kawi's EA with AU XR6 

Page 8 of 10 [ 144 posts ] Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post subject: Re: kawi's EA with AU XR6
Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:18 pm 
Smokin em up

Ride: EA, EB GT kit, AU XR6 HP engine

QLD, Australia

ashcook wrote:
f**k, what a bunch of a***hole. I'd be posting their name up everywhere so no others out there ever have to deal with people who treat their clientele like absolute s**t. Your the one paying them, they should be bending over backwards to do anything you damn well ask. f**k I hate C*** like that. Sorry to rant on but there is no way I would put up with that or ever wish any one else to ever have to.

I'm glad you have your car back as I know you've said you've had some hard times recently. So it must be a good feeling to have your toy back. But you paid very good money for a half done job. And then you get laughed when they take YOUR car for a drive with the suspension in pieces. Thats really f**k up.

That basically sums my feelings right up minus a few curse words, thanks man!

I wish I didn't have to deal with them either, but I'm 50KM from anywhere and I had absolutely no one. I am stoked the job is finally done though (and I'm going to be happy putting the rest back together and even improving it more myself now). It's amazing how much I have missed having "my own car" even though I've only just recently started driving. Really made me think how much you can take things for granted.

I'm definitely going to do my best to keep it in tip top shape whilst modding it more :)

Anyone know how hard it is to swap shocks and springs if you have 1.5 hands? My right hand still has the wire in it, I go back on Dec 1 to hopefully have it removed and start driving again. After I get it registered I want to put the munro shocks and springs off the red EB onto my car but I really don't have anyone to help.

Mods to come:

Lower
Exhaust
Clear indicators
Tidy up wiring

EA Fairmont, EB GT kit w/o wing, AU XR6 HP engine, 17's lol Buy it
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0628130825

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:04 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

ashcook wrote:
Sorry man for all the swearing, I just hate people disrespecting others than taking their money for it. I'm sure all the bad things that happened weren't outlined in the invoice. Therefore they simply should not have happened.

But enjoy your car man, your first ones are the ones you always remember and learn the most from.

Take it easy though with that hand. I've broken 3 wrists and who knows how many bones in my hands. I have screws in my left wrist. They take years before they start to feel normal again and still feel weak at times now. Don't push it with the springs and heavy work on your car. Take your time. It wont take much to hurt your hand as its still so fresh.

HAHA nah man, I meant you summed up my feelings except you didn't put enough f**k in hahahaha

Far out man, how bad was your hand when you broke the bones in it?

Here's mine

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:40 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

ashcook wrote:
Hahaha, that is bloody funny. I thought I held back a bit too. If that was me, I'd be seeing red and have their business plastered up every where explicitly stating what they did.

Man you got those bones good. I've fractured the outside ones before punching s**t and also when a spanner has slipped a few times. Did that twice in about a month. Broke it good both times. But I never needed pins. Looks like there was no way you could go without them in yours.
The bigger breaks in my wrists I had were all from either over shooting or coming up short on my CR250. Every time I broke the scaphoid, radius and other bones in my hands. First time was on a triple, came up short. I woke up under water in a puddle with a broken wrist and several broken ribs. Stupid me was riding on my own too. Second one was a huge flat land. Third was a d***head road out onto the landing ramp of a 25m step up. 3rd gear wide open and I landed straight into him. Didn't even touch the ground. That was a big one. Needed the screw to hold my schaphoid together. Still in there doing that still.

I have one xray of my right femur after I was hit by a car on my XR650. Hit me head on, snapped my bike in two and wrote the car off. My femur broke just above my knee and my leg contracted 6 inches. They had to winch it back before putting a steel rod inside my femur from my hip to me knee. Its still in there too. Tore the ligaments in my knee, damaged my hip and broke my collarbone. BUT I'm still alive and thats all that matters.

Holy s**t man, you've been through the wars aye, very lucky to bounce back from injuries like that, do you still ride? To my surprise I've had big spills on moto's but never broken anything. I've had my KX land on my from about 20 ft up when my throttle got stuck and I hit a kicker. I bailed off and got tackled by it lol.

Hmmm, my throttle cable in the falcon is stiff as a board, it's out of the s**t EB and it was stiff as f**k in that, too. Could I lubricate it the moto way with some cable lube or some WD? Or is it easier to replace it?

Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:59 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

ashcook wrote:
That big crash I had when I got hit by the car was in 02. Took me about 18 months to get back on a bike. I was working in bike shops at the time and did for a few more years after. I got back into motorcross. I got another CR250 02, then a 04 CRF450. I was getting to sore all the time so I set up my 450 for supermoto. That was heaps of fun but I had no-one to ride with so I stuck with road bikes. Had a string of them, 99 CBR919, 00 VTR1000F, 01 R1, 01 SP1, another 01 R1, 01 CBR929, 04 R1 streetfighter and that was my last. Sold it two years ago just before my daughter was born to go back to rehab and have my leg sorted out. I recently finished up with the physio and gym trainer. It helped but its still not great.

I still have my little CRF50 which I bought new in 04 and spent way too much money on. Good thing I was in the bike shop and getting major discounts. It was heading towards the 10 grand mark. I spent 600 on an alloy 88cc barrel for crying out loud. What was I thinking?

I'd say it'll be a while till you get back on yourself yeah?

A lot of the time when a cable gets tight, its from the inner cable wearing a groove on the inside of the outer cable. It digs in the groove and bites in. You can rotate it so the groove is on the opposing side, or buy a new one. I always avoided lubing cables as the lube would hold the dust. and cause it to stuff up quicker.

So could I just unhook it from the TB and rotate it?

That's cool man, but I'd spew if I spent that much on a pitty haha, although there are lots of mini races around the brissy area, idk how big it is in new castle?

I stopped racing a long time ago, I am looking at getting a ramp (not to be competitive, just for fun), but at the moment my KX has no engine in it. I gave the bike a full rebuild and sent the engine away to the bike shop to be done (I do my topends but I've never done a bottom and I seized the main bearing) and the gearbox is stuck in between two gears, so I have to get the engine back.

As soon as I get it back I'll be whacking it in and hitting the small 30 ft tt in my backyard. If it hurts I'll just land no handers. Pretty determined to get back riding ASAP as I haven't ridden for a year, so I can't let my hand stop me :)

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:15 am 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

ashcook wrote:
Yeah try that. Unhook it and rotate it 180 degrees. If that doesn't help you may a frayed wire and its binding up inside the outer cable.

When I built my 50, it was before any chinese ones were available. Thats why the Honda's were so dear to build up to make them go well. I also paid 400 for a cam for it. But it f**k hammers!!! It'll kill a 110 or 125.

After all the broken bones and plaster it was time to keep at least one wheel on the ground. I never got to hit up a ramp. I got the 300kph bug. Its hard one to kick too. Road bikes are awesome fun but you have to realise at some point that riding like a tool every day is a quick way for your kids to lose their Dad. I really like going to Eastern Creek though, so hopefully I'll get another track bike again one day.

So were you into it when the big names were Fast fifty's and Chilly fifty's?

Dude, riding a road bike at that sort of speed would be an absolute rush! I've always loved R1's, GSXR's and Ninja's Busa's and the ZX 14 seem a bit too monstrous for me. What sort of bike do you ride now? I'm looking at going for it my bike license next year sometime. I could do it in December because I'd be old enough but I'll be spending my cash on other things (maybe an exhaust haha).

Oh and with the cable, I'd have to disconnect it at both ends, right? I've never messed with pedals on a car, how do I get to the end of the cable?

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:02 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

ashcook wrote:
Yeah I got a lot of stuff of Chilli 50's. Also a lot out of BBR and some other stuff out of the US.

The 04 R1 was my last bike. But I sold it as my hip and leg were hurting all the time. Wasn't sleeping well. So I thought the only way to get any help was to go back to the physio. My accident is all covered by workers comp so I basically get whatever treatment I ask for. But I'm still sorting myself out health wise and now with 4 kids I just time have the time to go. Maybe in a year or two I might get another Fireblade. I'd even like to get another XR650 as I still have all my supermoto set-up. They have no problem doing 200 which is bloody fast for a dirt bike.

Just try unhooking the end at the throttle body. Put a little mark on one side of the cable so its clear to see if you have rotated it.

Is that with a gearing change if you want the XR650 to hit 200? That's heaps fast for a dirtbike!

Thanks for the cable tip, I'll give it a whirl.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:30 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

I have absolutely had it with this stupid belt. I can't get it to stop squealing for the life of me!

I was told to take the belt off and turn every pulley the belt passes to see if it's rough or notchy to turn. I can't do this because I can't get a socket into the pulley to move it out and I only have one hand that kinda works.

Is there anything I can do to work out how to stop the squeaking?

Putting soap or WD40 on the belt periodically stops the squeaking but it comes right back and it's horrendously loud.

Finished off the thermo fans, both work now :)

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:15 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: 94 ED falcon

QLD, Australia

Tighten the belt tensioner/s up as much as you can worked in the ED many times, but it doesn't have a serpentine set up......YET!

With the cable use graphite power as is lubricates the wirer without chance of dust building up for a wet lube like WD ect.

Looks like you did i good job with your hand haha yep it was defiantly broken lol.

Regards,

Michael.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:16 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

From what you are describing, the belt is not what is squeaking, but one of the pulleys.

What you have been advised to do is exactly what you need to do to find out which one.

You can grab the belt near the water pump pulley and lift it up slipping it off. But you do need two hands to get it back on.

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:32 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Gallery: 11 images

Ride: EB1 Fairmont Ghia T5 Wagon

NSW, Australia

Are you running the serpentine belt setup now? or still have the EB 3 belt setup?

BenJ

BenJ's EB T5 DOHC Ghia Wagon - Current Ride
BenJ's EB GL Sedan - Previous Ride
My respect and thanks go to - snap0964, Paulmac, SWC and MRE-50L

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:07 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

BenJ wrote:
Are you running the serpentine belt setup now? or still have the EB 3 belt setup?

BenJ

It's running the serpentine set up at the moment with EL thermo's.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:17 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

BenJ wrote:
From what you are describing, the belt is not what is squeaking, but one of the pulleys.

What you have been advised to do is exactly what you need to do to find out which one.

You can grab the belt near the water pump pulley and lift it up slipping it off. But you do need two hands to get it back on.

BenJ

Thanks man, I'll have a go this way. I might have a mate coming over tomorrow to give me a hand with things.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:18 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

ashcook wrote:
Standard gearing on the XR650 would get up there but not quite the 200 mark. I put 10 extra teeth on the back of mine and it would still hit the 140 or so mark no problem. It just turned into a wheelie machine. But not real solid at high speeds with the dirt tyres. 17 inch super moto wheels would be much better.

Any progress with it today? Too hot here to be working on cars today.

Been about 35 here today I guess, only wired in the fuse for the thermo fans and went over the job they'd done a bit.

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: ED Pwnage Pwr!!

SA, Australia

How did they wire up the fans?

Adelaide Motorplex < Click on it! You know you want too!
ED HP AU XR6, Wade, T5, and all the usual stuff!

Quote:
Thats not the point *a**hole

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:52 pm 
Smokin em up

QLD, Australia

4LEDboy wrote:
How did they wire up the fans?

I bought a wiring kit, but it was massacred. There's a fuse and wiring to a relay for each fan. I had to put another fuse and fuse holder in it coz the guy ran out and only one fan was going.

Sort by  
 Page 8 of 10  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next