Fordmods Logo

VE SS to push 300kws 

Page 2 of 2 [ 23 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: ED 5 Speed GLiXR

QLD, Australia

First they use that free fuel give away to try to sell cars now they ar ehiking the power figures. Cant anyone else see this as just trying to sell cars, they always do it to try and outdo ford. The base model ss was less then 260kw, ford release the 260Kw xr8 and holden hike the power to 255kw. All holden are trying to do is create a power war with ford, but ford arent taking it, they will continue to produce a quality safe product, whilst holden pump power figures in a way to impress the holden people.

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:29 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: No Fords current

TAS, Australia

TwinturboBMX wrote:
First they use that free fuel give away to try to sell cars now they ar ehiking the power figures. Cant anyone else see this as just trying to sell cars,

mate, that's not really the greatest statement ever, i mean what else do you expect a company to do besides try to sell there product. and it is very reasonable to expect them to match the competition. the difference between that and this VE300kw is that it's not competition matching or beating, it's taking it to a hole new level.

Posted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Which is pretty much what i was getting at. I just didnt explain it very well. In my local paper they had a ford add in there with the statememnt "no free fuel, just good prices" or something like that. Ford dont need to give s**t away and take everything to a whole new level, they just push out a nice looking car, at a good price and with s**t of safety features. Now with holden going to this 300Kw lets see the road toll rise as stupid kids take mummy and daddies car for a spin.

17" Tezza Steelies, King F**king lows, pedders sports ryders, 2.5" cat back exhaust, pacemaker extractors, T5 manual
Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:18 pm 
Fordmods Addict

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Falcon

Power: 237 rwkw

VIC, Australia

blackjack_original wrote:
who the f**k needs 300kw's anyway.... they should be making the cars ligther

Give this man a beer! :D

I want car's that handle corners FFS!

ED XR8 Sprint - S-Trim, V500, 249rwkw
BF MKII F6 Tornado - 237rwkw

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 4:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: 07 BF mk2 E-gas wagon + eb 5.0

Power: 174 rwkw

SA, Australia

you can't have a car with the safety features and equipment levels the ba/bf falcon has and still expect it to be light. ok its a tad heavier than commo but its a lot more rigid as well.

as far as holden power goes, thats about all they can hang their hat on. straight line performance. as a package they suck. handling, ride quality, braking, ergonomics etc is all well behind ford at the moment. do they even get air con as std yet?

eb v8: low loud and fast. just how a v8 should be. i guess the big question is, is it fast enough...

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:13 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

prydey wrote:
you can't have a car with the safety features and equipment levels the ba/bf falcon has and still expect it to be light. ok its a tad heavier than commo but its a lot more rigid as well.

as far as holden power goes, thats about all they can hang their hat on. straight line performance. as a package they suck. handling, ride quality, braking, ergonomics etc is all well behind ford at the moment. do they even get air con as std yet?

Yethat was kinda what i was trying to get at. All holden can "hang their hat on" is this free fuel give away and stupid power figures. As nothing else will help them sell cars. As even some magazines say the BA/BF handles like its on rails.

Low, loud and Slow

Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: EF Falcon

QLD, Australia

Steady ED wrote:
blackjack_original wrote:
who the f**k needs 300kw's anyway.... they should be making the cars ligther

Give this man a beer! :D

I want car's that handle corners FFS!

You and i both know that whiteline will help this issue!! 8-)

Then you can get a car that is heavy, comfy and can handle (respectivly)
But somehow i dont think that the falcon will ever match the go kart!! :lol:

Nicco's M112 Blown, T-56 equipped EF
forums/viewtopic.php?t=68319

Posted: Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:04 am 
Fordmods Newbie

Gallery: 5 images

Ride: 87 Jaguar Sovereign

NSW, Australia

It's possible to have cars packed that full of features and still light. Take the new Jags for instance. The top model is lighter than the lightest BA (which happens to be the XT WAGON) but they're so packed with features it's ridiculus.
It's all about construction material. The new Jags are aluminium, where they used to weigh about 1900kg because they were steel.
There'd be a few problems with using ally on the falcons to reduce weight though- loss of $ at Bluescope steel to begin with, increase in $ per car, repairs more $ and difficult and aluminium has no "infinite stress" life like steel does- it fatigues no matter how little it is stressed.
So i rekon we're goin to have to cop the 1700kg that is the falcon for now and settle for more power and high fuel consumption.

A side note on that wagon thing- The IRS of the sedan weighs alot- even more than the live axle in the wagon + extra body and chassis. If you don't believe me check Ford website. (Wagon 1675, Sedan 1685kg)

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2