Fordmods Logo

Corbin's ef xr6 turbo build 

Page 6 of 20 [ 297 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next

Post subject: Re: Ef turbo build
Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:27 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ef XR6t

QLD, Australia

Called up Pits in the gold coast yesterday and got my car booked in for a tune on the 23rd of this month :D so amped!!! Haha

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread
http://www.fordmods.com/the-garage-f53/ef-turbo-build-t103080.html

Posted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:51 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Got some new leads just to be extra sure it will be optimum for when it goes on the dyno, also painted my intercooler pipes with gloss black engine enamel because the lack of paint was attracting surface rust. :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t
Garrett gt3582r, 6 boost manifold, turbosmart 50mm gate, microtech ltx-12s, eboost, 044, 60lb siemens deka, 3.45 Tru Trac. 333.4rwhp@12psi Tuned by P.I.T.S

Build Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:44 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Just a few more pics, changed the leads this afternoon/night. Cut them to my own length and ran them individually over the rocker cover for less clutter and make it look a bit more tidy. (Gotta love working into the night)

And the 2 other pics i found, was when my car was in the exhaust shop getting the 3 inch turbo back system

Then tomorrow the injectors are going in :)

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:18 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

Took the car down to pits in the gold coast today for a tune, it made 301.7rwhp on 10.7psi
pretty happy everything went to plan and my wastegate actually only ran 5.5psi gate pressure so we used the eboost to run 7 psi for low boost and 10psi for high. Clutch didnt slip at all :D so pretty stoked about that.

Such a stuff around last night though i rolled the car off the drive way onto the road to try and load it on the trailer to find out the ramps were too steep and scratched the s**t out of my front bar. So i had to get the tools and flood light out to put my stock injectors back in to start it and put it back on the driveway so that i could back the trailer up to the gutter so that it would drive on. Then i had to put injectors back in this morning once i got it off the trailer at pits and when he came out to put it on the dyno and fiddled with the hand controller for 2 seconds and got it started with the bigger injectors..... would of been handy to know how to do that last night haha.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:19 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EL xr6

VIC, Australia

about 230kw's thats pretty good power.how does it handle on the road man?

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

My Build: the-garage-f53/daniels-el-xr6-build-t100586.html

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:42 pm 

Ride: AU XR8

NSW, Australia

not a bad result mate...

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:27 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

wild-el wrote:
about 230kw's thats pretty good power.how does it handle on the road man?

It handles good, feels like my diff puts power to both wheels more often because there is more torque going through the diff. Makes peak power at around 4500rpm

i dont know if its me but it feels really fast because i have been driving a vitara around as a daily for the past 3 months haha

TROYMAN wrote:
not a bad result mate...

Yeah pretty happy with the outcome. Next step is better clutch, put my heavier wastegate spring back in to up the boost to around 12 or 13psi, possibly a cam and then a retune for the near future when i want a bit more out of it.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:31 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

how come you dont put an auto in with a stally?? will spool up quicker then the manual and dont have to mess around with clutch's??

yeah when i was driving my girlfriends colt around while my car was out of action once i sat back in mine seemed like a bullet and thats non turbo.but then your drive it the whole day you get used to it lol

EL xr6,standard a** au motor,hi-tech headers, 2 1/2inch red back,,Tikky kitted and wingless,Black GT-P's,on ultra lows and still too high

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:01 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

All this turbo talk . I want my turbo on now lol
1 year to go

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:59 pm 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

wild-el wrote:
how come you dont put an auto in with a stally?? will spool up quicker then the manual and dont have to mess around with clutch's??

yeah when i was driving my girlfriends colt around while my car was out of action once i sat back in mine seemed like a bullet and thats non turbo.but then your drive it the whole day you get used to it lol

I like the feeling of the manual box if you know what I mean. I just wouldn't be able to keep my left leg still haha.

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
All this turbo talk . I want my turbo on now lol
1 year to go

Yeah I know what you mean, I'm so glad to have finally got it running, it satisfies to know all the money/time I've spent on this build has paid off. Definatly motivates me to keep modifying/upgrading it.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:18 am 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 8 images

Ride: EL XR6

NSW, Australia

Well I have to wait till I'm off my p's . I've got 85% Of a turbo kit. Just need j3 chip and intercooler, piping, wastegate and bits n bobs lol

Its f**k how nsw isn't allow to drive turbo , v8 on p's but ACT is. I know it's a separate state but ffs it's in still in nsw . :twisted:

El XR6 Turbo
Dark Agents,Sunroof, bilstein shocks, 6000k HIDS, 329 mm slotted rotors, twin pot calipers , Climate Control, GarrettT04 turbo,log manifold, crow turbo cam, microtech lt10c, 42lb injectors , 044, surge tank , T56 , rebuilt bottom end , alloy plenum .

Aiming for 300 rwkw

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:29 am 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

yeah i wanna turbo mine too but yes saddly on my p's for another 3 years i think :x ill end up with a turbo soon any ways lol and yeah i know what you mean about the feel in the manual but still your gonna go throught clutch's i reckon.

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:37 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:
Well I have to wait till I'm off my p's . I've got 85% Of a turbo kit. Just need j3 chip and intercooler, piping, wastegate and bits n bobs lol

Its f**k how nsw isn't allow to drive turbo , v8 on p's but ACT is. I know it's a separate state but ffs it's in still in nsw . :twisted:

Yeah I started buying turbo bits when I was still on my P's. Better getting the stuff before hand slowly over time so that you don't blow your bank account in one go lol.

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:46 am 
Getting Side Ways

QLD, Australia

wild-el wrote:
yeah i wanna turbo mine too but yes saddly on my p's for another 3 years i think :x ill end up with a turbo soon any ways lol and yeah i know what you mean about the feel in the manual but still your gonna go throught clutch's i reckon.

Yeah I don't mind :) the clutch/flywheel combo troyman used to have supposedly held up pretty well with the power he was making. I'll probably opt for something similar when I run a bit more boost. But when I finish my apprenticeship and I'm on a bit better money I'll probably go for a tko600 or something similar with a twin plate clutch. That way I won't ever have to worry about it. Just costs a few $$ to do it Lol. But yeah just a personal preference :)

Just Falcon Around.
EF xr6t

Build Thread

Posted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:49 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: EF-XR8chaser

NSW, Australia

ef_falcon_95 wrote:

simple -move to act and give ranga a hard time.v8 twin turbo

R.I.P HANS HARTMAN

Sort by  
 Page 6 of 20  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 20  Next