Fordmods Logo

The Fairlane & LTD Thread 

Page 71 of 118 [ 1764 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 118  Next

Post subject: Re: The Fairlane & LTD Thread
Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:59 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: 92 ltd ford fairlane

VIC, Australia

nice love, these models had a couple over the years 89 na fairlane, 94 nc, now got a 92 LTD never had any trouble with them,:)

MY WHITE 1992 LTD FORD, lowered, tinted, 2-1/4sport exhaust, sunroof, stereo system, inline 6......

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:49 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

Sounds nice 67RCE. Be sure to keep us updated. I love your NC.

Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1993 EB XR8

QLD, Australia

SLO247 wrote:
Sounds nice 67RCE. Be sure to keep us updated. I love your NC.

Will do, The prices I have paid for the brakes and supercharger kit are criminal! It looks like I may come out of this for under $3k depending on exchange rates and ECU cost.

ILL60 - EF XR8, Sunroof, Ticky Kit, 19x8.5/19x11 TE37's, 347, AFr185's, TFS BoxRcustom converter, Hurst Quarterstick, huge billet cam.

OO0Y4 - BA2 XR6 Turbo, Nizpro Plenum, Process West stage 3 cooler, 4” dump, 3.5” exhaust, ID1000’s, ZF Auto - 11.8@116

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

NCIILANE wrote:
And I'm probably going to cop a flaming for this, but I actually like the bonnet scoop! Seems to follow the lines of the bonnet and is quite subtle without going over the top........pity you are in Vic! I have been thinking of drawing something up along those lines recently, and here it is! :P

Let the flaming begin!!!

Cheers,
Mick

Well I'm glad you mentioned it Mick I thought the scoop looked OK too!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:33 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 22 images

Ride: NF Fairlane

VIC, Australia

Yeh thanks fairv8, its a good idea to get rid of the lpg if you didnt use it, ive got the odd rattle and squeak as well slowly, getting there but you gotta expect it from a car that age but there all fixable just need time and cash(not in that order though), anyway keep at it, its all in in good fun and time.

*NF FAIRLANE RIDING ON KING SPRING ULTRAS AND 20 INCH BSA CUSTOMS*
(Watching out for speed humps and steep driveways) ;-?

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:44 pm 
Parts Gopher

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: NL Fairlane

QLD, Australia

Fairghia95 wrote:
Yeh thanks fairv8, its a good idea to get rid of the lpg if you didnt use it, ive got the odd rattle and squeak as well slowly, getting there but you gotta expect it from a car that age but there all fixable just need time and cash(not in that order though), anyway keep at it, its all in in good fun and time.

I did use the LPG, but it just caused problems and eventually the whole system needed replacing... no more backfires and all that stuff after spending a few dollars replacing the airbox, duct tube and all that today...

The fitting of the LPG system was so dodgy.. it's hard to explain in writing but today at the wreckers looking closer at some wiring under the hood of an NF V8, seeing that there are 2 x relays which sit under the coolant bottle.. i believe from reading some other threads that one is a fuel related relay and the other for the ecu... anyhow... after getting home and fitting the air intake bits and pieces, I unbolted the coolant bottle and found some other type of relays... i was wondering what those other random wires were lol no luck fitting the relays....
i have had to rewire the ecu harness and other parts around the throttle body after removing the lpg... and the Lane runs fine... especially after the TPS voltage adjustment...

Further to this, it seems that any company who fits an LPG system don't care about their quality of workmanship! Though this system was fitted back in 1999...

I'm trying to make the Lane original... the hardest will be pin pointing the original wiring and plugs which were all cut for the lpg fit.. frustrating but hey... eventually I will read up on those wiring diagrams :|

Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:22 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

VIC, Australia

NCIILANE wrote:

89S-PACK wrote:
i picked this up to replace the eb and xf..

Nice tidy example you have there, has wood too :mrgreen:

Good luck with the "tidy up" :lol: That's how I first started with the Lane as well......one thing leads to another and before you know it...........

And I'm probably going to cop a flaming for this, but I actually like the bonnet scoop! Seems to follow the lines of the bonnet and is quite subtle without going over the top........pity you are in Vic! I have been thinking of drawing something up along those lines recently, and here it is! :P

Let the flaming begin!!!

Cheers,
Mick

thanks mate..
well atm its just going to be a tidy up and enjoy.. but i wont say no to making it manual with a few good bits like gt40's and a explorer manifold though
mine has to go on lpg soon anyways.

nah not really as peoples tastes differ.
it does follow to a point but the method used to attach it isnt what i'd call good quality and in vic i wouldnt have a chance getting it past rwc with it.
also the dizzy and coil lived right under it and it coughed and f@rt like it was running on 4 cyl on the trip home in the rain.. as the bonnet bracing is cut out, and the hole in the scoop is functional

i personally dont like it. but as im planning on giving the car a new coat of paint soon its worth putting up with a white bonnet for a short while

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:57 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

I had major issues with lpg on a 89 skyline i bought years ago, i never liked the idea of duel fuel on a car but i gave it a go seeing i was travelling heaps of K,s. well where do i start ,it ran for a bit then the problems started tank was outdated,backfire problems which cost me 2 airflow meters at $400 a pop in 1 week finally got the tank restamped and updated well anyway to cut a long story short i ended up ripping out the whole lot because instead of saving me money it was costing me money and a heap of time off the road, but then ive had friends who have been runnind lpg and never had an issue. i suppose its who ever installs the things do a good job it should be ok but if it is done by dodgy inc.lol. you a probably in for a nightmare run.these days though they seem to be doing a better job on installing lpg, maby because there is a better understanding and better systems out there. But im still sticking to petrol on my fairlane its not too bad on on a tank for the k,s i get and i do alot of hwy driving.

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:59 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: Mitsubishi TE Magna

VIC, Australia

Fairghia95 wrote:
I had major issues with lpg on a 89 skyline i bought years ago, i never liked the idea of duel fuel on a car but i gave it a go seeing i was travelling heaps of K,s. well where do i start ,it ran for a bit then the problems started tank was outdated,backfire problems which cost me 2 airflow meters at $400 a pop in 1 week finally got the tank restamped and updated well anyway to cut a long story short i ended up ripping out the whole lot because instead of saving me money it was costing me money and a heap of time off the road, but then ive had friends who have been runnind lpg and never had an issue. i suppose its who ever installs the things do a good job it should be ok but if it is done by dodgy inc.lol. you a probably in for a nightmare run.these days though they seem to be doing a better job on installing lpg, maby because there is a better understanding and better systems out there. But im still sticking to petrol on my fairlane its not too bad on on a tank for the k,s i get and i do alot of hwy driving.

damn..
ive had a crap run in the past but since i bought a car with impco gear it never missed a beat.
ive had a few converters fail but there not hard to change and take it to the gas joint to get a retune done
i do alot of mixed driving atm. city and highway.

ive got a place thats willing to fit my wiring, converter, mixer tank from the eb lined up
i just have to get it out from the eb now.
kit in it was about 5 years old. and produced good power too

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:24 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

Fairghia95 wrote:

Yeah me too. It's ticking away nicely on petrol... before the injection service it was really heavy around town at about 18.5l per 100km... i've got it down to 14.5l now, though a trip to Melbourne in late Novemeber will give the Lane a good run too!!!

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 17 images

Ride: 5.0lt NF /351 ZD Fairlane

NSW, Australia

Well, I've had gas on all my Fairlanes (except the ZD) including 2 x ZC's V8's of course and never had any issues, but I've always used the same gas mob (MED at Villawood) the NF 5.0 is on gas as it is my daily driver up and down the M5 and it was fitted by someone they recommended so I think it really depends on who does it, I use a tank a week ($35) and it's gotta be cheaper than petrol!

NF Fairlane with 5.0 and 5 speed goodness!
XE Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:59 pm 
Parts Gopher

QLD, Australia

fairlane6970 wrote:
Well, I've had gas on all my Fairlanes (except the ZD) including 2 x ZC's V8's of course and never had any issues, but I've always used the same gas mob (MED at Villawood) the NF 5.0 is on gas as it is my daily driver up and down the M5 and it was fitted by someone they recommended so I think it really depends on who does it, I use a tank a week ($35) and it's gotta be cheaper than petrol!

I do agree with you. It's does totally depend on who fits the system! Haha $35 a week is better than say $90... i don't drive my Lane daily though... I get it out on the weekend... Fill her up rarely but with premium 95... that E10 stuff is no good... I've seen that they only servo that sells "normal" unleaded is 7/11.

I know with LPG it depends on where you fill up too... some gas out there is terrible :lol:

Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:32 am 
Parts Gopher

VIC, Australia

Yeh your right i remember a few years back workin in a Lpg fitting workshop alot of customers copped a real bad batch of contaminated lpg from a big name company servo. these customers had the vapour injected systems installed to there newer cars and most came back with clogged injectors or real clogged up diaphrams in there regs all from a bad batch of lpg.The only way they were covered from any warranty is if they kept the reciepts from where they last purchased the lpg from which alot of them didnt (for whos to know) so they had to pay for any damaged caused.that got alot of customer real peed off. i would be too.

Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:33 am 
Smokin em up

Ride: DL LTD - AU LTD Limousine

NSW, Australia

wow, there's a lesson in that... glad i keep ALL my receipts :shock:

Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:50 pm 
Fordmods Newbie

QLD, Australia

Just hoping someone on here might be able to help. I'm looking for the seat belt buckle and bracket for the NC/DC electric seats. I have fitted electric seats in my EB but the seats I used were from a NA fairlane and buckles will not fit the tongue on the EB seat belt.
If anyone has some lying around or know where I can pick up a set (L&R) would be very helpfull.

Thanks

We salute those brave souls that enter the DARK side

Sort by  
 Page 71 of 118  [ 1764 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 118  Next