Fordmods Logo

Bitsa EA and daily AU 

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ] Go to page 1, 2  Next

Post subject: Bitsa EA and daily AU
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:31 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EAII Ghia & AUII Fairmont

VIC, Australia

G'day. I thought I'd show off my 1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia. I got it about 7 years ago as a mint stocker, but have done a lot of changes since.

The first thing people will notice is the Scorcher front bar. I combined that with Sprint side and rear skirts, and an XR lip spoiler. I fitted EF handles, mirrors, and fuel flap, and EB C-pillar trims. I put on clear indicators, and the headlights have black around the reflectors. I removed the side moulds, and colourcoded the upper rear bumper to match. I also fitted NL chrome window trims. The wheels are genuine SVOs, which measure 16x7" at the front, 16x8" at the rear.

Mechanically it still features the original 3.9litre, but the old 4 speed was ditched in favour of a T5 manual. It has Pacemaker 4499 extractors, a high flow cat, and a 2.5" exhaust. I've done a thermofan conversion, and it features a K&N panel filter with an XH snorkel. In the near future, I'll be doing a serpentine conversion, which will also give the chance to fix a few little issues with it. I'm also considering a BBM conversion. I've also got a Wade 977b cam waiting to go in, and once I paint my AU rocker cover, it'll go on too. The car sits on King Springs Lows with Monroe shocks.

Now the interior, I haven't gone too nuts but it's full of subtle changes. The gearstick has a custom leather gearboot (it's not EB GT), and an aftermarket gearknob. It has an ED Ghia leather wrapped steering wheel, EBII climate and trip computer, full ED pillar trims (except the upper b-pillar trims due to the seatbelt mounts being different - I've got an idea what to do there though), EL Ghia kickpanels, and some in-dash cupholders. The interior light is from an NL Fairlane. I'm planning to put the matching lights in the back too. The stereo features a Jaycar DVD player headunit, a Response Amp, 6.5" 3-way Clarions in the back, and I managed to get some 6.5" Clarions to fit in the front also. They have tweeters in the centre, and a pair of crossovers sit just behind the armrest. Obviously I had to cut the door slightly to fit these, as being an EA, it originally had 4" fronts.

I decided I also wanted the 6.5" speaker hole in the doortrims, and wanted the more modern interior locks, so I grabbed a set of ED Fairmont doortrims, and swapped the inserts and map pockets over to the EA ones to keep the 2-tone look. I then gave them a good clean before fitting them. I like this as they still look fairly standard, which was my aim with the interior. The interior was the main reason I got the car in the first place, and it's still in great condition. Anyway that's enough blabbing on. Here are the pics of the machine!

In this one, I hadn't put the chrome window trims on yet

Engine bay will look very different before too long:

The interior:

1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia
Platinum Silver - 5 speed

EL engine, BBM, SVO wheels, Sprint kit, Scorcher front bar, XR lip, EF handles, mirrors & fuel flap, 2.5" exhaust, pacemaker extractors and high flow cat, serpentine conversion, AU rocker cover, heaps more

Last edited by ea_silver_ghia on Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Bitsa EA
Posted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:35 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 10 images

Ride: SF5 Forester

NSW, Australia

nice car.

R.I.P Tobias my son.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:36 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Thanks mate

1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia

EL engine, BBM, SVO wheels, Sprint kit, Scorcher front bar, XR lip, EF handles, mirrors & fuel flap, 2.5" exhaust, pacemaker extractors and high flow cat, serpentine conversion, AU rocker cover, heaps more

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 1:51 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 32 images

Ride: BA XR6T (mix of BA, BF and FG)

WA, Australia

Looks like it'd be almost identical to my EA II Ghia before we modded them both...

very nice.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 10:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF Fairmont, XG Ute

I don't know if I have ever commented on this on Boosted, but its a damn nice car and I love what you have done with it. Nice work.

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:18 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

Thanks fellas. I reckon it's come along alright for a 19 year old bucket

1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Fri May 01, 2009 5:26 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 27 images

Ride: 1995 EF Fairmont

New Zealand

Mate, that has to be one of the nicest looking EA's ive seen!! The SVO look suits it well :wink:

Money Talks, But All Mine Ever Says Is Goodbye
EF Fairmont - EFF111 Build Thread

Posted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:59 am 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

KWIKXR wrote:
Mate, that has to be one of the nicest looking EA's ive seen!! The SVO look suits it well :wink:

Cheers. I've actually had someone ask if it was a genuine SVO! It just has the wheels! I was going to put an SVO grille on it at one stage but decided it made the front look too busy, and sold it.

1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

New update: I've finished the serpentine conversion and I'm loving it. The steering feels nicer, the more powerful alternator copes better with the thermos, I did notice a very minor performance increase, hopefully it no longer leaks oil, and my days of throwing power steering belts appear to be over!

Anyway here's a photo of the new setup.

I still need to give the engine bay a degrease, rerun one of my power steering lines (as I did it wrong), and put this on:

1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:48 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Hey Dezza

Serpentine Conversions are great.

MMMM Red rocker cover.

Will it rev faster now?

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:57 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Hey Dezza

Serpentine Conversions are great.

MMMM Red rocker cover.

Will it rev faster now?

BenJ

I hope so :D

Unfortunately on that bombshell I'm having waterpump issues. My first attempt at fitting it leaked badly. Yesterday I had a mechanic mate redo it with another water pump. It was great for about a day, but it's started leaking again! An absolute PIA

1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:05 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Are you using second hand water pumps?

I have heard many tales of leaky second hand pumps, due to the dual gaskets ets, and used a new one when I did my Serpentine Conversion on the ED Engine.

BenJ

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

VIC, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Are you using second hand water pumps?

I have heard many tales of leaky second hand pumps, due to the dual gaskets ets, and used a new one when I did my Serpentine Conversion on the ED Engine.

BenJ

Yeah, I might need a new one. It went from rather leaky to extreme waterfall today. The one we put on was mint too. There was no problem with the 2nd gasket (unlike the 1st waterpump). It looked great. We're checking it out again tonight so hopefully we can fix it

1990 EAII Fairmont Ghia

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:41 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 9 images

Ride: 1990 ea 5 speed

SA, Australia

hey this mite sound stupid but what is a serpentine conversion is it powersteering or something lol

89 ea falcon " panda" ef 5spd i6 engine with wade 1673 cam shaved ported head, full stainless 2 n half inch zaust 20 inch rims n 330mm brake upgrade soon to hae m90 blower running 12 pound pulley :D

Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:45 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

The serpentine belt system is used on EF onwards falcons. Instead of three different belts to run all the accessories, it uses a single belt.

I hope that helps.

BenJ

Sort by  
 Page 1 of 2  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next