Fordmods Logo

Whats your opinion??? 

Page 2 of 2 [ 24 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:39 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

One Drone wrote:
Actually these days LCD screens are better than their CRT counterparts, due to the now 12ms and faster response times! However, you will have to make sure you get an LCD screen with this as I am not entirely sure if this has become a standard or if only some companies use such technology.

It is not a standard as such however 90% of LCD's on the market these days that are current products will be of this ms rating or if not higher.
Even with the highest ratings LCD's arent perfect with sports, find the best one at your desired retail store and ask for them to demonstrate some sort of sport, ie: football/golf/rugby/maybe cricket.

Im not saying that its "that" bad, but its noticably worse than CRT no matter how fast they are at todays technology levels.

Knowing this I still own multiple LCD screens, honestly its techology I would hate to live without personally.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 6:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: 2009 FG XR6 Sedan

VIC, Australia

CRT dont you mean Cathode Ray Tube hehe just though id add that!!

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:42 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

joolz wrote:
CRT dont you mean Cathode Ray Tube hehe just though id add that!!

Haha, didnt wanna state the OBVIOUS now did I? :wink: :roll:

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

with all these new LCD, plazma, projectors and so on, in the very near future CRT tv's will be a thing of the past and we will be in a throw away world where the parts to repair these items cannot be replaced and if they could it will cost more than a new appliance! its happening now as my old man has been a tech for the past 30 years and has gone through the era of valves to transistor then IC's and now in most cases its cheaper to buy a new vcr than to have them repaired. But must admit he is handy to have when buying a new appliance as he is the one that should know whats good and whats not. Sony is very well built and has high quality standards. If only LG made in car monitors as thay are also a very good brand believe it or not.

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:40 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

joolz wrote:
with all these new LCD, plazma, projectors and so on, in the very near future CRT tv's will be a thing of the past and we will be in a throw away world where the parts to repair these items cannot be replaced and if they could it will cost more than a new appliance! its happening now as my old man has been a tech for the past 30 years and has gone through the era of valves to transistor then IC's and now in most cases its cheaper to buy a new vcr than to have them repaired. But must admit he is handy to have when buying a new appliance as he is the one that should know whats good and whats not. Sony is very well built and has high quality standards. If only LG made in car monitors as thay are also a very good brand believe it or not.

I dont see CRT's becoming a thing of the past any time soon - I mean eventually yes, but there is still way too much production going into them and they are also the cheapest technology to mass produce and for people to buy.
Not everyone wants to speand money on tv's and in most cases people wish to spend $1000 and less, crazy people i know but they exist as a majority!
I know 1k sounds like a bit of cash, but it will most certainly not buy a family sized tele in LCD or Plasma technology...

Also I gota say some of LG's stuff looks nice, but i honestly would touch the crap unless you are getting a very very generous/off the back of a truck offer!
LG cut corners on what they offer in most features - you will find even most of their higher end modles dont even have your basic (re: v basic!) RCS style inputs on the front of their screens for gaming consoles..this may not bother some, but it shows how they cut off the things not everyone wants - also their build quality leaves alot to be desired to be honest.
Not bagging LG, god knows they look pretty nice for the price, but id much rather hitachi/sony/samsung/fujitsu or even panasonic if i had to!

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:55 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 33 images

Ride: EL Fairmont Ghia

TAS, Australia

gee i dunno crt will be gonna quicker than u think, i mean not in the next year or som but at my work when i started a year ago i rekon 1% of our computers had lcd monitors (out of 3000 or so) now i rekon half of them have been replaces by LCD. it is really good technology, people dont want the bulk of CRT, and newer technologies are coming down in price everyday

Posted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 11:17 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

I dont know if you caught that the old man is a TV tech and knows what breaks down and what doesnt, Samsung is one of the worst mainly because the components are poor quality but expensive to buy, panasonic is good but some internally are built rough. The reason he reccomends and buys LG is because he simply rarely gets them in to be repaired, they are good sets for the price where as sony is better but you are paying alot more.
basically what im trying to say is spend the few extra dollars and purchase quality and features you actually need and not what is all flashy, the unit will last longer and wont bite your wallet as often if and when it breaks down after the warranty period.

Posted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:09 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: falcon

VIC, Australia

i just bought 2 new 19 inch benq lcd's, 12ms response, no dead pixels.. 1400 for two. already had one 19inch flatcreen phillips...

must say im loving the setup, but then again id rather have my plasma back grrr @ the weight of plasma's :evil:

Team Cant Stop the Doof Doof

cubic inches - holdens excuse for old technology

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2004 4:20 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

Rapier wrote:
gee i dunno crt will be gonna quicker than u think, i mean not in the next year or som but at my work when i started a year ago i rekon 1% of our computers had lcd monitors (out of 3000 or so) now i rekon half of them have been replaces by LCD. it is really good technology, people dont want the bulk of CRT, and newer technologies are coming down in price everyday

I hear what you are saying and in talk of Computers then hell yer, not many come with crt screens now..
In home entertainment thou there is still a large market for those bulky crts and they are very good picture quality and come in HD ready widescreen specs.. all that at prices which wont break the bank - i myself wouldnt buy one, dont get me wrong but im just saying the market is still there and i can tell you now as much as panasonic put into making their crts its not 50% of what they put into their plasmas - that from panasonic themselves!

Same as STB's were meant to all be inbuilt by now, but theres barely a screen/television made for Australia which does have this built it - why many customers ask and i tell them what the salespeople get told: For eg, if sony were to include STB's built in their product they wouldnt sell their seperate $700 dollar STB's - this being the case if they did build them into the television, cunsumers would not "allow" a 700 price increase on the main television as theyd look at another brand, they make more money selling seperate componants and warranties!

Everything you buy in retail today has the price stripped down like a mofo, everything is an extra!
Eg: you buy a 10k plasma, many do not come with a stand/wall brakcet/cables/tuner/hd tuner/reasonable warranty/delivery/install - it all adds up and this is where retial business make their money on sales, "add ons" people!

Hope i didnt just loose my job lol. :wink:

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2