Fordmods Logo

BRY40L 

Page 71 of 76 [ 1140 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 76  Next

Post subject: Re: **BRY40L's el-ghia-gli-xr build**
Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EBII, XR6

NSW, Australia

Double post dumb iPhone -.-

Weekender: 07 BFII XR6T - Conquer
Retired: 1992 EBII SXR6 - Black Pearl

Last edited by Lukeee on Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 1 images

Ride: EBII, XR6

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
lukeee wrote:
Thats no good to hear!
Mine has a bit of rust in the outer sills too however it hasn't gotten noticeably worse for a few years now...
Maybe hold off the paint job and just monitor the rust over the next year?
You could always just buy a cleaner rust free shell for cheap and put all your running gear/interior into that or as you said just move on altogether, it all comes down to home much you really like the car I guess :(
All the best!

im sick of pulling out the spanners every day I have off of ticking something off the list only to add something else, I say I should quit now and break even lol, if I bought a small run around and only fixed things that are important like tyres or the odd ball joint id have a deposit on a house in a couple years easily :/

I know exactly how you feel :(
I'm in the same situation atm, brakes need doing, master cylinders leaking, auto needs a service, radiator needs to be cleaned/flushed/replaced etc etc..
I just keep putting them off haha!
I'm thinkIng of doing the same in regards to buying a small cheap run about, need to work out whether it's worth it in terms of petrol/rego etc which I need to do tomorrow!
It's gay having a low paying job while studying lol :(

Weekender: 07 BFII XR6T - Conquer
Retired: 1992 EBII SXR6 - Black Pearl

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:16 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: BF XR6,

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
You might cry with what i have had to pay. Basically f**k all.

How much have you spent? If a grand in maintenance which includes plugs, leads, tyres and oils then that's ok
If more, then it's a concern

Rear shocks $180
Rear springs 130+ postage
Clutch $250
Brakes including pads over $300 (yet to install rears)
Extractors $200
Gasget kit/head bolts over $200
Power window stuff $50
Seats $100 and thevdrivers seat pan is fudged again
Carpet cleaner $150
Clutch cabled x2 50+50
Spare car $500

Things that still need fixing:
Roof lining $200
Rust/panel beating and paint at least 3g-5g
Engine and clutch,
Power window conversion
Rear bushes $500 +fitting
Theres alot more I havent added, I also need a new set of wheels because pokice literely kicked the centre caps off my mags thevother day when I was pulled over, didnt realise til I got home, long story lol

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:30 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
uniacidz wrote:
You might cry with what i have had to pay. Basically f**k all.

How much have you spent? If a grand in maintenance which includes plugs, leads, tyres and oils then that's ok
If more, then it's a concern

Rear shocks $180
Rear springs 130+ postage
Clutch $250
Brakes including pads over $300 (yet to install rears)
Extractors $200
Gasget kit/head bolts over $200
Power window stuff $50
Seats $100 and thevdrivers seat pan is fudged again
Carpet cleaner $150
Clutch cabled x2 50+50
Spare car $500

Things that still need fixing:
Roof lining $200
Rust/panel beating and paint at least 3g-5g
Engine and clutch,
Power window conversion
Rear bushes $500 +fitting
Theres alot more I havent added, I also need a new set of wheels because pokice literely kicked the centre caps off my mags thevother day when I was pulled over, didnt realise til I got home, long story lol

awwwwwwww stop your sooking,i told you to buy a better car,you want to play super fixer and be broke,go ahead its your money pit.you got a lot of fun to fit all those parts,did you buy a first aid kit and pain killers for your new injuries?

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

Looking at a newer small car in the next week, if I get it rego will be removed from this and it shall be tucked away in.the shed until I have time to do something "fix or dismantle"

BF XR6
xr8 snorkel,typhoon lower snorkel,territory intake pipe,20% underdrive kit,pacemaker extractors,high flow cat,xforce exhaust,t56 conversion hd turbo clutch/ flywheel,m86 3.45 lsd,custom tune187.1rwkw as an auto

Posted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:12 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

bry40l wrote:
Looking at a newer small car in the next week, if I get it rego will be removed from this and it shall be tucked away in.the shed until I have time to do something "fix or dismantle"

YIPPEEEEE,NEW TUFFFFFFFFF SMALL MUSCLE CAR-------MIGHTY BOY,LANCER?

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:22 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
hans hartman wrote:
bry40l wrote:

Sometimes i wish i had a small car, but then again i love the rumble of a V8.

Oh hum

My mate just bought a vt ss 6 speed in top nick and also owns a cammed vp ss with a fully built auto and to.be honest they both bore s**t out of me just like my el does, they honestly dont feel very much better in power, going straight from my old auto ef into a 6 speed ss was a big shock for me tho lol
Small car means less money needing to be spent on go fast/ bling bits and petrol which means having money left over every week and hopefully im smart enough to save for a house,

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:26 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
bry40l wrote:
uniacidz wrote:
hans hartman wrote:
bry40l wrote:

Sometimes i wish i had a small car, but then again i love the rumble of a V8.

Oh hum

My mate just bought a vt ss 6 speed in top nick and also owns a cammed vp ss with a fully built auto and to.be honest they both bore s**t out of me just like my el does, they honestly dont feel very much better in power, going straight from my old auto ef into a 6 speed ss was a big shock for me tho lol
Small car means less money needing to be spent on go fast/ bling bits and petrol which means having money left over every week and hopefully im smart enough to save for a house,

Sounds like you need a flutter car. Turbo mighty boy
house loan- then a nice car or if that fails turbo something and rent for the rest of my life lol. I need to fix my dvd/blue ray addiction at the moment lol

BF XR6

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:15 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

house loan- then a nice car or if that fails turbo something and rent for the rest of my life lol. I need to fix my dvd/blue ray addiction at the moment lol you are side tracked with too many game plans,focus on your goals,its not easy.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:47 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

hans hartman wrote:
house loan- then a nice car or if that fails turbo something and rent for the rest of my life lol. I need to fix my dvd/blue ray addiction at the moment lol you are side tracked with too many game plans,focus on your goals,its not easy.

If I take away my car ill have too much time/ money on my hands and id find it hard to keep busy, at the moment im only working 7 nights a fortenite and earning more money than I was working 6 days a week :s
anyways enough about my brain f**k ideas, also been offered a festiva for 500 unreg but I think with a roady

BF XR6

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:36 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

If I take away my car ill have too much time/ money on my hands and id find it hard to keep busy, at the moment im only working 7 nights a fortenite and earning more money than I was working 6 days a week :s
anyways enough about my brain f**k ideas, also been offered a festiva for 500 unreg but I think with a roady[/quote]
on a good day they arnt road worthy,you would kill it in 2 weeks,look harder.there must be better buys around. get you started-http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Suzuki-Mighty-Boy-300kg-1985-Ute-2-SP-Automatic-543-cc-Carb-/110935101559?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item19d43f5077

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:12 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

uniacidz wrote:
Hans, what is going on with your quoting of late?

i can see him throwing a lot of cash at cars,and cant see any head way.if he had 1 good car great,i see a lot of work and no result as yet.i would like to see him in a good car and move forward towards his goals.a money pit he cant afford is nice,but in the end its only a car.

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:28 am 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

any car that you modify from std makes it a money pit, you can pour thousands into a car and at the end of the day its still worth f**k all...

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:41 am 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

TROYMAN wrote:
any car that you modify from std makes it a money pit, you can pour thousands into a car and at the end of the day its still worth f**k all...

you and i know it :D :D :D

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 5:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

NSW, Australia

I can afford to do it im time rich and have the $$ im just thinkin do I bother spending the next 2 years fixing it or making it into a nice car only to decide Its just an old car and trade it on a new model. I drove it today and have decided to park it, buy another car and do the clutch/ engine gasgets and bolt the ticky head on, see how I like it then if I dont im sure ill pullat least 2000 for it on the side of the road

The slotted front rotors and bebdix pads are working great! I had to pull up fast and it stoped right away

BF XR6

Sort by  
 Page 71 of 76  [ 1140 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74 ... 76  Next