The ins and outs of mobile speed cameras 

Page 4 of 4 [ 53 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post subject: Re: The ins and outs of mobile speed cameras
Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 9:19 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 4 images

Ride: Fordrunner 5.0 Turbo

NSW, Australia

So I'm guessing that you drove according to the law and slowed down before you got to the 80km/h sign. But the camera car snapped you well before then. f**k sneaky s**t hey.

Posted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

What you do in situation like that is open your mouth and dispute it.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:
You can buy them seppertly

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:08 am 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Just remembered something from Tuesday arvo after reading Redroos post properly.
I was driving along one of the highways which goes from 80 to 100. I was about 150mtrs away from the 100k zone when a marked car went pass. anyway, he had one of those new speed cameras that can take happy snaps of multiple speed infringement from cars going pass or behind it.
he pulled over to the side some 60-100mtrs behind on the opposite side. I never thought anything of it until now, I assume what he was doing was checking my speed to see if I hit the 100kph speed before the marked 100km zone from the 80km zone. it was pissing down hard and I gather either they're checking the accuracy of the camera against the millions of deflecting water drops in front of its line of sight or just hoping someone would go over as they build up momentum before reaching the highest posted speed limit.

Yes, Tasmania is hit by the speed infringement revenue bug. they've openly dribbled out the set target for this financial year for traffic infringement during the state budget announcement by mistake.

BTW, I'm sure the marked car that went pass had a very low profile roof lights. I'm sure of it and it look like it was clued directly on the roof and it appeared really flat. must be my eyes with all that rain OR it must be something new.

Mind f**k!!! it works on feeble minded ignorant sheeples... there's plenty of em on this site... some are very intelligent but by god they are so thick!!!

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: NF Fairlane Ghia

speed cameras are a load of bull 100% in europe they are starting to ban pole mounted speed camera due to they cause crashes i say just get some garbage bin and put them over the top of them

as a learner drive im constantly getting letters from the RTA saying how they will take my license for the tiniest infraction so im always checking my speed this could cause me to crash as it almost made me hit a kid going across a street i just checked my speedo for half a second looked up and had to slam the brakes luckily the NF has really good brakes like really good best even the mechanic who tested the NF for pink slip has ever seen in a road car and i just made it by a hair made everyone come out and look i asked the kid if he was ok luckily he said he was fine

cops pick on learners and p platers really badly i get tailed and everything and im like the one kid who cares about the car to much to thrash it or whatever and im always making sure everything is perfect in it

my dad being a truck driver he feels the real brunt of speed camera as trucks cant slow down fast at all and everyone miss understands them and assumes they can stop the same speed as a car so police and what not tend to pick on them they wait for them going down a hill even with there engine brake and brakes on they still can go down a hill faster then they can stop so they still are very capable of gaining speed down a hill cops waiting on the down slops of hills waiting on roads known for this and snap up all the truck funded revenue

trucks also have to speed up above the speed limit to make steep hills when loaded otherwise they wont make the hill or they will make it just at 5km/hr so cops also wait at these point were truckies have to speed up to get over hills...truckies are doing this to prevent a massive accident and to keep flow of traffic...now im all in favour of the truck driver pulling over stations to check loads as many arnt done right and the drug checking for them is ok to but they should target drugs at interstate truckers not the fella going from grafton to coffs or lismore or whatever what a waste of time

2km/hr accuracy is a joke no speedo can be that accurate (excluding GPS speedo)

NF Fairlane Ghia, Brand New Leather Interior, Wallnut All Through, 800W RMS JL Audio Sound System, Lowered King Springs And Monroe GT Shocks, Custom BA/GT Air Intake, Holley Highflow, Simmons B45's, Going To Be Supercharged At 9-12psi With Stage 4 Head And Cam With Pacemakers And 3" Exhaust

Posted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

TAS, Australia

Just as I thought, I spoke to a cop at the servo in town and he said the low profile light bars are made in Tasmania by a company called Hazards Systems. didn't say much about the new fancy rader systems because he wasn't in the patrol division or something.

Pakrat wrote:

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 11:33 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL GLi

RedRoo wrote:
In the last year and a half I've been issued 4 tickets for being 3 to 5 kph over the limit by mobile speed cameras, I have also received a ticket for being 8 kph over the limit, now this one is real special as the points of indication are 2.2 klm's apart and smack bang in the middle is a change of speed sign, 80-100 or 100-80 depending which way you are traveling, the camera car was in fact parked about 50 to 100 mts in the 80 kph section.

I've often wondered about that. I assume from the photo you can tell whether the car is behind or in front of the slower speed sign, but I bet a few tickets have been issued to people even though they were behind it.

Fordsrule174 wrote:
trucks also have to speed up above the speed limit to make steep hills when loaded otherwise they wont make the hill or they will make it just at 5km/hr so cops also wait at these point were truckies have to speed up to get over hills...truckies are doing this to prevent a massive accident and to keep flow of traffic...

This. Truck drivers tend to dislike people that slow down at the bottom of the hill as they can't get momentum to get up the hill at a reasonable speed...I always speed up a bit to let trucks gain a bit of speed, but if I get done for that it's my fault entirely. I usually just let trucks pass in the overtaking lanes so I don't have to worry about it.

Build Thread

the-garage-f53/benno-the-viking-s-el-t111731.html

Ain't nuthin' to it but do it!

Posted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:23 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 2 images

Ride: ef falcon, el fairmont ghia

New Zealand

Benno The Viking wrote:
RedRoo wrote:
In the last year and a half I've been issued 4 tickets for being 3 to 5 kph over the limit by mobile speed cameras, I have also received a ticket for being 8 kph over the limit, now this one is real special as the points of indication are 2.2 klm's apart and smack bang in the middle is a change of speed sign, 80-100 or 100-80 depending which way you are traveling, the camera car was in fact parked about 50 to 100 mts in the 80 kph section.

I've often wondered about that. I assume from the photo you can tell whether the car is behind or in front of the slower speed sign, but I bet a few tickets have been issued to people even though they were behind it.

Fordsrule174 wrote:
trucks also have to speed up above the speed limit to make steep hills when loaded otherwise they wont make the hill or they will make it just at 5km/hr so cops also wait at these point were truckies have to speed up to get over hills...truckies are doing this to prevent a massive accident and to keep flow of traffic...

This. Truck drivers tend to dislike people that slow down at the bottom of the hill as they can't get momentum to get up the hill at a reasonable speed...I always speed up a bit to let trucks gain a bit of speed, but if I get done for that it's my fault entirely. I usually just let trucks pass in the overtaking lanes so I don't have to worry about it.

thread mine?

Posted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:12 am 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: EL GLi

Troy wrote:

thread mine?

Whoops, I forgot to check the date on the last post. :oops:

Build Thread

the-garage-f53/benno-the-viking-s-el-t111731.html

Ain't nuthin' to it but do it!

Sort by