Fordmods Logo

Mark's EL XR6 - BF F6 DOHC transplant in progress!! 

Page 3 of 10 [ 137 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next

Post subject: Re: Mark's EL XR6 - BF F6 DOHC transplant in progress!!
Posted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

Ride: EL XR6

WA, Australia

bollocks wrote:
Looks good buddy!

Coming from you, that's a definite compliment ...thanks mate :wink:

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd manual, with BF F6 TYPHOON motor and supporting mod's, 3" exhaust etc..
(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

My car here: the-garage-f53/mark-s-el-xr6-bf-f6-dohc-transplant-in-progress-t106821.html
BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:21 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

My very dusty front bar loosely fitted, lol

It's not properly bolted up with everything sitting flush ...but you get the idea

Hot Chilli Red EL XR6, 5-spd manual, with BF F6 TYPHOON motor and supporting mod's, 3" exhaust etc..
(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

My car here: the-garage-f53/mark-s-el-xr6-bf-f6-dohc-transplant-in-progress-t106821.html
BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:58 am 
Getting Side Ways

Ride: Falcon

NSW, Australia

hey Mark if this is still in Perth have a chat to Rob @ Monsta torque regarding you tune, I garrantee you that you wont be disapointed.

Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:24 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

AUXR8 2 wrote:
hey Mark if this is still in Perth have a chat to Rob @ Monsta torque regarding you tune, I garrantee you that you wont be disapointed.

Yeah, I know about Monsta Torque.

Car is still in NSW, and it's being tuned at BTA Motorsports.

If I need further tuning later when the car is back in WA, I will look at either XFT or Monsta Torque.

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:31 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Pretty much all ready for the tune this Friday..

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:52 am 
Stock as a Rock

Gallery: 12 images

Ride: BA F6 TYPHOON

VIC, Australia

How did the tune go buddy?

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:47 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

I made 405 rwhp / 298 rwkw at 12 psi, and approx 711 nm of torque, with more in it ...but the supposedly new Siemens Deka 60lb injectors I recently bought were really hampering anything higher, apparently fluctuating up to 30% of their duty cycles, which probably explains why Tuff Car Parts were selling them off so cheap, lol.

So, injector replacement & re-tune definitely on the cards, but I can sort that when I get the car back. The tuner reckons I'll see 330-350 rwkw quite easily after that..

However, Jacob reckons the car is driving beautifully now, and lets rip VERY nicely, haha 8-)

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:18 pm 
Tyre Shredder

Ride: 2010 G6E

VIC, Australia

gotta love the e series for a canvas, perfect for cruises and quite obviously, power. :twisted:
a slight tone down on the black wouldn't hurt, but at the same time, gives an agressive look, which it can back up.
what you thinkin about for interior wise?

be good or be good at it.

Posted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:28 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

teeroy wrote:
gotta love the e series for a canvas, perfect for cruises and quite obviously, power. :twisted:
a slight tone down on the black wouldn't hurt, but at the same time, gives an agressive look, which it can back up.
what you thinkin about for interior wise?

Thanks mate.

Yeah, definitely toning down some of the airbrushing.

Interior-wise, just a nice seat retrim in Black / Grey, keeping a consistent theme ...and a stereo revamp, once again nothing mega :wink:

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:34 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

markr1967 wrote:
I made 405 rwhp / 298 rwkw at 12 psi, and approx 711 nm of torque, with more in it ...but the supposedly new Siemens Deka 60lb injectors I recently bought were really hampering anything higher, apparently fluctuating up to 30% of their duty cycles, which probably explains why Tuff Car Parts were selling them off so cheap, lol.

So, injector replacement & re-tune definitely on the cards, but I can sort that when I get the car back. The tuner reckons I'll see 330-350 rwkw quite easily after that..

However, Jacob reckons the car is driving beautifully now, and lets rip VERY nicely, haha 8-)

Hey Mark,

This is Justin from Tuff Car Parts. We stand by EVERY one of our customers, and our products so I'd like to see any issue through to a resolution.

If there is an issue, contact us - we are here to help. There is more to this story I can assure you.

The injectors you were supplied, as with everything we sell was BRAND NEW and GENUINE.

30% variation is a VERY big fluctuation, and for a claim that high it would be nice to see some flow test figures. If they are genuinely out, they will be replaced under warranty, no questions asked. As we said to you with every order you placed, "please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any problems."

Some tuners will simply blame injectors for other problems, some tuners will tell a customer any injector that the customer supplies is rubbish simply so they can supply their own product instead, and some tuners simply do not like Siemens Deka injectors - search on the XR6T forums, there is plenty of info around on these injectors, and also plenty of info around why some tuners do not like them.

Thanks,

Justin.

Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:42 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Sorry Justin, I obviously spouted off when I shouldn't have done ...and thanks for the offer.

The truth is, the tune didn't go off as smoothly as we hoped ...see http://www.pertheseries.com/forums/inde ... 00&st=1280
so I was a little stressed at the time, and only going by what the tuner was telling me ...and I'd be the first to admit that he probably didn't give things his due care & attention, and there is always the possibility that the injectors could have been a convenient scape-goat for a shortcoming or two..

I guess the only way to confirm his claim is to have the injectors flow-tested ...and go from there.

Apologies mate :oops:

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:14 pm 
Getting Side Ways

VIC, Australia

private9 wrote:
markr154 wrote:
All tuned..

However, Jacob reckons the car is driving beautifully now, and lets rip VERY nicely, haha :grin:

Hey mate,

If there is an issue, contact us - we are here to help. There is more to this story I can assure you.

The injectors you were supplied, as with everything we sell was BRAND NEW and GENUINE.

30% variation is a VERY big fluctuation, and for a claim that high it would be nice to see some flow test figures. If they are genuinely out, they will be replaced under warranty, no questions asked. As we said to you with every order you placed, "please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any problems."

Some tuners will simply blame injectors for other problems, some tuners will tell a customer any injector that the customer supplies is rubbish simply so they can supply their own product instead, and some tuners simply do not like Siemens Deka injectors - search on the XR6T forums, there is plenty of info around on these injectors, and also plenty of info around why some tuners do not like them.

Thanks,

Justin.

markr154 wrote:
Sorry Justin, I obviously spouted off when I shouldn't have done ...and thanks for the offer.

The truth is, the tune didn't go off as smoothly as we hoped ...see http://www.pertheseries.com/forums/inde ... 00&st=1280
so I was a little stressed at the time, and only going by what the tuner was telling me ...and I'd be the first to admit that he probably didn't give things his due care & attention, and there is always the possibility that the injectors could have been a convenient scape-goat for a shortcoming or two..

I guess the only way to confirm his claim is to have the injectors flow-tested ...and go from there.

Apologies mate :blush:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your time over the phone on Monday afternoon. There is no need to apologize at all, if there is an issue we want to see it resolved and you as the customer happy with the product and service that you received.

Straight up, as mentioned I was a little taken aback that you felt you couldn't contact us initially before claiming the injectors were secondhand (which of course they were not). All of your previous enquiries via email, ebay and PM were all answered promptly, politely and thoroughly, and I'm sure that you will agree that all of your orders were handled professionally with advice, progress updates and automatic delivery tracking as all part of the service that any of our customer's receive.

All of that aside, I really appreciate your time on the phone and it was good to hear some more info about the build. There are certainly a few factors at play and as advised further investigation of the issue is recommended. I would strongly recommend not to be driving the car until we resolve this potential issue.

As we discussed, if you can send the injectors back to us, we will have them independently flow tested. If the injectors are faulty or out of spec then they will be replaced no questions asked. Given the time and distance constraints involved, I do understand that this may not be possible immediately!

Siemens injectors, as with most other brands of injectors on the market have a factory flow tolerance of +/- 5% and if they are outside of that window, they will be deemed as out of spec and will of course be covered by warranty!

Anyhow, keep in touch!

Thanks,

Justin.
Tuff Car Parts.

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:03 pm 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

Black crossovers, not the best quality pic..

Still on course for planning return transport end of this / early next week :wink:

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Posted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:08 pm 
Smokin em up

Gallery: 6 images

Ride: ef xr6

VIC, Australia

OMG I LOVE your car really impressed with all the work not so much on all the black on the body but engine bay is amazing would love to see the car but i live in melbourne :( have been looking at doing the change over when i get off my ps could i get a rough price on how much you have spend on the transplant?
once again great work

EF XR6
K&N PANEL FILTER ulah, CAM, J3 CHIP, 128.3 RWKW, F6 TYPHOON RIMS, FULL TAN AND BLACK INTERIOR, CUSTOM BOOT INSTALL IN PROGRESS..
:)

Posted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:05 am 
Stock as a Rock

WA, Australia

kick_ass_ford wrote:
OMG I LOVE your car really impressed with all the work not so much on all the black on the body but engine bay is amazing would love to see the car but i live in melbourne :( have been looking at doing the change over when i get off my ps could i get a rough price on how much you have spend on the transplant?
once again great work

Thanks mate :wink:

Yeah, I'm definitely gonna rethink / redo the exterior side of things ...it's only paint anyways.

(298 rwkw @ 12 psi)

BF TYPHOON BOOSTED!!!

Sort by  
 Page 3 of 10  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next