Fordmods Logo

FS - VIC - Various EL ECU's 

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2

Posted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:07 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 13 images

Ride: Holden VF Calais / NL FBT

VIC, Australia

I can vouch for Adrian, He is a very responsible and mature man, who never breaks any road laws.
His mate has an awfulyy big stretch of land which is nice and flat and has ashphalt also :)

Nicko

Post subject: Re: FS - VIC - Various EL ECU's
Posted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 11:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 3 images

Ride: EL Fairmont

VIC, Australia

arm79 wrote:
To All,

Up for grabs at the moment are a number of EL ECU's, as listed below. All these ECU's have been tested in my own vehicle as working and confirmed as to actually what they are. In terms of being tested, I have installed the ECU into my car, driven a few km in them, then run a code reader to make sure there are no faults.

96DA-12A650-NB EL Gli/Futura Auto I6 Police ECU
What it does:
No Speed Limiter
Much more agressive auto shift points.
Will upshift into next gear at absolute redline in power mode. Actually will bounce off the rev limiter once before shifting gears.

Will not shift into 4th gear below 65km/h. Good for city/low speed driving. No more labouring in 4th gear and better performance.

Will plug straight into any GLi / Futura / Fairmont without any loss of features. Can be used in a Fairlane, but you will loose Speed Sensitive Steering.

96DA-12A650-DC NL Fairlane Auto I6 ECU
What it does:
Speed Sensitive Steering. Get the same easy steering feel as any Ghia / Fairlane / LTD. All you need additionally is the speed sensitive soleonid, which can be organised additionally.
Same performance and auto shift points as standard ECU.

Will plug straight into any GLi / Futura / Fairmont to gain the Speed Sensitive Steering.

96DA-12A650-LE EL GLi / Futura / Fairmont Sth African Export I6 Auto ECU
What it does:
Speed limiter is upped to 205km/h
Slightly more power due to less emissions requirements.
Same auto shift points as standard ECU.

Will plug straight into any GLi / Futura / Fairmont. Can be used in a Fairlane, but you will loose Speed Sensitive Steering.

As stated before, all ECU's are tested as working.

The ECU's are available at $300 each.

Just remember that these ECU's are not your average EL ECU. They are something different and quite rare. As far as I know the only way to get a police ECU it to buy an ex-cop car. There arent many Fairlanes around, let alone trying to find the ECU's from them. And the Sth African export ECU's will allow you to easily lift the speed limiter on your car, something not available at all in Oz.

I am located in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne, and will offer install and test before you drive away if you want to pickup. Postage will be added to the cost for any buyers requesting postage.

Please PM me for any futher details or questions and if you wish to buy one of these ECU's.

Cheers,

Adrian.

good way to f**k ur engine? spose it would be alrite if u were racing the fuken thing!

"In the absence of orders find something and kill it."

Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:27 am 
Fordmods Junkie

Ride: Kia Rio - 1.4L Auto

Power: 238 rwkw

VIC, Australia

Timmy97EL wrote:
arm79 wrote:
To All,

Up for grabs at the moment are a number of EL ECU's, as listed below. All these ECU's have been tested in my own vehicle as working and confirmed as to actually what they are. In terms of being tested, I have installed the ECU into my car, driven a few km in them, then run a code reader to make sure there are no faults.

What it does:
No Speed Limiter
Will upshift into next gear at absolute redline in power mode. Actually will bounce off the rev limiter once before shifting gears.

Will not shift into 4th gear below 65km/h. Good for city/low speed driving. No more labouring in 4th gear and better performance.

Will plug straight into any GLi / Futura / Fairmont without any loss of features. Can be used in a Fairlane, but you will loose Speed Sensitive Steering.

What it does:
Speed Sensitive Steering. Get the same easy steering feel as any Ghia / Fairlane / LTD. All you need additionally is the speed sensitive soleonid, which can be organised additionally.

Will plug straight into any GLi / Futura / Fairmont to gain the Speed Sensitive Steering.

What it does:

Will plug straight into any GLi / Futura / Fairmont. Can be used in a Fairlane, but you will loose Speed Sensitive Steering.

Just remember that these ECU's are not your average EL ECU. They are something different and quite rare. As far as I know the only way to get a police ECU it to buy an ex-cop car. There arent many Fairlanes around, let alone trying to find the ECU's from them. And the Sth African export ECU's will allow you to easily lift the speed limiter on your car, something not available at all in Oz.

I am located in the Western Suburbs of Melbourne, and will offer install and test before you drive away if you want to pickup. Postage will be added to the cost for any buyers requesting postage.

Please PM me for any futher details or questions and if you wish to buy one of these ECU's.

Cheers,

Adrian.

good way to f**k ur engine? spose it would be alrite if u were racing the fuken thing!

Whats the difference between that and holding yr foot to the floor. These ECUs upshift after holding about 400rpm more than a normal shift. As for more agressive shift points, it just shifts up and down at different points of the rev range.

Now, maybe you dont want this, but I'm sure there are people out there that do. If you dont want it to rev that high, then you dont hold your foot all the way down all the time. Im not saying that everyone do this, just more of what the ECU can do. There are a few members on this forum that are driving ex-cop cars, and they haven't had any hassles. So it musn't "f**k your engine", as you so eloquently put it.

Now, from my point of view. This is the forsale section. While I enjoy reading a good thread, I'd appreciate if you have any comments that do not relate to buying or using these ECU's, you move them elsewhere. It pisses me off to see any of the forsale threads being taken over by unrelated discussion that clogs up the forsale post.

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:42 am 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

Timmy97EL - That's a big call straight up...considering fellow members have installed shift kits and the like without any problems - Oh and just for the record, the strain is largely relevant to the gearbox and not the engine.

Please keep this on topic.

Cheers,
Steve

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 7:57 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: 1997 Falcon EL Gli/Sleeper

QLD, Australia

dcstraight wrote:

Please keep this on topic.

Cheers,
Steve

Here here I second that. Anyway hey Arm 79. Those ECU are a very good price I must say. I would of thought you would be asking $500+ for those. A couple of question for ya, I was talking about these ECU's with my neighbour yesterday and he said that one of his mates had to have his ECU replaced and some Ford Dealer mechanic said that he could only fit a GLi ECU to a GLi and not any other one. Other wise the car would sort of reject it, and timing and everything would go out of whack and not work. Was me neighbour told the wrong info? Cause I thought that ECU being the brains of the car it wouldnt matter. Also are these ECU's just plug and play etc and what about the ODO readings etc? DO they stay the same as the car ones ? Or do you get the ECU ones

" In life their is never an Obligation just an Opportunity to..Own an awesome 1970 Ford Mach 1 Mustang! "

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:41 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

1 SLY 97EL wrote:
Anyway hey Arm 79. Those ECU are a very good price I must say. I would of thought you would be asking $500+ for those. A couple of question for ya, I was talking about these ECU's with my neighbour yesterday and he said that one of his mates had to have his ECU replaced and some Ford Dealer mechanic said that he could only fit a GLi ECU to a GLi and not any other one. Other wise the car would sort of reject it, and timing and everything would go out of whack and not work. Was me neighbour told the wrong info? Cause I thought that ECU being the brains of the car it wouldnt matter. Also are these ECU's just plug and play etc and what about the ODO readings etc? DO they stay the same as the car ones ? Or do you get the ECU ones

1. You can fit any ECU to pretty much any vehicle. I have an EL Ghia, so you know XR6 motor, speed sensitive steering, etc, and all the ECU's ran the car fine, but with less power. Considering these are Police and Fairlane ecus, they would be using the standard I6 engine, so no problems there.

2. ECU's are plug and play. Just unbolt and swap over and it works from there.

3. The ODO readings are kept in the cluster, so no they dont change.

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 1:56 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

arm79 wrote:
Timmy97EL wrote:
arm79 wrote:
To All,

What it does:
No Speed Limiter

What it does:

What it does:

Cheers,

Adrian.

Whats the difference between that and holding yr foot to the floor. These ECUs upshift after holding about 400rpm more than a normal shift. As for more agressive shift points, it just shifts up and down at different points of the rev range.

Now, maybe you dont want this, but I'm sure there are people out there that do. If you dont want it to rev that high, then you dont hold your foot all the way down all the time. Im not saying that everyone do this, just more of what the ECU can do. There are a few members on this forum that are driving ex-cop cars, and they haven't had any hassles. So it musn't "f**k your engine", as you so eloquently put it.

Now, from my point of view. This is the forsale section. While I enjoy reading a good thread, I'd appreciate if you have any comments that do not relate to buying or using these ECU's, you move them elsewhere. It pisses me off to see any of the forsale threads being taken over by unrelated discussion that clogs up the forsale post.

mate i think u missed that question mark in my post, i was not saying they definatly would do damage just that if its red lineing every time it wouldnt do it any good would it?

if u r running an ex cop ecu in econ mode is that kind of the same aas running a stock ecu in power mode?

thanx

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 2:42 pm 

Ride: Drives Like Fun

Power: 318 rwkw

Location: Melbourne Interior: Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
VIC, Australia

Timmy97EL wrote:
mate i think u missed that question mark in my post, i was not saying they definatly would do damage just that if its red lineing every time it wouldnt do it any good would it?

So now you're saying that red lining in general is not good for the engine - well *duh* - we all know the I6 is not a revvy motor - it's large bore and stroke is not designed like a 2L Jap/euro car - so of course flooring it everywhere is going to result in degradation. Attributing the EX-chaser ECU to engine destruction is not accurate when it is not solely for high RPM applications :

"Will not shift into 4th gear below 65km/h. Good for city/low speed driving. No more labouring in 4th gear and better performance."

Timmy97EL wrote:
if u r running an ex cop ecu in econ mode is that kind of the same aas running a stock ecu in power mode?

The ECU coupled with things like the TPS sensor dictates the points where the auto shifts from one gear to another (whether this be up or down).

The ECON / POWER switch operates just like normal but with the revised shift signals from the altered spec ECU.

Cheers,
Steve

Vic Cruises & Events

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:08 pm 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

Timmy97EL wrote:
arm79 wrote:
Timmy97EL wrote:
arm79 wrote:
To All,

What it does:
No Speed Limiter

What it does:

What it does:

Cheers,

Adrian.

thanx

Question mark or no question mark. That wasn't a question, it was a statement. Re-read it and tell me what you think.

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 6:58 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

i think i wuldnt mind buying one :P dare i ask wat the fuel consumption wuld b like?

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:02 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF Typhoon

VIC, Australia

Timmy97EL wrote:
i think i wuldnt mind buying one :P dare i ask wat the fuel consumption wuld b like?

It wouldnt be any different from what you have now, well not noticably unless you decide to start driving it a fair bit harder after installing it.

BF Typhoon, Dejavu - 6sp Auto, Leather, Sunroof, 19"s, Electric Pedals, Tint, FPV Sports Wheel, FPV Mats.

Posted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 8:03 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

hairy muff

Posted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:46 am 
Fordmods Junkie

VIC, Australia

As Daniel said, I can't imagine it being any different to what you have now, unless you started driving it harder and make it bounce off the redline alot. :D

Considering it doesn't shift into 4th under 65km/h, it may use a little more fuel in that regard, but I cant see it being much more. Considering how much the engine labours when it gets into 4th at that speed, it might be better on fuel as it doesnt have to work that hard to accelerate from those low speeds.

But overall, I cant see there being a difference.

Posted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 3:38 pm 
ACT Cruise Moderator

Ride: '06 BF GT-P

Power: 293 rwkw

ACT, Australia

still got the 'soooth ufricaaan' ECU?

1998 DL LTD in Sparkling Burgundy, daily, 302W, stereo, slow
2006 BF GT-P in Ego, mods. Supercharged 5.8L all alloy modular

Sort by  
 Page 2 of 2  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2