by air friction.
Having it mounted directly on that restrictive manifold on photo doesn't help. you probably think why it is still making power with the heat then. well, it makes up for it by volume. but it won't be no where near as efficient as intercooling it before it enters the combustion chambers. efficiency can be anywhere between 15% to 30% plus hp depending on how you cool the air.

boost + hot air don't mix very well, especially when you're trying to eliminate detonation.

thats my opinion anyway.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Post subject: Update....
Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 8:25 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Well, today I took the car in to Dyna-mite performance in Brooklyn, whos going to be installing the Eliminator switch, another cat, take the head off, check the valve seats round number 5 and 6 cyl, for the tapping noise, install a BF intercooler for the Eaton M90, and see about making a bracket for the Eaton, NOW!!!... a question to anyone who knows... Im looking at a set of injectors off a BF FPV turbo6, in excellent cond 32lbs, will they fit the EL XR6, $100 for the set of 6, and only done 2000 k's, if they do then they would be ideal for what I want them for, Ive already ported and polished the M90, and its just DYING to jump into the engine bay and show me what it can do. :twisted: :lol:

Posted: Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

Assuming the BF is the same as the other B-Series turbos (both XR6T and F6), they use std 24lb/hr injectors.

They flow more on the XR6T and the F6 because they run a much higher fuel pressure (4-bar vs approx 2.7-bar).

Hopefully someone else can confirm this?

Posted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:14 am 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Far out, I hope your wrong on that, as he's advertising them as 32lbs.... :evil:

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:17 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EL Falcon I6

QLD, Australia

ok man, i'm keen, depending on your results and prices. just bear with me while i dribble on a little bit. Maybe i'm nieve, but i assumed the DIY kits offered by a few places included everything required, but do they seriously come without a mounting bracket? will u be supplying all necessary mounts? Also, i was once told never to buy a used supercharger, is that just someone angling for more money?what did yours cost, and is it possible to find any old supercharger and recondition it? it would be awesome if you could post stage by stage pics of your progress. i'm running an EL I6 with diff, cam and exhaust work, and i'm certainly keen for that little extra power for little dollars.

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:04 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

ezytiger83 wrote:
ok man, i'm keen, depending on your results and prices. just bear with me while i dribble on a little bit. Maybe i'm nieve, but i assumed the DIY kits offered by a few places included everything required, but do they seriously come without a mounting bracket? will u be supplying all necessary mounts? Also, i was once told never to buy a used supercharger, is that just someone angling for more money?what did yours cost, and is it possible to find any old supercharger and recondition it? it would be awesome if you could post stage by stage pics of your progress. i'm running an EL I6 with diff, cam and exhaust work, and i'm certainly keen for that little extra power for little dollars.

In the states they offer changeover services with the Eatons, and they offer full warranty like they do on the new ones here, GENERALLY speaking theres very few moving parts in it to worry about and the main ones are the bearings, so they cant be all that bad to use recoed, like the turbos I guess, these were not kits that I brought, JUST the superchargers, I was getting 144rwkw's before I took it in to get work done, so Im going to see just what difference the Eliminator switch is going to make with the injectors, (when I get them today or tomorrow)...and by how much, Im having the cam sent in and getting it profiled, JUST to make sure it will do the job, its a JMM Dev3 streetfighter cam, which isnt a bad cam, he's also going to be making up a bracket for me, for when Im ready to bolt it in, because I may have to get a smaller pwr steering pump for the Eaton to sit where I want it to, (FUN an GAMES)....once thats done, in it goes... from what people were telling me and from what I read you have to be careful of scratching inside the housing in the Eatons, I have heard and read of some very good reports so long as you have a good one recoed.. as these work on very fine tolerances, I can only post pics, when I get the car back to take them because of where the car is being worked at, but I will be posting pics of the Dyno readings too... the reason I chose the M90 was because, of its size, the ability to use it on another car easily, PLUS... you can set it up with a turbo when the time comes, the larger M112 restricts one for room... Im going to see what what FULL cost will be in the end, before I think about dealing with them, at the moment I have an M112, and 2 M90s, if anyone is interested...

Posted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:28 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

Just thought I'd post a few pics for those interested... that I found whilst searchin the net.. a couple of V8's I believe, using twin M90s, ported M90's and M112"s

Attachments:
lightningblower1.jpg
lightningblower1.jpg [ 23.88 KiB | Viewed 380 times ]
M90outlet.jpg
M90outlet.jpg [ 53.33 KiB | Viewed 398 times ]
blowers9.jpg
blowers9.jpg [ 42.69 KiB | Viewed 379 times ]
saturn5.jpg
saturn5.jpg [ 72.25 KiB | Viewed 389 times ]

Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 2:05 am 
Oompa Loompa

Ride: Ef falcon Gli sedan

WA, Australia

heres one a guy in perth has

Attachments:
100_0317.jpg
100_0317.jpg [ 136.06 KiB | Viewed 466 times ]

Posted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:22 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EF Falcon S6

WA, Australia

^^^ thats dads which im buying off him next week!

360 CL Lebaron
Whipple EF

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 11:55 am 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6 (Formally PYROAY)

WA, Australia

how much u want for the M112? and wat condition is it in?

Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 10:08 pm 
Smokin em up

VIC, Australia

IMPRTETA wrote:
how much u want for the M112? and wat condition is it in?

Ive got it listed on Ebay with the M90 also, check it out easy to find, only one there, and theyre fully rebuilt.

Sort by  
 Page 4 of 6  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next